Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
static trim tabs >

static trim tabs

Notices

static trim tabs

Old 07-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went from Bennett tabs to Kplanes on my 24 Baja and it made a world of difference at 65-70mph against a quartering sea. Keep an eye out for a used set in the classifieds. Money well spent, but dont expect to get it back when you sell the boat. So, before you spend a chit load of dough on upgrades, be sure you are gonna keep the boat for a while.

good luck
Old 07-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Banned
Gold Member

Email me at [email protected]

We can get you the tabs, pumps and hardware. And yes I will help you out!!

Kirk
Old 07-16-2008, 08:58 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by beck427
Well after looking at the price of rams and proper pumps........ I am probably going to just purchase some tabs.

What size would someone recommend for a 24.... is there such thing as too large of tabs???
A 18" tab is more than enough, you will be much happier with the boat if you loose the cast iron exhaust for some aftermarket lighter aluminum or stainless exhaust and use a smaller( read less$$) tab. Removing a little weight from the aft end does wonders.You may find yourself trying to correct for something that becomes a non issue when you do some engine mods and a prop change.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:31 AM
Registered

Right now I believe the boat has an emi exhaust manifold. I looked online and I can't find numbers but it looks to be lighter then stock. For now I am going to be looking for some used tabs until I break down and buy some new. I like the lines of the diamond performance tabs. anyone have experience with them???

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o20835-en.html
Old 07-17-2008, 04:55 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just installed billet Eddie Marine tabs on my 28 and really like them. I have installed some Lenco's on a friends boat and they are far superior to the stock bennet tabs. You could still fab your own and make the hole pattern the same as the Kplanes , Eddie Marine or Dana tabs and use the Lenco actuators, that way if you are not happy it would not require any transom filling to change them out in the future. Try to avoid the bennet pump and plastic cylinders like others have stated., Good luck