Pantera Owners Rally >

Pantera Owners Rally

Notices

Pantera Owners Rally

Old 01-15-2011, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Dan
So maybe as the "Owners Rally" sorts itself out... perhaps in the mean time. what might be kinda interesting is if we all post what Events we are all planning to attend this coming year?

Then it would easy to see who all would be gathering where?
And whether its in Florida.... Michigan or the MidAtlantic or NorthEast. It might serve as a exercise to help Pantera Owners get together on their own local Turf?

Just a thought... I know I am strongly consideirng attending some of the following Events this year, can't do them all but its a list to choose from, and choice is good in my book:

Awakening of the Horses - May 20th (Donzi Event)
Smith Mountain Lake - May 20th
Spring DustOff- Lake George NY - June 17th (Donzi Event)
Jamming On the James - July 9th
Lake Winni Poker Run - July 29th (Donzi Event)
Powerboatting For a Cure - July 29th
Thunder In The City Poker Run - Chesapeake City July 29th
Emerald Coast Poker Run - Destin, Fla August 12th
Fall Family Picnic - Lake George NY - Sept 9th (Donzi Event)

Plus whatever local runs come up... here is a concept, in Mid August there is the Emerald Coast Poker Run...which is one of the Nations Best Events...and its all in the area we were discussing earlier.

Why not just attend that as a strong Pantera contingent and enjoy the Event that is already organized, professionally and all thought out and it benefits the local community down there?
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/p...okerrun-9.html
Looks like there is a typical fee for entry for a First Class Event... but you get what you pay for when it comes to a well organized Run?

Just some more thoughts to give you all some ideas? It really doesn't have to be any more complicated than a group of us all showing up.

Hell I know in doing the Rock the Bay Run up here on the Chesapeake Bay, its one of the areas largest attended Events, they must get 12 Outerlimits, and 15 Sunsations, and 12 Donzis... I could go on and on... who would complain if a group of the same manf. show's up and participates in the Event.

I think its a No Brainer for anyone in Florida... there are so many really great and well organized Events down there, and around the country.

The Emerald Coast Run and the group that run it do a terrific job.

Like anything you gotta pay to play...but I can tell you outside of a few random low key runs that just seem to come together, you are pretty much gauranteed a great time when its put together by experienced people. They got the kinks worked out, they know the logistics, they understand lodging and food and drinks and entertainment, as well above all making it a Safe Event?

Nothing puts the skids on a Run quicker than an accident or a fatality. Thankfully they are the exceptions - rather than the rule. Powerboaters or Performance Boaters get a bad wrap for what we drive...but the fact is, most of us are pretty good operators and run a tight rig and crew at the Events. Of course we all know of exceptions...but most of us would not think twice about towing another or helping with Tools or Parts if we have to get someone back in the game or safely back to the ramp or Harbor.

Just Saying - the Year is new... don't throw in the towel already?

A late Summer run in August might work better for Angel anyway and this was his idea?

Link for FPC-Emerald Coast Run
http://www.floridapowerboatclub.com/..._Run_2010.html

Always Be Selling
Danny
Nice, thanks Danny
Old 01-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 113 Likes on 83 Posts

How about Lake Cumberland Poker Run?
Old 01-17-2011, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess we will leave this for "when it happens, it'll happen". Unfortunately too many variables...economy,schedules,distance..etc. let's try like Dr. Dan said and see if we can at least make it happen within the context of a larger event. Let's revisit this in 60 days. My .02 cents.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JAIME
Alright, DESERT STORM 2011 April 27-30 see all the heavy hardware from all around the country. Biggest event anyware in the west, alot of hotels still available. Im making my reservations tomorrow, who's planning on being there? JAime
Are you bringing the boat?
Are you gonna have an open seat, and a sofa in the hotel I can crash on?
Old 01-18-2011, 08:42 AM
Back out of the Game!
Gold Member

There is a fun run and old school offshore reunion that takes place in Detroit mid-June ..... neat event.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...union-iii.html
Old 01-18-2011, 09:23 AM
Registered

Alright, DESERT STORM 2011 April 27-30 see all the heavy hardware from all around the country. Biggest event anyware in the west, alot of hotels still available. Im making my reservations tomorrow, who's planning on being there? JAime
Hey Jamie,
The wife and i went out for desert storm last year. It was a blast. Alot of amazing hardware. We wanted to go back out agian this year but don't have the doe to do it. Will be back next year. Have you been before? If not try to get a room at the heat hotel. It's right at the base of the london bridge. And a great party spot. Also with in walking distance to some good eateries. Hit me up if you want some more info, if you havent already been.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:24 PM
Registered

I ended up getting reservations at Island Inn but its not to late to make changes. I seen Heat on the puter, they still had rooms and I probably should have called . Do they have trailer parking there, where did you leave your boat at night? I never been to Desert Storm but have been to Havi a few times just to party and usually stumble on to peoples boats for rides. I said it before your boat is BAD AZZ, one of my favorites and wish i could have bought it. If you plan on comming out next year that will be the perfect time to have our Pantera gathering west. I bet we can get a few Panteras from out east to D.S. TTim and Dude should have there boats ready by then.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Registered

Bouy boats full, doesn't take much with only 3 small seats. Hell, I need to make sure I still fit, might need to diet or sign up at a gym or something. No chance of having your boat ready? JAime
Old 01-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Registered

I ended up getting reservations at Island Inn but its not to late to make changes. I seen Heat on the puter, they still had rooms and I probably should have called . Do they have trailer parking there, where did you leave your boat at night? I never been to Desert Storm but have been to Havi a few times just to party and usually stumble on to peoples boats for rides. I said it before your boat is BAD AZZ, one of my favorites and wish i could have bought it. If you plan on comming out next year that will be the perfect time to have our Pantera gathering west. I bet we can get a few Panteras from out east to D.S. TTim and Dude should have there boats ready by then.
Yes they do have room for trailers. There is a lot behind the hotel. We didnt bring the boat out last year, we rented one so we could be out in the water and watch the festivities. We are going to try and bring it out next year. Didnt want to bring it out the first time. If you bring your boat you are aloud to dock you boat out front of the hotel but only for that weekend. Shoot me your email address and i will send you some picsw of the hotel and the boats parked out front. Some of the locals told us we were staying at the best hotel for the event. So i will stay there every time we go.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:03 AM
Registered

Does anyone have any interest in a Pantera get together on the Chesapeake or surrounding areas? I know this topic has been discussed in the past and considering how many Pantera are in the Mid Atlantic and North East, Maybe it would be fun to try it....thoughts??

Jake1250

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.