Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Finally Splashed the Pantera >

Finally Splashed the Pantera

Notices

Finally Splashed the Pantera

Old 05-12-2002, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went down to the marina to walk the dog today, I see they have pier 1 back in place and 2 is moved over to 3. Didn't see the dredge anywhere

I did notice a nice purple covered Pantera in the parking lot though. I took the name and number off the cover, that thing is sweet Griff, I am going to call them monday and see what they charge for it.

I think I am in need of one. 2 people had put their boats in and Larry from L&N dock was puttin in an econo lift while I was there, but the entrance to the river is blocked by the dredge pipe.

<Sigh>
Old 05-13-2002, 12:07 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,993 Likes on 995 Posts

I really like the cover also. There is also a matching cockpit cover. Actually, I just put the full cover back on Monday. I had the cockpit cover on and with all the chit from the trees, I now have half a dozen leaf stains to buff out on the deck.
I've been checking www.bellevue.net for updates on the dredging. Sounds like they're making good progress and hopefully will be ready to open this weekend. I think it only took 2 days to dredge pier 1 and another day to put it back in place. So if all goes well, they should open by Friday. Now if this freakin weather would cooperate, we'll be good to go.
Old 05-13-2002, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile You guys sure have a difficult time boating in Omaha!!

All we have to do is watch out for the
Manatees on the St Johns River and
sea turtles on the ICW intracoastal
waterway. Good luck to ya!

Is that the Missouri R?
Old 05-13-2002, 07:44 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Default Re: You guys sure have a difficult time boating in Omaha!!

Originally posted by dangerkitty2
All we have to do is watch out for the
Manatees on the St Johns River and
sea turtles on the ICW intracoastal
waterway. Good luck to ya!

Is that the Missouri R?
Yep, thats the one. Don't kid your self DK, we've got the environmentalists here too. They're trying to change flow amounts that would virtually eliminate summer boating. Their goal is to promote the growth of 1 species of fish and 1 species of bird. The only thing is, they don't even know if it will work
Old 05-14-2002, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Sounds like Global warming!!

Everyone has a strong opion about it!

No one knows if it's good or bad!

And no one knows if it even exists!
Old 05-15-2002, 08:39 PM
Registered

Marina open by sometime Friday 17 May!

Geeze they should have dragged the bottom before they started. That page is the most entertaining thing I have read in a while. I don't suppose there will be a mad rush over the weekend to get some boats in the water do you??

I may not get to splash the beak before LOTO. Oh well, Griff you'll tow me to shore if it breaks wont you??

***** Caution Rant Aleart*****

Nice article in the paper today about Big Mac and the fact that it will be close to it's lowest point in history in the fall. Read an article a few weeks ago where some f'in state moron said "oh we have had droughts before and we always got through them" dip chit must not have looked at pictures of the 30's. Lake will be down one third from it's legal limit which it was at in 1999 ( which was lowered from it's actual capacity because the dam, damn near got washed out almost 30 years ago to the day by 70 MPH winds blowing strait down it's 22 miles and washing water right over the top. I lived in North Platte and we were getting ready to relocate fast!) well that means it should be drained in 8 more years by that guys logic. Yet they have run record amounts of water down the platte over the last 3 winters for NO F"IN REASON. I know I hunted every weekend and had to move our blind 2 years ago because the water was so deep we couldn't get to it.

Man this pisses me off. Sometimes I want to shake those people and say what world do you live in exactly? Do you really think lowering the river level will save the sturgeon. Well let's cut the flow a 3rd and then see how the fish does when Omaha dumps a few million gallons of untreated waste into the river as it is known to do. Plus there was an article 2 or 3 years back that the G&P indicates the fish is breading anyway. I think a fish that is supposed to have survived since the dinosaurs walked the earth can handle the river chanel.

Sorry for the tyrade.

****Rant off**********

Last edited by Von Bongo; 05-15-2002 at 08:59 PM.
Old 05-17-2002, 02:45 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Marina dredging is FINALLY complete!!!!!!!!!!! Von, get that Fountain down there for a Spring shakedown before LOTO. The marina will be open to all slip owners on Friday am.

I probably won't even put the Pantera in, except for a few hours on Sunday, so I can check a trailer hub that was getting hot.
Old 05-20-2002, 12:36 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Might have to go back to the Baja owners forum for a while. Just trashed the uppers in the Pantera's drive.
What crappy timing. Leaving for LOTO on Friday.
Old 05-20-2002, 09:38 AM
Registered

OH man that totally sucks!!!! Any chance it will be fixed in time? What happened?
Old 05-20-2002, 10:16 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

What happened?????? Who knows, 20 seconds at WOT and it was trashed. Never even made it the bridge.
Don't know if it'll be fixed in time or not. Might pull the drive off the Baja and put it on the Pantera for trip down.

Quick Reply: Finally Splashed the Pantera

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.