Pantera Owners Rally

Notices

Pantera Owners Rally

Old 01-07-2011, 03:53 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Mike,

I know Angel has been very busy lately, if we want to do this, we may need to help him out. I'll give him a call this weekend, and see whats up.

Rick
Ok kool..... What time of the yr do you guys like / what works out for most of y'all? To get an idea and once Rick talks to Angels I can figure out places. Maybe from biscayne bay to the keys and spend the weekend over there ? Memorial day weekend ?

Last edited by SkaterMike82; 01-07-2011 at 04:08 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by no limits
Yeh...how's ol' Angel doin? I hope his boat is going good. I know how work can take over, what a drag! It would be nice to get a Pantera thing going. I had some bad luck w/mine...transom rot. Started cutting tonight. Mine will be ready do or die! Let's make it happen! Would love to make it to S. Fla. Do my best!
Angel is doing fine, I stopped by to see his boat just before christmas, his engine is complete, and the boat looks good, just gotta get the time to put it all together. I know all about the transom deal, did mine last year
Old 01-07-2011, 07:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Premier Perf
Ok kool..... What time of the yr do you guys like / what works out for most of y'all? To get an idea and once Rick talks to Angels I can figure out places. Maybe from biscayne bay to the keys and spend the weekend over there ? Memorial day weekend ?
Mike,

that is the one section of south Fl I havent boated yet, been everywhere from Palm beach to Key west, and most of the West coast between Marco, and tampa, but somehow have never run that section between Elliot, and Key largo, so that works for me. There is a Donzi rally that runs that section after the Miami Boat show, but that may be kinda soon to get everyone together. My suggestion would be mid to late summer when the seas are fairly calm, and we get out of the rainy season, between Memorial day, and fourth of July is a risk for a washout.

Rick
Old 01-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Registered

Calm ???? Who wants calm water ? Biscayne bay barely gets choppy, choppiest it would get would be 3-5 and in my 27 yrs I've only seen it once. I think it would be better to do it more towards central to north fl so that more people participate. But than again I know that Angel wanted to do the first one here.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Premier Perf
Calm ???? Who wants calm water ? Biscayne bay barely gets choppy, choppiest it would get would be 3-5 and in my 27 yrs I've only seen it once. I think it would be better to do it more towards central to north fl so that more people participate. But than again I know that Angel wanted to do the first one here.
When I say calm, I dont mean glass, but 3-5 might keep some on the trailer, I personally prefer 2-3 myself. I dont mind rain either, but lightning or HEAVY rain puts me on the trailer, ask Frank about that day in the bay with the needles pounding us in the face as we went for Grove Harbour with myself, Angel, Frank, and Ray. Central to North FL is a possibility, but I am not familiar with the area, other than the lakes and rivers, and they are calm enough for a flatsboat. I agree that Miami will be an extra haul for the northeners coming down, but what better place to start this thing off than a run thru the bay down to the keys, say Islamorada?? I am sure other than the extra travel, anyone attending would love to make that run also. Doesnt matter to me, I am up for anywhere in FL, The gulf is pretty nice too It is an easy run From Sanibel to this place also, about 30 miles each way with a sandbar to hang out at after lunch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcJn92joEsM

http://www.cabbagekey.com/home/
Old 01-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gulf in Florida around the panhandle (Panama City Beach,For Walton Beach) might be a good middle of the road place.
Still in Florida but 8-10 hours closer for the northern folks.
From trying to arrange car meets before I can say its really hard to please everyone.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
Gulf in Florida around the panhandle (Panama City Beach,For Walton Beach) might be a good middle of the road place.
Still in Florida but 8-10 hours closer for the northern folks.
From trying to arrange car meets before I can say its really hard to please everyone.
Fort Walton/Destin would be great! I'll be there for a week starting July 10.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Registered

I'm game for destin (if school allowds) I LOVE destin. Beautiful water, crowd, night life, sand bar, powerboaters and gorgeous women. It's the only place I would move to in fl besides keys. It's the keys for NW Fl
Old 01-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by no limits
Fort Walton/Destin would be great!
You guys are taking all of my excuses away. If it's in Destin, there is no way we won't be there.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by duunoit
You guys are taking all of my excuses away. If it's in Destin, there is no way we won't be there.

Jeez, whats that like a 3 hour ride for ya?? I am OK with Destin also

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.