combat zone 24 restoration >

combat zone 24 restoration

Notices

combat zone 24 restoration

Old 05-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jk.
No we're doing ok. We've def fallen off our original pace. Mostly due to waiting for vital pieces from suppliers or things that need mods.

Interior is done. Gauges & some wiring done.
Xr is @ drive shop for fresh upper & lower.

We unfortunately wont be making o.c. Race.

Our intent is to take the extra month to get the boat dialed.

We plan to race the remainder of the opa tour with the exception of port huron on aug 11 / 12
We'll also be racing around l.i. Sept 22

Pix soon.
Thx for interest

MD
Old 05-08-2012, 11:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Extra time ! What the He[L is that ?
And Mike I just wanted to say thanks for sharping my fiberglass skills with this other boat you dropped off here ..... I had all kinds of spare time on my hands and I was wondering what I could fill it with ! LOL !
Old 05-09-2012, 06:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by OCCJoe
Extra time ! What the He[L is that ?
And Mike I just wanted to say thanks for sharping my fiberglass skills with this other boat you dropped off here ..... I had all kinds of spare time on my hands and I was wondering what I could fill it with ! LOL !
Hmmmmmm.
Call u later

MD
Old 07-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Registered

Project is done ...... For now !!!

Pix up by wknd.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scarab63
Project is done ...... For now !!!

Pix up by wknd.
Tease
Old 07-26-2012, 11:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Here you go !
Attached Thumbnails combat zone 24 restoration-imag0306.jpeg   combat zone 24 restoration-imag0307.jpeg   combat zone 24 restoration-imag0309.jpeg  

combat zone 24 restoration-imag0310.jpeg   combat zone 24 restoration-imag0311.jpeg   combat zone 24 restoration-imag0312.jpeg  

combat zone 24 restoration-imagejpeg_0.jpg  
Old 07-26-2012, 11:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Here you go !!!!!
Attached Thumbnails combat zone 24 restoration-imag0314.jpeg   combat zone 24 restoration-imag0315.jpeg   combat zone 24 restoration-imag0316.jpeg  

combat zone 24 restoration-imag0317.jpeg   combat zone 24 restoration-imag0318.jpeg   combat zone 24 restoration-imag0320.jpeg  

Old 07-27-2012, 06:25 AM
Registered

So when is the first race?
Old 07-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Registered

Thanks for posting joe.
Transom pix
Got new imco ” space saver” steering to solve the narrow beam issue. Fully rebuilt xr drive.
Notice the fittings on the tail pipes...these are gil drys but for a trs application. I cut them down but opted to leave the water dumps outside on the pipes for now. Original idea was to aim them at drive for a shower, but kinda pointless seeing the temps coming out of the exh prob wouldn't help cool the drive too much.

Interior pix

Was going to do drop out bolsters in this boat, but the cockpit is too small. When we mocked them up my knees were hitting the wheel sitting & def wouldn't work.
decided to use some of the existing old interior ( side arm rests ) and build a new bench seat.
I thought it would look cool to do speedster style backrest on each side and the middle is easily removable. I plan to build a cascading middle console so I can swap them back & forth as needed.
The headrest backs also give me a little dry storage. The seat itself is 11” of memory foam medium density, so theres plenty of padding.

Dash pix

The dash is cut for two helms. For now ill swap em as needed. Next yr ill have two mounted with control valves under the dash to change flow to which one works.
Livorsi monster gauges in silver carbon look cool. Wish I took a pic of wiring under the dash....its spotless.

Bilge pix

Motor is a higher comp version of a merc 525sc.
Think I need more fuel delivery though. I leaned it out and pushed the head gaskets.
Dont expect to see it in the bilge next season. There will be some big pig in its place. At least 750hp

B.S.

Having issues with set up. Boat has major porous mid range, and is blowing out a bravo 26 easily.
Lots of tab drag to correct it so far.
Occ joe seems to believe the bottom may have been blueprinted at some point, so now ive got that in my mind also.....
only got her up to 67 so far which is disappointing, but the head gaskets let lose.

She got a wash & quickie wax and is now chilling in the garage.
This boat $.05 & $.10 me to death so I need to just take a bit of a breather.......

Wont be racing opa until spring 2013. Rolled my dues towards next season.
The boat will be 100% by then.

MD

Edit......thanks jamie & mike on the build. Joe for general info. Nunez family for tech support. Morgan for not kicking my asz for being gone every other night until 3 am.........sponsors. Adpro, tipsy, hylan, tj frye

Also since most guys on here are east coasters I started this project ordering all my stuff from KE. but I was not happy with their service at all !!!
Started using teauge, prices were actually better, bigger selection, cool guys to talk to, very patient. & orders show up on time !!!! Them being west coast actually helps too. The time difference gives me some time to place the orders after work.
Just .02 for somebody doing a future build. Waiting for parts kills progress fast.

Last edited by scarab63; 07-27-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:06 PM
Registered

Thanks for the update..............

67, ya gotta do better than that, you dont wanna get beat by a purple 24 with an outboard do ya

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.