1979 Pantera 24 Restoration >

1979 Pantera 24 Restoration

Notices

1979 Pantera 24 Restoration

Old 01-26-2013, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scarab63
Like the windscreen. I'm not a big fan of glass on fast boats either! Good call.
Id consider wiring a stereo in the cabin with at least a speaker, you'll enjoy the boat more. $.02
What color are ya thinkin'?
Smart phone and 1 of those Bose box's make Surprisingly Good sound! Small, Mobile Very Nice Build!

Last edited by golfmaxgolf; 01-26-2013 at 07:03 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:09 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by golfmaxgolf
Smart phone and 1 of those Bose box's make Surprisingly Good sound! Small, Mobile Very Nice Build!
Agreed, and the speakers won't be at your knees.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Great looking project! Did you have to replace the fuel tank? Mine was just about to rot through when I pulled it.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:24 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Who are you using for upholstery?
Old 01-27-2013, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by golfmaxgolf
Originally Posted by Stormrider
Agreed, and the speakers won't be at your knees.
That sounds like a good solution.

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly
Great looking project! Did you have to replace the fuel tank? Mine was just about to rot through when I pulled it.
Originally Posted by vintage chromoly
Who are you using for upholstery?
Thanks. I have been following your project with great interest. Great boat you have. I can't wait to see it complete.

I didn't have to replace the gas tank. It was solid and looked like new inside. This is rumored to have been a fresh water boat all its life. Maybe that helped.

I'm not sure yet who I'm going to use for the interior. I still need to find a pair of old style drop down bolsters.

If anyone has a pair, please drop me a line.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:35 PM
Registered

Taking out the dash and straightening out the wiring. Going to fill the hour meter and depth finder holes. Also thinking about a nicer switch panel.

Trying out the new gauges (tach) in the old bezel. I think I like it.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:41 PM
Registered

Can someone explain to me the positives and negatives of a solid offshore motor mount?

I got this Mercury part off ebay. It is the only one I have seen that fits between the stringers of this boat. It doesn't have the reinforcements at the bottom like some of the other Mercury mounts.

Is this worth using?

Old 01-28-2013, 08:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

The offshore is 100% for strength and they are very ridged . You will need two aluminum L brackets to mount to the stringers . If you are staying conservative on power maybe 450hp or less you will be fine with stock mercury mounts . The disadvantage of the offshore mount is you feel the vibration of the motor as the rubber merc mount will absorb most of the vibration .. Go with the offshore that way when you add mad power you wont have to worry about upgrading your mounts and drilling another set of holes in those new stringers ...Make sure the bracket clears your oil pan before you finish your engine

Unfortunately the mount you have there wont work with the height of your stringers . I'll post a pic of the style you need but the bolt holes should be down by the bottom and not right under the block mount location

Last edited by OCCJoe; 01-28-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:04 AM
Registered

Thanks Joe. Please do post a photo of the proper offshore mount when you get a chance.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:48 PM
Registered

January 30, 2013 - Windscreen cleaned up. Some more shaping to go. Had to try the new chrome vent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.