What's the best place to buy a replacement hydraulic trim tab motor?/ >

What's the best place to buy a replacement hydraulic trim tab motor?/

Notices

What's the best place to buy a replacement hydraulic trim tab motor?/

Old 04-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the best place to buy a replacement hydraulic trim tab motor?/

Title says it all. Removed the starboard side today. Was making a funny noise and spewing fluid everywhere. Is there anyone who rebuilds them? Just a thought. Thanks.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Registered

It's a Mercruiser model MEST1088M
Old 04-19-2010, 08:35 AM
Registered

Smile pump

hi chad try these they stock every part you could ever need you probly wont have to buy the whole pump ,the parts book they have sent me is 2 inches thick, iam hopeing i wont need it too often,(SIERRA)phone 217 324 9461.....or technical support 217 324 9428 .a fim called key parts sent me my book when i orderd oil and filters last week i have the same set up as you have but 2001 locking for some good second hand E top headers for my twin 496 ho pantera put a thread out yesterday but it has been moved to the other sit ???good luck its worth geting book as they do a break down of parts for the pumps regards paul from england
Old 04-19-2010, 09:00 AM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Viperchad
It's a Mercruiser model MEST1088M
I have had good luck on low hour or new pumps on ebay for great prices. Make sure the seller has good rep!
Old 04-19-2010, 09:46 PM
Registered

Well figured out part of the problem tonight. Seems the pump is fine...bench tested and works great. Must have had some air in the line combined with a leak either in one of the hoses, or one of the 90 elbow fittings. Trying to get some new fittings but don't think that will be an easy job
Old 04-20-2010, 09:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Viperchad
Well figured out part of the problem tonight. Seems the pump is fine...bench tested and works great. Must have had some air in the line combined with a leak either in one of the hoses, or one of the 90 elbow fittings. Trying to get some new fittings but don't think that will be an easy job
Pull the resevoir off and check the screens on the bottom of the pickup tubes. Over time the oil can get "sludgy" and clog the pickups which results in air getting in and it makes a horrific sound.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:24 PM
Registered

Did it. Actually found the pump is fine. The problem was air and water in system. Problem solved. Now I still have the leak to contend with...have a bad elbow on line into pump and another bad elbow on the back from trim tab to stern. Sending off to Pepe tomorrow. Hoping to have back so I can launch her next weekend. Wish I had a local place to buy fittings.