Pantera 24 SE Bilge drainage

Notices

Pantera 24 SE Bilge drainage

Old 01-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pantera 24 SE Bilge drainage

My 24 cabin bilge wont drain and Ive lifted the floor (ply in fair nick but a wee bit damp)

Underneath is a glassed in pipe with an opeing for the cabin floor at the rear by the cockpit forward bulkhead.

Ive cleaned out and it goes back to a junction which joins up with the drainage from the cockpit floor. Wont drain back int the engine bay pipe is clear 3 feet from cabin and about 2 foot from engine compartment.

So question is;
Is the pipe continuous to the engine bay?
Is junction below fuel tank a valve system to stop water flowing forward?
Can it be flushed from engine compartment OK?

So far havnt got around to a pressue washer but thats next.

Any help appreciated

ta.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

I would think it runs the full length solid however I would email Jo or Pepe for confirmation ([email protected]), and a recommendation for clearing it out. I would be very surprised to hear there is some type of check valve in there ... all of my boats where I flushed the tube were simple open tubes, some with openings drilled into the sides in each compartment to aid draining.

If it were me I would try a coiled wire drain snake to clear out the full length of the tube, you never know what could have fallen into the tube to clog it up ..... they are less than $20 at the hardware store.

Last edited by mikeb4; 01-06-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:01 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cheers Mike - Pepe has given me the lowdown the system and I will get to it when it warms up.

We have lots of snow around and -8C temps - not like Indy cold where I used to visit for work but for the UK cold enough.