Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
2003 28 In Classifieds, Anyone know it? >

2003 28 In Classifieds, Anyone know it?

Notices

2003 28 In Classifieds, Anyone know it?

Old 06-28-2007, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 28 In Classifieds, Anyone know it?

I really like this boat. Had a 79, 24 Pantera years ago and sold my 25 Outlaw HP500 to a guy in Germany a month ago. First time in 15 years been without a boat. Going nuts!

I have been watching this boat for several months as it has been for sale a long time. Does anyone know anything about it? Also, I am unfamilier with the 7 inch offset extention box? Is that Mercruiser? What is that for? Also the hydraulic steering is in the box? Full hydraulic to the helm? Also, the upper and lower is Imco and not Mercruiser? Looks like Mercruiser logo's on it.

Thanks for the help guys. Just wanted to do some research before I contact the seller.

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o12050-en.html
Old 06-28-2007, 08:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by G Man
I really like this boat. Had a 79, 24 Pantera years ago and sold my 25 Outlaw HP500 to a guy in Germany a month ago. First time in 15 years been without a boat. Going nuts!

I have been watching this boat for several months as it has been for sale a long time. Does anyone know anything about it? Also, I am unfamilier with the 7 inch offset extention box? Is that Mercruiser? What is that for? Also the hydraulic steering is in the box? Full hydraulic to the helm? Also, the upper and lower is Imco and not Mercruiser? Looks like Mercruiser logo's on it.

Thanks for the help guys. Just wanted to do some research before I contact the seller.

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o12050-en.html
Too late, the seller is active on this forum

Call me with any questions you might have, 479 200 5924.

in the mean time.... I advertised in Sept, wrong time of year, but knew it was for sale then so why not. I bought it with 40 hrs from the original owner who had it one yr. I ran it three. it's been stored inside with full cover since Sept. I've recently lowered my price- a bunch Jo can give good history and vouch for my anal ways.

Merc offers an ITS system which includes a 7" setback with built in hyd steering, it's neat and tidy and not prone to gimble failures that some of the racers get. It is fuill hydro to the helm. Has the original Merc XR upper. at 140 hrs I grazed the lower on a shoal when the lake was low. I bought a new Imco/XR lower for it. The upper was inspected at the local merc shop and was in ex shape. I upgraded to a newer p/n vert shaft at the time cause the original was known to crack eventually from an oil hole (told you i was anal).

In the mean time, I bought some good used gears/prop shaft and rebuilt the stock lower, so I do have that if preferred.

I run mostly smooth freshwater. last yr we went to Destin (only ocena trip sice new) for 4 days, had a blast, sold the steel myco on the board and bought a new AL trailer that has not been 300 miles since the boat's been on it.

This boat will not disappoint. I'm taking it to Grand lake Wed to advertise and for Jayhawk 261 to test drive, ask him on Thursday what he thought.

Oh yea- the weekend after i got the shoal, the blower on the origianal 575SCI seized. After teardown I determined I was going to Whipple the 575, but had a buyer who wanted it (replaced with a rebuilt stock blower) and a friend selling the merc HP500 with whipple. So i sold the 575, did the HP500/whipple and found the motor needed work. I had a lot done by a reputable local shop, dialed in on the Dyno- my intent was to keep it. 30 hrs later, I miraculously convinced my wife to let me get another cat, I shopped and bought, she still prefers the Pantera

I'll be gone the next 5 days, won't get much if any PC time
Old 06-28-2007, 08:30 PM
Registered

Thanks Cat, I'll contact you when you return. Have fun and take it easy on my new potential boat.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey G Man Here is a couple pics of a Bravo XR with the ITS Tramsom assy. They are pretty sweet ! The Transom assy. looks like a mini #6
Attached Thumbnails 2003 28 In Classifieds, Anyone know it?-dsc00730.jpg   2003 28 In Classifieds, Anyone know it?-dsc00733.jpg  
Old 06-28-2007, 09:21 PM
Registered

Very cool!
Old 06-28-2007, 10:09 PM
Registered

I have ridden in the boat both at cruise and WOT. The boat is a steal. Bang for the buck it is one of the best buys on OSO right now. The boat has been very very very well taken care of. I have helped put the cover on many times and helped clean daily after use. It also has a very unmistakeable sound.....and it sounds good! I wish someone would buy it without power so I could buy the motor for my boat.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:32 AM
Registered

I've been eyeing that thing since September. I love Panteras!! Do you have any surge at idle with that charger? It's got some sort of mufflers/tips too right? Switchable? Why the maximus? Sorry got lots of questions, didn't know you were on here!!

Sweet, sweet boat.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bsirk
I've been eyeing that thing since September. I love Panteras!! Do you have any surge at idle with that charger? It's got some sort of mufflers/tips too right? Switchable? Why the maximus? Sorry got lots of questions, didn't know you were on here!!

Sweet, sweet boat.
no surge, drew marine shotguns, they open and close automatically. It's a Hydromotive P5X, no loss in top end or perhaps minimal. less slippage at cruise which is where I log 90% of the hours
Old 06-29-2007, 06:45 AM
Registered

Cattitude - I hope that you and your family are doing well and I see that your Pantera is really being talked about - It is still one of the best looking boats that I have seen - It reminds me of my Stars & Stripes - Good Luck...
Old 06-29-2007, 09:09 PM
Registered

Cat looks like I sparked some interset in your boat. If I don't buy it and it sells do I get a cut? : )

Quick Reply: 2003 28 In Classifieds, Anyone know it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.