Open ocean racing and no Panteras??? >

Open ocean racing and no Panteras???

Notices

Open ocean racing and no Panteras???

Old 05-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JO - PANTERABOATS
Jo will teach you on the way to Bimini, you might want to jump off in Bimini if the gulfstream is rough.

Should it be rough, you will find out as soon as you loose Miami in the horizon if you like it or not!
Later,
pp.

PS, Are you on or off???
That would be awesome.

Hopefully this thing runs again cause in about 2 years time I will be ready to rock and roll.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
A year from now, I'd be ready for this.
I'm still in project mode.

I've been wanting to see this happen for a long time.

I would want to run it just to say I did it. Wouldn't even care about winning. Just to be able to say I did it.
Anyone have an open seat??
If you have an open seat next year i'm in, We coulld drop in a tall deck for the run to make it real interesting!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by IRONMAN
If you have an open seat next year i'm in, We coulld drop in a tall deck for the run to make it real interesting!!!
Chris - I should be ready by then. And I'll take you up on that.
Coming from you, I know this boat must have the stones to do it - not that I had much doubt.
Maybe we can even pull in Sean to help out.
Tall deck would make it interesting
Remember though - I think the biggest challenges in this race are 1. Finding your way there. 2. Finding your way back. 3. Keeping it all together to actually finish the race - er, timed run...
Old 05-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
Jo, I'll drive you throttle.
and i'll point ya in the right direction !!
Old 05-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris - I should be ready by then. And I'll take you up on that.
Coming from you, I know this boat must have the stones to do it - not that I had much doubt.
Maybe we can even pull in Sean to help out.
Tall deck would make it interesting
Remember though - I think the biggest challenges in this race are 1. Finding your way there. 2. Finding your way back. 3. Keeping it all together to actually finish the race - er, timed run...
It scares me to even think of what could happen if the three of us team up and prepare for a year 3. pick the most likely one to finish 2 No problem finding the way back so long as the finish line bar is stocked well 1. seems to be the biggest problem HMMMMM
Old 05-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by IRONMAN
It scares me to even think of what could happen if the three of us team up and prepare for a year 3. pick the most likely one to finish 2 No problem finding the way back so long as the finish line bar is stocked well 1. seems to be the biggest problem HMMMMM
Would there be any penalty or infraction of the rules if in the cabin there was a cooler full of barley-pops on ice just for in the event we got too lost or broke down??
Old 05-09-2008, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 310 Likes on 182 Posts

Would there be any penalty or infraction of the rules if in the cabin there was a cooler full of barley-pops on ice just for in the event we got too lost or broke down??
Ahhhhhhh........ just bring some moonshine and toss it in the fuel if they call you out

This thread makes me want to join the race, you paying bouy??????
Old 05-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Ahhhhhhh........ just bring some moonshine and toss it in the fuel if they call you out

This thread makes me want to join the race, you paying bouy??????
You want to get in??
I saw someone else also looking for someone to fill a seat for some help with the entrance fee and expenses.
I'd seriously consider it - very seriously.
(God my wifes gonna kill me...)
I know you've got a rig that can do it - is it up to it? And don't take that the wrong way, I know you've only had it a short time, and may still be chasing down some gremlins.
If my boat was ready, I'd without a doubt be there to run.
Or, just consider it a semi-leisurely cruise in the ocean and make the round - I don't need a trophy because I only "participated" - the experience would be enough. And the company of the real men of offshore..
This is a chance to stake your own little claim in offshore history - and a memory and story that you'll have for the rest of your life.
There is an outside chance I could pull a sponsor to help - gonna take some salesmanship, but it's possible.
PM me if you really want to run it, and we'll talk.
And Sunday of that weekend is my B-day, what better gift??
It would set me back on completing the work on my boat, but man, what an opportunity to run.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by MIAMIBOYZ
However, we will probably participate with our 38 Cig T/G race boat.
It looks like Cigarette is going to be the only one of the old time brands that are represented.

We have a couple of other Cigarette's that the checks have just arrived, so you will have somebody to play with out there.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 310 Likes on 182 Posts

You want to get in??
I saw someone else also looking for someone to fill a seat for some help with the entrance fee and expenses.
I'd seriously consider it - very seriously.
(God my wifes gonna kill me...)
I know you've got a rig that can do it - is it up to it? And don't take that the wrong way, I know you've only had it a short time, and may still be chasing down some gremlins.
If my boat was ready, I'd without a doubt be there to run.
Or, just consider it a semi-leisurely cruise in the ocean and make the round - I don't need a trophy because I only "participated" - the experience would be enough. And the company of the real men of offshore..
This is a chance to stake your own little claim in offshore history - and a memory and story that you'll have for the rest of your life.
There is an outside chance I could pull a sponsor to help - gonna take some salesmanship, but it's possible.
PM me if you really want to run it, and we'll talk.
And Sunday of that weekend is my B-day, what better gift??
It would set me back on completing the work on my boat, but man, what an opportunity to run.
Gremlins, what gremlins. Who needs the dayum temp gauge anyways......... The boat is up to it, but my driving skills could use some help. I've only had it out once and am still getting used to it. Where do you live at? When and where is this race? The link doesn't have any info. I'm honestly considering it. My biggest hurdle would be getting a truck to make the long haul.

Quick Reply: Open ocean racing and no Panteras???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.