Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
New Pantera video's >

New Pantera video's

Notices

New Pantera video's

Old 12-18-2007, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here are 2 more video links. The 1st shows the Blue 36' last week coming into Miami Beach Marina and the other shows some behind the scenes footage from the TV show we did a few months back called "El Circulo" which will actually be on TV tonight again at 9:00 PM on Channel 22 Mega TV.

JO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw2-1-1jfpU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJs10rRFUR8
Old 12-18-2007, 02:30 PM
Registered

Hi Tomas,

I knew you would enjoy watching your 28' in action.

In F1 class we were running a stock Mercruiser HP 500 Carb.It was rough that year in Key West on the outside with consistent 5 - 6 footers. BJ and I were running WOT in that water.I had to play with drive trim and tabs quite a bit that day.

In 2000 Baltimore race we lead from the start to finish in P3 class with the HP 500 with the blower. Boat would run right at 88-89 MPH. We had a 38' Huster Slingshot powered by twin 500 Mercs. approximately 1/4 mile back from us lap after lap plus a twin outboard 24' Skater and a twin engine Sunsation 32' with blowermotors. Boat ran perfect all day and we actually ran out of gas crossing the finish line. Your boat is probably the lightest 28' we have ever built. The entire clips will be posted on the Pantera site next week which show alot more footage from each race.

JO
Old 12-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JO - PANTERABOATS
Hi Tomas,

I knew you would enjoy watching your 28' in action.

In F1 class we were running a stock Mercruiser HP 500 Carb.It was rough that year in Key West on the outside with consistent 5 - 6 footers. BJ and I were running WOT in that water.I had to play with drive trim and tabs quite a bit that day.

In 2000 Baltimore race we lead from the start to finish in P3 class with the HP 500 with the blower. Boat would run right at 88-89 MPH. We had a 38' Huster Slingshot powered by twin 500 Mercs. approximately 1/4 mile back from us lap after lap plus a twin outboard 24' Skater and a twin engine Sunsation 32' with blowermotors. Boat ran perfect all day and we actually ran out of gas crossing the finish line. Your boat is probably the lightest 28' we have ever built. The entire clips will be posted on the Pantera site next week which show alot more footage from each race.

JO
Of course, that was a great early christmas gift!

Do you have any pics of that blown HP500? Was it that flat the entire Baltimore race?
Old 12-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Registered

I do not have any pics of the engine. I am not 100 % certain which blower motor was in the boat for that race.I know it had great acceleration

The Baltimore, Maryland race had mainly a 1-2 foot chop. We ran wide open the entire race.

I will see if I can find the 1999 A.P.B.A. West Palm Beach race in F1 class. There was a Hurricane off the coast and we raced in huge swells. It was alot of fun.

JO
Old 12-19-2007, 09:28 AM
Registered

Man this sucks I just read this post and then I see that they are on youtube and damn!!!! I'm blocked from that site while at work! Now I have to wait patiently till I get off work just to see these. I think this might have to be an early day here lol

JO where was the actual Baltimore race? Like around the inner harbor or somewhere else. Just wondering I was at a race that year, but don't know if it was the same one. I do however remember it being very calm that day cause I was out in my 22 Classic Donzi and had no problems getting down the bay.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JO - PANTERABOATS
Here are a few links to some race footage on Pantera's. I thought you guys would like to see them.

The Blue 36' video was taken this past week. The F1-28 Travel Now.com - MCS was from the 1999 - 2000 race season. F1-71 from Daytona 2001 and F2-71 at the Key West 2004 World Championships.

The entire video clips will be posted on our website next week plus a few other.

Most of the footage was taken by Freeze Frame video. Original race footage can be purchased from Jeff at Freeze Frame.

Enjoy !!

JO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ-Cq3-hpjU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehklDnTS_Bs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAmz0kVWRoo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssusWKXS0iA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kvox9msZKM
glad to see my boat is being used for see trials now. lol wft? come on jo sell this thing will ya.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

This is my fav! Some Damn good Factory 1 action!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehklDnTS_Bs
Old 12-19-2007, 09:19 PM
Registered

We finished F1-71 Friday night at 1:00 AM and fired the boat up on the hose and drove straight to Daytona to race in the Morning. The drive was a bit to high but with no time to test we were down a few mph along the beach in calmer condition ( 3-4 footers ) but as soon as we made the right hand turn and headed right into the real 5 - 6 footers we were making incredible time on the Purple Haze boat. There was I think like 12 -14 F1 boats present at this race.

The Purple Haze had a few mph on us on the inside but you can clearly see on the tape how much faster we were running on the outside leg.We swapped the lead a few times during the race.

Then on Sunday morning we raced in the Miami SBI race and in "real" 6-8 footers ( 25 MPH winds ) we dominated and beat most of the F2 canopied race boats that were atleast 10 feet longer with twin engines. I will see if I can post this video. Everyone present were very impressed on how a 28' Single engine Pantera with a 500 EFI could run like that in huge seas and beat most of the larger canopied boats with much larger staggered engine's . My Father did a great job of running in between the large waves and I ran it W.O.T. the entire race.

It was a good feeling to Win with My Father in the boat with me !!!

Mike,

The Baltimore race was held in the harbor.

JO

Last edited by JO - PANTERABOATS; 12-19-2007 at 09:36 PM.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:38 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Congrats!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 10:28 AM
Registered

Jo, that's a great story! My dad is an albatross... Something goes wrong every time he comes out with me! You couldn't pay me to run a race boat with my dad in it!!

Quick Reply: New Pantera video's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.