So what IS that right mix?

Notices

So what IS that right mix?

Old 06-29-2007, 01:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormrider
They are a handfull over in the 70s, and they are a drivers boat, but thats what makes them fun.
24 a family boat, sure it can be... how many kids you got and where you boating and what kind of boating do you do?

That first part makes me chuckle a bit. I get spoiled when I hop in the 24 from my Allison. The full hydraulic steering makes my 24 a cakewalk compared to the Ally.

Mine is used as a family boat. You can tell by all the "Polly Pockets" left in the cabin after a long weekend. But mine is an SE which is a lot different than the Sports.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:51 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Jeff, are the seatbelts still in the boat?
I had fabricated old gm style belts w/ velcro stiched to them.
and w/ velcro under the bench.

Well, it is a drivers boat... compared to my buds 29 SEA RAY!
LOL

And it can be a family boat... just like any closet can be a walk in closet. You just have to try hard enough.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well ,just my 2 cnets- I have had six boats from 24' to 38 feet all very good boats, and now I have a 28 pantera w/2x 500s, I been in the ocean and in big lakes, I am not saying that I am right but I am saying that I am very,very,very, happy with my 2x500s.Some say too ass heavy NO WAY, not even a bit, my boat rolls on to plane in a flash, the boat is a BIG 28.I parked next to two of my friends 28s one was a howard bullet , it looked like it was 24' next to me , the other was a 28 daytona I still looked longer and more free bored.The boat is fast and gets to a top speed of 87 on the gps , she rides stright and level.But the key question is for you shoping for a boat , are going to run it in the big blue or on lakes. I will take it out in the ocean, but I am not a fan because I am soooooo anal about the salt I did it fore a long time with my 38 cig t/g.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
I'll give you $50K right now for a used 28 pantera with small blocks.
For that kind of money, I'm sure that Scott would sell you his with the small blocks in there.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 296 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by duunoit
For that kind of money, I'm sure that Scott would sell you his with the small blocks in there.
I'm sure he would too. Probobly wasn't specific enough. I'm thinking more of a newer one for that kind of money, but would buy an older one for less.

Scott - I would pay $30K for it or close to it .
Old 06-29-2007, 07:10 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

$20 w/ no drives.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:19 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
Mine ran 66 gps with a 330 merc and a bravo + 24.
Really, someone must have done some nice setup on yours to get that out of an older 24. was there 70 in her with a labbed prop maybe? awesome job Dude. Love the 24
Old 06-29-2007, 08:33 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by towhead
Hey,

I've been reading this forum for a couple of years. The consensus among owners seems to be that the 24's are cramped. And the 28's aren't big enough to justify twins now that so much power can be had from (dependable) singles.

So, the ultimate Pantera is a 28 single right? (The BIG boat is NOT included, I can't even DREAM that big.)
I have had a 24 single and now have a 28 single. When I had the 24 I had always wished that Pantera would make a 26' or 27' by 7'10 beam single with a small cabin, kind of a mini cigarette Gladiator that would run some nice numbers with the single 496 or 525.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:13 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IRONMAN
I have had a 24 single and now have a 28 single. When I had the 24 I had always wished that Pantera would make a 26' or 27' by 7'10 beam single with a small cabin, kind of a mini cigarette Gladiator that would run some nice numbers with the single 496 or 525.
I agree...
the 24' is a little small for the family and it takes big power to push a 28' single.
Something in between would be a nice option.
Joker is building the 26' Corsa hull with a new deck. Tyler Crockett's race boat looks awesome.
Let's see how a pleasure version turns out...
Old 06-30-2007, 09:28 AM
Registered

Yah I had it done by some hot sh1t Pantera guy in Lake George! You might know him.

Ironman, you did a nice job with that boat. As much as I love my 28, I still miss the 24, too!

Quick Reply: So what IS that right mix?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.