Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Pantera Owners Rally >

Pantera Owners Rally

Notices

Pantera Owners Rally

Old 01-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 113 Likes on 83 Posts

As far as temp, in the past we always went the 2nd or 3rd week in June and was always upper 80's to low 90's with what seemed to us like alot of humidity. If you move you sweat but it was great for swimming which is what we did all day. I dont think we ever saw it glass smooth other than in the early morning, there was always some chop. The breeze always kicks up in the afternoon it seemed.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man i sure wish we could make it. On call for work that weekend and had to many bank breaking incidents with the beast last year, to swing the amount of money it would take to get down there. If you do this again next year we will be there. Had to rebuild motor and put new drive on boat this past season.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 139 Likes on 61 Posts

WOW....I would love to go to this rally. Reading all the posts gets me jacked up......I am waiting on a hatch and still need my drive. Maybe it will work out yet but some things need to shake out for me.

Last edited by tomcei; 01-12-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

OKKK! There's alot of people talking about not being able to make it due to their boats not being finished . My Pantera is in pieces rite now , the motor is on the stand , tranny on the floor , and I'm gonna fill the hatches , vents , hardware and still have to build an engine hatch w scoop . I'll have mine done but for those of you that can't get yours done in time ..Give me your address and tell be what size you need !
Attached Images  
Old 01-13-2011, 05:47 AM
Registered

Well with Gary D, who I boat with locally and Green Eyes who I boat with in Lake George,contacted me and has a conflict...these two Pantera Owners are out for this Event.

I have heard from others also and the logistics of traveling so far this Summer is the most consistent issue folks have.

That coupled with the necessary time associated with the Travel, essentially 2 days down and 2 days back..plus the Event ... its basically a week!

This may become a better Event for the Southern contingent of owners...and those of us that might be able to make it from farther away will be the exceptions.

Fact is on the East Coast and MidAtlantic area... several boats are less than a half days drive to the Bay or Atlantic.... if we ever did an Event that was more centrally located, they had expressed more of a chance of attending.So it is what it is... as the Winter thaws in a few months, and as the Wallets get thinner after the many repairs and rebuilds, that some of us have already endured last year or are in the midst of now, we will have to see what comes for this Event.

In the end its all good, perhaps we can do a few Events scattered in different segments of the Country?This would allow a broader more practical participation from Owners who would like to get together and it would offer the economies of a comparably local Event.

Also by having a few Regional Events, it would give others the chance to schedule a tour to a new area of the Country to explore, which with enough advance notice on dates...would make it kinda cool ... perhaps consider doing a Summer Event in the MidAtlantic or Carolinas - Outer Banks or where ever...and a Winter Event down in Florida?

With Fuel, Time and the many unforseen issues that plague the Sport of Offshore Boating... who can deny the realities of limited travel time or time off, as well as the money and equipt. involved traveling to an Event.

I know on a local level I have good friends that won't participate in Poker Runs, because they really don't see the logic or value in paying to run in the waters that they boat in regularly? Which to be honest is a valid point, many Events benefit charities and that helps to bolster participation on occassion even from skeptics.

Sometimes boaters team up and share the costs, and ride on one boat as a Family Team, or Team of Friends, it cuts costs and is still alot of fun.

So in the end...we'll have to see what folks will actually show.

All of this being said...I think it really highlights the success and consistent participation of existing Poker Runs and Rallies.

Not trying to compare this casual gathering to the well established Events...but I think that for those of us the regularly participate in Events such as:

Rock The Bay, Jammin on the James, LOTO, or several of the Donzi Rallies which I have been to year after year...it really makes you respect those Events.

Just remember that most of these took years to develop...and alot of talented people working tireless hours to make each Event a success.

Just putting some thoughts out there...not trying to put a damper on this Event... just conveying some of the sentiments that others had expressed to me privately.

Danny

Last edited by Dr. Dan; 01-13-2011 at 08:21 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Okay...we can do LOTO in 2011.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:11 AM
Registered

I've been watching this thread and honestly the best route would be to tie it in with an event with a bigger draw - miami show, LOTO shootout, offshore race, poker run, etc.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
I've been watching this thread and honestly the best route would be to tie it in with an event with a bigger draw - miami show, LOTO shootout, offshore race, poker run, etc.
I agree...at least until the masses of Panteras can assemble and come to some sort of agreement on dates and all.... its just alot to coordinate.

Logistics and Travel are already done for the "Established Events" heck Smith Mountain Lake looks like a great early Season Run in a really great area...central location and its a charity based Event.

Perhaps if you had a half dozen Panteras show up at some of these Events... it would bleed off into its own deal downstream.

Lets not forget the original intention was to offer a "Pantera Owners Rally" and as such would ideally be near the Factory...and we could have Pepe' and Jo and whoever give us some stage presence through out the Weekend.

It's like herding Cats.... kinda alot of work...and shooting in 24 different directions?

Danny Boy
Old 01-13-2011, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
Agreed,

We have 2 races in June in Miami(SBI and OPA), I will be at both events with my boat, hope to see some of you there. To be honest with you all, I understand the travel thing, Destin is almost to far for me on my budget
Old 01-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Registered

Good point and I think OPA's Sunny Isle race should overlap with the Bimini run. Heard that was an event not to miss! I will be down either way, may or may bring the boat. Could be a good time to have a Pantera meet and greet or fun run for those of you that bring a boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.