Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Redoing the interior in my 28 >

Redoing the interior in my 28

Notices

Redoing the interior in my 28

Old 01-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Foot throttle! Now that's some old-school California jet boat stuff right there!

I was comparing cockpit size to a full pleasure boat (at this point I just look for excuses to say "full pleasure" hahaha). Can't wait to see how she comes out!
Old 01-30-2008, 02:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
Foot throttle! Now that's some old-school California jet boat stuff right there!

I was comparing cockpit size to a full pleasure boat (at this point I just look for excuses to say "full pleasure" hahaha). Can't wait to see how she comes out!
Nah, it's really what the raceboats here in Sweden uses, it really is wicked!!! Will most likely use the Sjoeberg Racing throttle.

Last edited by tomas_wallin; 01-30-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tomas_wallin

It's not the first time, but it's too fun to not do the best and most out of these "small" projects.

When are you going to Pantera then? I will try to get us Swedes to come up with a date today.

Yeah, it is fun.
My project is still coming along, and working on upholstery now.
And my wife is doing all the shopping for parts and things on E-bay and other places - she's actually enjoying it.
Got a new flame arrestor in today, and last night she cut a deal on a hatch actuator.
Sure beats her going shopping at the mall for useless crap like some wives

Planning on doing the factory on Fri. the 15th, and then the show on the 16th. At least that's what's been brought up in another thread.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:59 PM
Registered

Hey Tomas, have you run an offshore boat with a foot throttle before? If so, how do you like it compared to a hand throttle?
Old 01-31-2008, 01:33 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Lightbulb

Hey Tomas, have you run an offshore boat with a foot throttle before? If so, how do you like it compared to a hand throttle?
Wow, that lightbulb over your head is so bright, i can see it from here in NY. LOL
Old 01-31-2008, 01:42 PM
Registered

Ha! Rob you give me too much credit! The best idea I've ever had would hardly light the fridge!

I'm mostly just asking out of curiosity. I've noticed that Jackie Hunt runs one in the P1 Supersport boat. I wondered if it made it easier to drive and throttle...
Old 01-31-2008, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 136 Likes on 61 Posts

It may be different in the Pantera but getting bumped around in my jet boat sometimes bumps on and off the throttle.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:53 AM
Registered

The only one I have run is Manges Arrow 830 and it was a blast to say the least, a totally different feel than standing up with hand throttle. It felt like you were connected to the boat in a totally different way. Kind of like driving a car...

Originally Posted by tomcei
It may be different in the Pantera but getting bumped around in my jet boat sometimes bumps on and off the throttle.
That was my biggest concern as well. But as long you have the correct seats with lots of support and a good left foot support you're good to go!

Then it's the seat heights, I like to have a bit of perspective of the waters ahead of me so that must me correctly adjusted, that's partly why I'm going to lower the headrests about 4" or so (as in the pic) so they don't stick out too much of the cockpit..
Old 02-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Make sure whatever foot throttle you go with has a hook on it, so you can pull back if necessary with your foot.

I had a return spring break on mine at 97-98 mph in my Allison. Not the best feeling, but thank god I had the ability to pull it back with my foot (because of the hook/loop over my foot. )
Old 02-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Registered

Guess it's probably like driving an off road truck...

Quick Reply: Redoing the interior in my 28

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.