WIP - Work In Progress

Notices

WIP - Work In Progress

Old 10-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
must be 23/7 x 6'6 then, I remember a 6 and a 7 in there somwhere
That sound's about right. I guess us 24' Pantera guys all fall just shy of an 8...
Old 10-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Registered

To get back on topic...

My engine builder called this morning to say that everything is coming along well, and he was finishing the lower end this evening.
It's moving along faster than I thought, and apparently the new cam and lifters are ready to go in. He has a new(used) intake for me, and we were discussing carbs today.

I also got a shipment from my "secret supplier" today with some aluminum plate ( that I intend to machine for backer plates for the motor mounts and transom thru-bolt accesories) and the new bilge blower hoses - heavy duty stuff, not that cheap dryer vent hose that falls apart.
It's been a while since a pic - maybe I'll try to get one tomorrow night of my pile of parts.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

looking great tim!!
Old 10-25-2007, 09:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ITLLFLI
looking great tim!!
Thanks Byron - and I have to tell ya you're Dad is a great guy!!
He's been all over that motor. He called me this morning when he got the painted timing cover shipped back to him(gray - to match what I intend for the hullsides) and asked if he wanted me to have it painted the black he painted the motor. After telling me that us crazy kids shouldn't be worried about the paint on the motor. Just tell him if we paint it to match, it'll go faster
I might need to run up there Sunday and grab the valve covers to paint them too. Larry is moving a heck of alot faster than I was expecting. Sounds like a great build. Let me know when we can finish the top end - I would like to do at least a little wrenching on my motor.
BTW - the new AV with about 6" of donzi hull doing 80.5 is killer. Great Pic!
Hopefully we'll pull off a pic of my Pantera like that next summer!
Old 10-26-2007, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Bouy,
I talked with him last night as he was adjusting the valves!! It has rained all week so he's been trapped inside assembling all kinds of engines!! I have been in wonderful sunny 90+ phoenix all week!!! I may be around there on sunday trying to get my 565 together.

Thanks for the comment on the AV! Oh we will get some good air pics of yours!
Old 10-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tim, I am glad that you have my old boat, seems like a gerat fit. Hey if you need an intake let me know I have an edelbrock O-Port torker that I would send you for really cheap(ship+15) and it ran almost identically to a Dart intake on a 454 400hp in the boat with a 1" spacer. I like your Paint scheme idea but I would suggest bringing the white hull bottom up to 4" on the hullsides and the grey from there up to the rubrail, like the new Formulas and Cigarettes. Notice how the white comes above the chine and makes the boat look bigger and lower check out the profile on this Cig in the water .http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o17657-en.html

Last edited by IRONMAN; 10-26-2007 at 09:02 PM.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:36 AM
Registered

Thanks Chris. I'm gonna talk to my engine builder, and see what he suggests on the intake. I know just about 1/2 of nothing when it comes to motors (well, maybe 3/4) and tweaking for performance.

I like your idea of wrapping the white bottom up the sides a bit - I'll have to play with some line drawings and see how that will work out. It might make the boat look sleeker (not that it doesn't already) but being only a 24' I don't want to make it look any shorter. I'll have to play with some drawings.

Does anyone have a profile line drawing of a 24 that I could use to start playing with paint schemes?
Old 11-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Registered

I got a few pictures sent from my engine builders, so I thought I'd update. Here's where we're at.
I need to change some of the bolts to SS "pimp bolts" (hex head) on the timing cover, and the valve covers are temporary stockers - that'll change!!
I need a good Flame Arrestor to top her.
I started with the Gray on the timing cover, and have other accessories I've already painted to match (motor mounts, brackets, etc...) what do you think??
I haven't seen it in person yet, and have been kind of nervous.
I plan on going with the hullsides the same shade gray, and wanted to tie the motor in. I think it'll look great against the stark white Bilge - and that big old SSM dry exhaust with the chrome risers, and sleeper inner's (thanks Sean!!!)
Attached Thumbnails WIP - Work In Progress-pict7455.jpg  

Last edited by bouyhunter; 11-08-2007 at 09:33 PM. Reason: the mouse fell off my laptop
Old 11-09-2007, 08:37 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I like the contrast of the black block/heads and the gray cover, looks really sharp. I am really glad that you were able to remove the traces of the name, I had spent hours trying to get it off with a fine polish and it did nothing, just never had the balls to wetsand it. You will probably need to find a Bravo1 24" prop for the new power, Looks great.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:41 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Are you going to dyno it?

Quick Reply: WIP - Work In Progress

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.