Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
X dimension for 24 >

X dimension for 24

Notices

X dimension for 24

Old 04-01-2014, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice bro I'm looking to splash for the first time Thursday .. Hopefully sea tow will not need to be called LMAO.. What's tortuga fest?
Old 04-01-2014, 08:20 PM
Registered

Awesome!!!! Best of luck! What motor do you have?

Today I attempted placing the motor in but at the very end we realized the L brackets I had for my old set up can't work just because they weren't long enough. I guess since I have the different drive and I put a higher x the motor is sitting higher. Hopefully Thursday it'll be all bolted up in my engine compartment!

Thursday should be a good day for both of us!

Tortuga music festival. It's a country concert that they hold in ft lauderdale on the beach. I went last year and then looked out at the water and saw a couple boats anchored up and enjoying the concert as well. Looked like it would be fun to do

Last edited by zavier24; 04-01-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Registered

It's got a small block 350.. With a mild cam and a holly 4 barrel.. Really not looking for speed, just something fun and reliable.. There are tons of parts for these motors and there cheap.. Lol
Old 04-08-2014, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

NewBanana, the boat is looking great!! What are the overall dimensions of your bolsters? They look good in the boat.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 174 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by AnurajShah
NewBanana, the boat is looking great!! What are the overall dimensions of your bolsters? They look good in the boat.
NB........I agree, boat is looking great & love the rear seating!........Concerning the bolster height there's a minimum to what the frame can be if you have drop outs.
Like NB said, to shave off any inches it would have to come from the seat itself.............if you happen to be tall then the combination of a low freeboard results in
bolsters way over the gunwale.
Anu.........I'm having my bolsters made just like yours (no headrest and a low wrap around old skool seat) my magnum 27 sport has the same problem of a low
freeboard, but I lowered the cockpit sole by 4" and also having custom made smaller top end bolsters to make them appear more in the boat then out.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by scippy
NB........I agree, boat is looking great & love the rear seating!........Concerning the bolster height there's a minimum to what the frame can be if you have drop outs.
Like NB said, to shave off any inches it would have to come from the seat itself.............if you happen to be tall then the combination of a low freeboard results in
bolsters way over the gunwale.
Anu.........I'm having my bolsters made just like yours (no headrest and a low wrap around old skool seat) my magnum 27 sport has the same problem of a low
freeboard, but I lowered the cockpit sole by 4" and also having custom made smaller top end bolsters to make them appear more in the boat then out.
Skippy, that sounds great. I can't wait to see your bolsters (can't wait to see mine either!) Your freeboard is even lower than ours. The -4" probably gets us close. I actually don't mind the the bolsters sticking out so far above the freeboard. I think it looks aggressive, and since I am not that tall, I enjoy standing in the Pantera. I went with a 22" base for an overall height of 42". I am just wondering how that compares to NewBanana's, since my boat is still shrinkwrapped for the winter and I can't get measurements.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:18 PM
Registered

AnurajShah ill see if i can get the dimensions of the bolsters this weekend..skippy cant wait to see ur seats when done.. took the boat out this week ran great all day... till i got back to they house...lol and it wouldn't fire.. took it apart today, rotor on the distributor was cracked and spinning.. swapped it and were back in business,,lol, pulled the carb to have it rebuilt while i was there..
Old 04-16-2014, 06:57 PM
Registered

NewBanana, any luck with the bolster dimensions?

Also, did you get any photos of the boat in the water? Would love to see more photos!
Old 04-21-2014, 04:56 PM
Registered

Anura sorry bro completely forgot been hectic at work lately.. i have to work on the boat Saturday, ill get all the dimensions for you.. ya i took a few pics yesterday boat ran great

VIDEO
http://s18.photobucket.com/user/Long...FcWH9.mp4.html

Last edited by NewBanana; 04-21-2014 at 04:59 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:38 PM
Registered

Looks nice bro, congrats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.