Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Braggin' Time. Show Off Thread. >

Braggin' Time. Show Off Thread.

Notices

Braggin' Time. Show Off Thread.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tom , while I am thinking about it send me some info & a price on your Jet & I will do my best to pass the word around....
Old 07-24-2008, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about the Tahiti/Kona history, but Scotty, I'm pretty sure that you me and Tom all came out of the same mold!

I actually live about 10 minutes from Westminster, but I wasnn't ever really into the jet/flattie scene. I grew up on Lake Ontario and the St. Lawrence so I didn't get much exposure. They sure are cool though!

That 410 sprinter was without question the most awesome and terrifying thing I've ever driven. I loved it, but there was also no question that if I ran one of those cars regularly, I'd either go broke or kill myself, and the real racing would be between those two alternatives (rather than racing my competitors!).

I had an opportunity to run a Supermodified up at Madera once and fortunately reached the same conclusion BEFORE I drove the car. I am, in a way, very lucky that the car I was supposed to drive was such a piece of crap that I turned down the change to run it.

Those 3rd Gen Rx7s are such cool cars! I'd love to have one, but I'm physically constucted in a way that is inconsistent with the interior space on those cars (Too tall and fat!).
Old 07-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=Dude! Sweet!;2633672]I don't know about the Tahiti/Kona history, but Scotty, I'm pretty sure that you me and Tom all came out of the same mold!

Now thats funny ! & might I say very true !
Old 07-24-2008, 11:06 AM
Registered

This thread also got me to thinking about cars/race cars I wished I'd bought. I'm sure we all have "the one that got a way" actually I'm sure we all have about 10 of them!

My two biggest mistakes were a '70 442 that I could have picked up my Sr. year of HS for something like $3,500. It was gold with black stripes and had the ram air hood.

The other, and the one that I regret most was a Frissbee bodied Lola T332 single seat Can Am car. $10k for the slider with a spare body, spare F5000 body and splashed Frissbee body molds... The car would have taken a lot of work and I'd just started building my Camaro T/A car. I figured the Camaro would have been cheaper to finish than the Lola, so kept going on the Camaro and turned down the Lola. In retrospect, I think I would have had the same money into the Lola (ok, so there's a trend here of missestimated costs so take that for what it's worth!) and would have had a much more valuable/cooler car.

Here's a sister car to the Lola (overpriced!)

http://race-cars.com/carsales/lola/1...28659556ss.htm

If you click on the photo, it will take you to more photos of the car... Can you say "sexy" and "death-trap" in the same breath?!

Last edited by Dude! Sweet!; 07-24-2008 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Registered

Here's a sister car to the Lola (overpriced!)

http://race-cars.com/carsales/lola/1...28659556ss.htm

Now that looks like it could pump a bit of adrenaline !
Old 07-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 136 Likes on 61 Posts

Scott,
the jet is a 1980 Youngblood TX-19. 454 ,steel crank, alum heads, victor intake, holley 800, hyd cam, roller rockers with gurtile, lighting wet headers. burk pump split bowl droup snoot, loader grate, and set back pump.
I totally stripped the boat to the hull - new paint, rub rail, re-drilled the dash w/ new guages and gps. (75mph), new fuel tanks, all new wiring all new cables and steering bla, bla, bla.
I can send you pics to email if you want.
Sure would like to let her go. Special deal for the OSO bro's
Old 07-24-2008, 12:13 PM
Registered

Send me some pics. & your asking price... I don't have anybody in mind right off hand , but there are always people coming in & out of here looking around.. I've got a buddy that messes with quite a few V-drives & those 2 tend to go hand & hand & he has buddies too so.. I will put the word out b/c I have no doubt it's a nice boat !
Old 07-26-2008, 10:58 AM
Registered

I posted this one on Sweet's thread the other day. But I am throwing it up again.
68 Ford Fairlane (Torino) with 427 stroked small block, c6 and 9". Old school hotrod! And my superglide before I changed colors about 2 months ago.