Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a pic of the last one.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a 24'-pantera0001.jpg  
Old 09-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you dead set on a 24? or are you looking at 28's also?
Old 09-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Banned
Gold Member

There are a couple 28s in the classifieds. One less power, but can be added if desired
Old 09-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Registered

I just bought a 24' Python which is the same hull as the pantera and its awesome. Its my first boat its great in rough water and hits 75mph with the 454. Lots of fun so far.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:16 AM
Registered

Buying a python to pantera owners is like telling Rolex owners you bought a Rolex in Mexico, looks similar and tells time but thats where it stops.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dono77056
Buying a python to pantera owners is like telling Rolex owners you bought a Rolex in Mexico, looks similar and tells time but thats where it stops.
Thats fine but considering its the same exact hull and does pretty much everything that a pantera could do, I think my opinion is valid. Also for my first boat and only being 21 I think its pleanty for me for now. In a year or so I will upgrade to something nicer. And I am not sure Panteras are the Rolex's of boats.

Any pics of your boat? What speeds are you getting with it?
Old 09-05-2008, 01:30 AM
Registered

My boat went 110mph,then the trailer tires blew!
Old 09-05-2008, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bromaguire
Thats fine but considering its the same exact hull and does pretty much everything that a pantera could do, I think my opinion is valid. Also for my first boat and only being 21 I think its pleanty for me for now. In a year or so I will upgrade to something nicer. And I am not sure Panteras are the Rolex's of boats.

Any pics of your boat? What speeds are you getting with it?
Not knocking Pythons at all but there really is no comparison. They are a nice boat but the build quality is night and day. Remember, Panteras are built to be raced and have a lifetime warranty on the hull. And the hulls are not exactly the same. There are a lot of 24/7 boats and most of them have very subtle differences that make big differences on the water.

You have a great boat and I wish I had something like that at your age. But remember you are in the Pantera forum, not the general section. So coming in and saying your Python can do everything a Pantera can do could ruffle some feathers.

I've run with some similar boats and when the going gets rough the Pantera starts to shine. My little 24 has surprised a lot of bigger boats!

Here's a pic of ScottyB showing what a Pantera can do!
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a 24'-scotty-b.jpg  
Old 09-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Registered

One's a lesser quality Knock off....you'll know the difference when you open your checkbook or go to sell it. Looks similar. Pantera's are hand built and have unbelievable support, primarily race boats.

The one thing that really stands out over all other brands including fountain and cigarette, is when you call the factory the owners asnwer the phone, not new owner or business guys but people who created the boat, race the boat and have for over 30 years. Another amazing thing send a picture to pepe or jo and they can tell you off the top of their head in most cases who has owned the boat. In addition, they will completely upgrade modify or refurbish your existing boat. Very nice people and generous with their time; speaks volumes about their product.

Python is great place to start for a 21 year old; at least you didnt go bayliner. As for as speed on mine, one asian girl, two latin chicas and one white girl for 4 outings this summer. Thats the top end results I'm more concerned with and being safe.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
Here's a pic of ScottyB showing what a Pantera can do!
Scotty did that for a couple of years of racing with it, spent more time in the air than on the water.......and the boat took it like only a Pantera can!

ps: I am looking for another 24 sport. Will trade my very nice Donzi 18 + $$.

Last edited by georges; 09-05-2008 at 11:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Looking for a 24'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.