Video Clips - "28 Shogren Pantera"

Notices

Video Clips - "28 Shogren Pantera"

Old 08-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
Ah, did you get the sides repainted to get rid of the "eyes?" I ask because there is a 24' Pantera for sale on this site, and I really like the boat except the eyes. Just curious how much was involved with getting rid of them...
I think they are always decals ..... my boat was ... no painting!

AR15 just did the same thing - similar boat ..... http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=185225
Old 08-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool Video !! The boat looks & sound great !! & Yes I am fighting Jealousy esp. after seeing that Joepaws is about to go fire up that bad 36 & burn some fuel himself.... As I was watching your Video my wife asked whos boat that was & then Just said : I'm sorry !! She knows its not easy for a dude to just sit & watch others play.... Its like a kid who has been grounded for the entire summer & just so happens to live accross the street from the playground...... lol....

Not sure if the Eyes on the Black 24 are decals or not... I know they usually are but for some reason I want to think that the eyes on the black 24 SE are either all paint , or atleast have some airbrushing done on the decals...
Although Please don't take my word for it , but I really think they are paint....
Old 08-10-2008, 01:12 PM
Registered

Yea, they are, I thought they were.

Plus there is way too much engine in that boat for me, Id be happy with a 24 and a 496 HO at most.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ght=pantera+24
Old 08-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Registered

Tristar - Not sure where you are located but if I am correct & the eyes are painted & not decals don't let that discourage you from buying the boat b/c I just so happen to know a certain individual here in my area that could help you out... Besides he could always use some extra cash to help him get ungrounded & closer to a splash date & smelling smoke himself !! lol.....
Old 08-10-2008, 01:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
Tristar - Not sure where you are located but if I am correct & the eyes are painted & not decals don't let that discourage you from buying the boat b/c I just so happen to know a certain individual here in my area that could help you out... Besides he could always use some extra cash to help him get ungrounded & closer to a splash date & smelling smoke himself !! lol.....
The eyes are a part of it, the other is the engine. I want a more basic, "reliable" setup. Its the nervous engineer coming out in me, but I get scared in regards to the HP motors as opposed to the run of the mill Merc Mag series.

50k is not bad, if that boat is still in that condition.

Last edited by Tristar Racing; 08-10-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

Thanks but not too much sympathy Scott !! you have, and have owned a significant collection of awesome toys! and that Saber is wicked cool! can't wait to see her out busting waves!

I guess the eyes could be either way ..... back in the 80's we used to use Oven Cleaner to take stupid names off the sides without hurting the gelcoat or repainting ...... does that still work?

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
Cool Video !! The boat looks & sound great !! & Yes I am fighting Jealousy esp. after seeing that Joepaws is about to go fire up that bad 36 & burn some fuel himself.... As I was watching your Video my wife asked whos boat that was & then Just said : I'm sorry !! She knows its not easy for a dude to just sit & watch others play.... Its like a kid who has been grounded for the entire summer & just so happens to live accross the street from the playground...... lol....
Old 08-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mikeb4
Thanks but not too much sympathy Scott !! you have, and have owned a significant collection of awesome toys! and that Saber is wicked cool! can't wait to see her out busting waves!

I guess the eyes could be either way ..... back in the 80's we used to use Oven Cleaner to take stupid names off the sides without hurting the gelcoat or repainting ...... does that still work?
Thanks Bro, I really didn't think I would get too much sympathy anyways... But I've always been told that it never hurts to try & I thought it may apply here... LOL....

As for the oven cleaner I'm not sure on that one , However It would greatly depend on what was used for paint... I would think it has some sort of Urethane on it , whether it be a single stage , or base-Clear either one... I doubt oven cleaner would touch it but I have been know to be wrong on occasion...
Old 08-11-2008, 07:57 AM
Registered

Sweet Video. Thanks for sharing. I need to add that to my Myspace page. lol
Old 08-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

looks like it has a pretty damn good hole shot!
Old 08-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Registered

Great Video Mike !!! Motor sounds real good and boat looks great.Glad you are enjoying the boat.

JO

Quick Reply: Video Clips - "28 Shogren Pantera"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.