Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
24' Pantera on craiglist. Is this a good deal? >

24' Pantera on craiglist. Is this a good deal?

Notices

24' Pantera on craiglist. Is this a good deal?

Old 09-08-2016, 10:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And thanks for the info Clustergear. That explains why the price is so low. I don't think I'm going to jump on this one as I was only really looking to see if it was a steal.

And Ing, thanks for the tip on some good starter boats, I didn't really realize that there was that much of a difference in difficulty between a Baja and a Pantera. I will definitely look at some Bajas.

OccJoe, nice to meet you. And yeah I've heard owning a boat can be expensive, I didn't realize just how expensive until I've been reading more and more about it. I'll probably end up dreaming about it for another 10 years and then buying one when the time is finally right lol. Thanks again!
Old 09-08-2016, 11:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

And for the record that is a steel on that boat even with some damage . In really good condition its 17-20k all day long if it is a 95 but that looks like a TRS poking out the back and the windshield is dated so I think its older
Old 09-09-2016, 06:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by OCCJoe
Well DJ , I have a 24 Pantera as well as a few other boats however it was not the boat I started with . I now wonder how in the world I lived with such a little boat but when I had gotten it it seamed humongous . I wouldn't recommend a 24 Pantera as your first boat . You should start with a 21 or 22 to find your feet and learn the water and other people on the water . Not saying it can't be done but its equivalent to owning a limo as your first car . And the most important thing I can tell you is : Buying a boat will be the cheapest part of your performance boating experience .
Good Luck !
I think DJ s found he's feet ! And there's 24 of them LoL
Old 09-09-2016, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 692 Likes on 276 Posts

Find out what the damage is. if its not majorly damaged, basic fiberglass is paper mache for big people,,,,,
Old 09-09-2016, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by KRAUSMOTORSPORTS
I was wondering when this would surface! I was trying to work a deal on it about 8 years ago. Was in the same shape and spot. Im guessing the photos are from 8 years ago too. Boat was stolen in LA and recovered as you see it. Had a loan on it back then too. Loan was in the guys parents name that lived in CA. Before it was stolen it was listed at a big dealer in LA, i think Pier 57 or something like that. Now it shows in FL. Hum. Might be worth a look but has been apart for man years.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

On on FB powerboat swap for 8K in your neck of the woods.

Old 09-09-2016, 11:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by OCCJoe
And for the record that is a steel on that boat even with some damage . In really good condition its 17-20k all day long if it is a 95 but that looks like a TRS poking out the back and the windshield is dated so I think its older
When the owner sent me the pictures of the 95 Pantera, I saw that it had no drive on boat and had a TRS bell housing so I called him back about year of boat and then he said it was a 91... Which raises another question was Pantera still using a TRS in 1991
Old 09-09-2016, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Not clue if the ad is a scam or what drive it has. But, I can tell you that my 1999 had the exact same windshield/
Old 09-09-2016, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Ing
As the previous owner of a kick ass 24 Pantera, aka a 24/7 boat (24' LOA with a 7' beam) I'd be careful if you are new to the high performance realm. 24/7 Boats are not driver friendly without a lot of wheel time. A 24 Pantera will porpoise and chine walk under certain conditions. Both are perfectly manageable with experience but there are other boats like maybe an older 24 or 25/26 Baja, among others, that are more entry level and operator friendly. Never buy any boat without a sea trial and first hand close examination. Good luck.
Actually 23' 6" LOA. I agree they are a driver's boat. Mine never chine walked but would porpoise in certain conditions. There was a very fine line between running perfect and launching the bow in sloppy water. Nature of the beast with a rocker hull I guess. The K-planes will keep you running flat but it does take some seat time.

It didn't take me long but my previous boat was a Donzi Classic Blackhawk. The Pantera was a piece of cake to drive compared to the Blackhawk!!!
Old 09-09-2016, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 692 Likes on 276 Posts

Don't let people scare you out of a 24/7. Sure it's a drivers boat but with moderate power it's a fun boat to learn on and can be a blast in choppy water at 50 mph while you learn boat control. At that speed you wont be tearing stuff up but you will be having fun.As you gain skill and experience, start doing some upgrades and go a little faster.

What your going to do is develop skills so that in a few year from now when you get a bigger faster boat, you will be able to run it hard while running it safe as opposed to becoming another youtube sensation...

Last edited by phragle; 09-09-2016 at 08:16 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.