Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Why are these boats so hard to find used??? >

Why are these boats so hard to find used???

Notices

Why are these boats so hard to find used???

Old 08-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dan, here you go... http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=120217

There's another thread too, but I'll let you test out the search function on that one!
Old 08-02-2007, 07:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
Dan, here you go... http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=120217

There's another thread too, but I'll let you test out the search function on that one!
Thanks Dude!, found it.

Dan
Old 08-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Registered

Sounds like a great boat from the thread. I just emailed them yesterday about the boat and something happened to the XZ OD and needs to be repaired... I don't know what is wrong with it or what it'll take to repair. Found a brand new XR drive for 6500 in the classifieds, any thoughts???

I'd just have to get rid of mine first.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 310 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by robltc
Sounds like a great boat from the thread. I just emailed them yesterday about the boat and something happened to the XZ OD and needs to be repaired... I don't know what is wrong with it or what it'll take to repair. Found a brand new XR drive for 6500 in the classifieds, any thoughts???

I'd just have to get rid of mine first.
Oh man thats funny. Somebody was just talking about the durability of that XZ drive. I believe somebody also said that it would be fine . I have this picture of somebody taking it for a test drive and getting WOT then

Well I guess there are really no suprises now with that boat. No wonder she dropped the price down to $27,500.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 310 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by Luuk
A friend of mine is looking for a Pantera 24/28, complete, around 30K $, is that an possible equation?
This thread has a couple of 24's listed for sale

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=161630

There was one 1977 stamped hull 24 that has been completely redone with new interior for $29K. I'm sure you could get it for $25K
Old 08-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Registered

I'll bet that bravo either let go on a shift out of neutral, when someone hammered it coming out of the hole or when the prop surfaced and re-entered without being throttled. Costant load at WOT probably wouldn't nuke the drive its the application of the torque not the steady state that blow stuff up!

Albert's got big power behind an XR and it's bomb proof (with proper technique).

Seems like a good excuse for further reduction to purchase price and then take the savings and buy and Imco. I think they're $10k or less ($6,500 sticks in my head for some reason).
Old 08-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
I'll bet that bravo either let go on a shift out of neutral, when someone hammered it coming out of the hole or when the prop surfaced and re-entered without being throttled. Costant load at WOT probably wouldn't nuke the drive its the application of the torque not the steady state that blow stuff up!

Albert's got big power behind an XR and it's bomb proof (with proper technique).

Seems like a good excuse for further reduction to purchase price and then take the savings and buy and Imco. I think they're $10k or less ($6,500 sticks in my head for some reason).

Could be... but she/he whoever replied to me mentioned something about the mechanic. "Unfortunately the outdrive needs to be repaired due to an incompetent mechanic..."
I'd still be interested in the boat. I'd switch to an Imco or XR like you mentioned. Prolly, get it for less than 27,500 the way it sounded. Spend 25 plus 7k for a new drive 32 deep for a great boat. I couldn't tell much about the interior though from the pics.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Registered

I've seen this 28 Pantera in person several times and it's going to need some TLC. It looks like it was built a while ago and someone didn't keep up with it. I think that it may have been pretty nice at one point though. It does have a race style faring and even though it has that fairing somone made a cabin underneath. It just all exposed under there. Meaning it doesn't have a cabin door or anything thing call me if you have any questions. The other thing is that I heard that the boat has gone through numerous drives. Don't know why but I heard there has been many on it!!!!

Mike
443-454-6453
Old 08-03-2007, 03:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MikeFormula
I've seen this 28 Pantera in person several times and it's going to need some TLC. It looks like it was built a while ago and someone didn't keep up with it. I think that it may have been pretty nice at one point though. It does have a race style faring and even though it has that fairing somone made a cabin underneath. It just all exposed under there. Meaning it doesn't have a cabin door or anything thing call me if you have any questions. The other thing is that I heard that the boat has gone through numerous drives. Don't know why but I heard there has been many on it!!!!

Mike
443-454-6453
Thanks Mike, Well I've already got a Pantera that needs some TLC I' probably wouldn't even consider another boat if I was on the water with mine. I hear the 24's are a blast to drive, I've still not had it on the water. The flippin trailer needs to be rebuilt... of all things. Easy to do, just no time.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is a picture of what the boat looked like originally.I am almost sure this is the boat before the owner did all of the changes to it on their own.

JO
Attached Thumbnails Why are these boats so hard to find used???-stressed-out.jpg  

Quick Reply: Why are these boats so hard to find used???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.