Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
dragging it home! >

dragging it home!

Notices

dragging it home!

Old 08-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

im seeing right around 70. thinking about ditching the holley 850 and going to a dominator over the winter. seems to fall off a little bit on top. i wanna play with the drive spacer and see what happens if i go from a 3in to a 2in spacer. might be a little tough to get on plane but im thinking i will gain a few mph. not super concerned about trying to go faster right now just wanna enjoy the boat for the rest of th summer knock on wood problem free. i will keep ya posted with updates
Old 08-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well?????????

Hey seems you are very buisy with your new boat or secretly build a bigger motor. Well just enjoyed your thread and was curious if all is still good with your new boat?
Old 08-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Registered

hey guys thanks for the interest. work has been hell on earth for me the past 2 weeks. quick update... had to replaced the shifter cable. lost forward and had to get it back to the dock in reverse. no biggie tho. replaced my external steering hoses last night. tomorrow is the buffalo poker run so wish me luck on my first poker run with the pantera. there is a older 24 pantera with a 250 outboard. all white with pantera on the side rear and a holy sh%t handle n front of the windshield running tomorrow too. i hope to have some pics to post from the weekend. love the boat so far and the new heads make a ton more power. im trying to figure out if there are any more pantera boats in the buffalo area?? my buddies 02 28... a older black 24 in wilson ny and my 28 so far. im not sure who has the all white one at the poker run in buffalo for tomorrow... any ideas?
Old 08-13-2011, 12:07 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,932 Likes on 971 Posts

Originally Posted by 88bullet
im seeing right around 70. thinking about ditching the holley 850 and going to a dominator over the winter. seems to fall off a little bit on top. i wanna play with the drive spacer and see what happens if i go from a 3in to a 2in spacer. might be a little tough to get on plane but im thinking i will gain a few mph. not super concerned about trying to go faster right now just wanna enjoy the boat for the rest of th summer knock on wood problem free. i will keep ya posted with updates
I changed it from the factory 2" to the 3" spacer after a few conversations with Jo at Pantera. It would get on plane fine, but just did not carry the bow enough and did not respond well to trim. I gained 3-5mph at cruise speeds and 1-2mph on the top end when I changed from the 2" to the 3". That was with the 525SC. Since you have about 100 hp more, it might be able carry the bow better with a 2" now.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Registered

Still got the 2 inch spacer? A friend of mine has has a 1 1/2 spacer I can try think that will work? ran the buffalo poker run today. between 110-120 miles. boat went like a scalded dog. loves the big water in lake erie!!!!. loves it fuel too!!!

Last edited by 88bullet; 08-13-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,932 Likes on 971 Posts

I sold the 2" spacer a long time ago. They pop up for sale in the swap shop quite often though.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 88bullet
hey guys thanks for the interest. work has been hell on earth for me the past 2 weeks. quick update... had to replaced the shifter cable. lost forward and had to get it back to the dock in reverse. no biggie tho. replaced my external steering hoses last night. tomorrow is the buffalo poker run so wish me luck on my first poker run with the pantera. there is a older 24 pantera with a 250 outboard. all white with pantera on the side rear and a holy sh%t handle n front of the windshield running tomorrow too. i hope to have some pics to post from the weekend. love the boat so far and the new heads make a ton more power. im trying to figure out if there are any more pantera boats in the buffalo area?? my buddies 02 28... a older black 24 in wilson ny and my 28 so far. im not sure who has the all white one at the poker run in buffalo for tomorrow... any ideas?
I believe its the Weirs, they run around crystal beach all the time!
Old 08-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

zing
Attached Thumbnails dragging it home!-img_2105.jpg  
Old 08-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Registered

thats the one. i ran by him a few times yesterday. little boat runs good!!! didnt get a chance to talk to him but i got the thumbs up as i passed. it was nice to see a fellow pantera owner in the run.. it was just the 2 of us.. lot of fountains and baja's couple cigs a 41 apache, 4or5 sonics and a handful of checkmates.. it was cool showing up with a boat thats new to the area.. stirrs up the gossip lol. rocheter poker run in 2 weeks!! any pantera's in central ny area?
Old 08-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeb4
Funny picture .... this was Dude Sweet's boat, there is an awesome picture he had from a helicopter with the boat air'd out nicely. I think it was at a poker run event.

You should get a high resolution copy of the pic .... it was awesome. The single 28 Pantera is a great boat, glad you like it.
http://panteraboats.com/ownersgaller...atID=15&page=7

I can't post pics here anymore...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.