Looking for a 24'

Notices

Looking for a 24'

Old 09-05-2008, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
This!
Okay, I am not trying to sound like a smart ass but what is it that makes a pantera be able to do that and not a python?
Old 09-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
I think this statement is what ruffled some feathers. These two are not even close to the same hull.

Now that doesn't mean you have a "bad" boat. If your boat does what you want it to then it's a good boat. Like I said this is the Pantera forum so tread lightly and you will make friends. 99% of the people in this forum believe the Pantera 24 is the best rough water 24/7 out there.

Saying you have a similar boat and you love it would have been better.
Thats what I am asking what makes it better? I am very new to these boats so I am still learning about them. I'm not trying to say my boat is the same but its similar.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bromaguire
First off I didn't come into this thread saying my python could out perform any other boat. I only said, "I just bought a 24' Python which is the same hull as the pantera and its awesome. Its my first boat its great in rough water and hits 75mph with the 454. Lots of fun so far." Doesn't seem like I am implying my boat is better or worse than any other boats, just that I like mine and I am happy with it. Honestly you can come at me saying I put down your almighty pantera but I only defened myself when another member decided they felt it neccessary to point out that my boat is as good as a pantera.

I don't think a pantera would be any better for me either. I am just figuring out boating and clearly don't have the experience to notice what I would assume is just a more solid hull that the pantera provides would do for me. I didn't buy my boat for racing so weather or not it was built for that doesn't do anything for me because I won't be racing it.

Since you guys feel that the pantera is such a superior boat capable of things my Python couldn't do would someone educate me and point out a few things I would be able to accomplish in a 24' pantera that I couldn't do with my 24' python?
Lets not hijack the thread.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...60#post2675860
Old 09-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bromaguire
First off I didn't come into this thread saying my python could out perform any other boat. I only said, "I just bought a 24' Python which is the same hull as the pantera and its awesome. Its my first boat its great in rough water and hits 75mph with the 454. Lots of fun so far." Doesn't seem like I am implying my boat is better or worse than any other boats, just that I like mine and I am happy with it. Honestly you can come at me saying I put down your almighty pantera but I only defened myself when another member decided they felt it neccessary to point out that my boat is as good as a pantera.

I don't think a pantera would be any better for me either. I am just figuring out boating and clearly don't have the experience to notice what I would assume is just a more solid hull that the pantera provides would do for me. I didn't buy my boat for racing so weather or not it was built for that doesn't do anything for me because I won't be racing it.

Since you guys feel that the pantera is such a superior boat capable of things my Python couldn't do would someone educate me and point out a few things I would be able to accomplish in a 24' pantera that I couldn't do with my 24' python?
For your intentions of boating, and what you expect out of it - no difference between the two.

A Pantera has heritage, a pedigree if you will, that comes with it.
It has a History that goes back to Thunderboat row. (That's 188th St. in the late 70's early 80's)
Idle up to the docks with all the big guys in a Gun, or an Apache, or...whatever else is hanging out that day. In a Pantera, you'll get some respect.
Idle up in a Python, just not quite the same.

Not that any of this makes your Python a bad boat by any means
Old 09-05-2008, 06:01 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

In the 24 & 28ft range, the pantera is the classic.
Kinda like the 35 & 38ft cig, and a 41ft apache.

It's the heritage that Pepe and Jo have earned.
Those in the know give respect to the green eyes on the boat.

I like'em old school.
And a 38 Scarab from 1989, just don't pull the clout a 1989 TG will.

and that's my worthless $0.02.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 136 Likes on 61 Posts

welcome to the Pantera forum bromaguire.

I can remember driving up the road from here to the Python factory and wanting one so bad I could taste it. When I was your age I couldn't afford one, so hats off to ya
Congrats.
They do run well and you'll have a blast in it.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Stormrider
In the 24 & 28ft range, the pantera is the classic.
Kinda like the 35 & 38ft cig, and a 41ft apache.

It's the heritage that Pepe and Jo have earned.
Those in the know give respect to the green eyes on the boat.

I like'em old school.
And a 38 Scarab from 1989, just don't pull the clout a 1989 TG will.

and that's my worthless $0.02.
YEP.
Difference between a production built, and a hand built.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I have my eyes open for an older 24, love the look of the lifeline down the bow, something like what "bertgyver" posted. I'm in upstate NY. I have seen a few 24's up here on Lake George and I believe there a 1 or 2 that call this lake home.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DjMikeyC
I have my eyes open for an older 24, love the look of the lifeline down the bow, something like what "bertgyver" posted. I'm in upstate NY. I have seen a few 24's up here on Lake George and I believe there a 1 or 2 that call this lake home.

DjMikeyC, I got a 26 Corsa for sale if your interested. Similar old school look and ride.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a 24'-corsa-024-large-.jpg   Looking for a 24'-corsa-014-large-.jpg   Looking for a 24'-corsa-037-large-.jpg  

Old 09-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DjMikeyC
YEP!
Same reasons I bought mine.
I'm pretty sure mine is one of the 24's that was running around there a few years ago.

Quick Reply: Looking for a 24'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.