Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
24' Pantera on craiglist. Is this a good deal? >

24' Pantera on craiglist. Is this a good deal?

Notices

24' Pantera on craiglist. Is this a good deal?

Old 09-09-2016, 04:12 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

The one on swap shop is a buddy of
Mine.
Also loca to me is an other pantera alpha small block needs a motor. If interested
Old 09-09-2016, 09:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,168 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Don't let people scare you out of a 24/7. Sure it's a drivers boat but with moderate power it's a fun boat to learn on and can be a blast in choppy water at 50 mph while you learn boat control. At that speed you wont be tearing stuff up but you will be having fun.As you gain skill and experience, start doing some upgrades and go a little faster.

What your going to do is develop skills so that in a few year from now when you get a bigger faster boat, you will be able to run it hard while running it safe as opposed to becoming another youtube sensation...
I've been hoping one of our long standing members would post something like this. ^^^^^

All powerboats can be dangerous if operated irresponsibly. Check the boat out closely, get a quote to fix the damage and make a decision from there. If you end up buying it, you know you've got to learn slowly but that boat can take you a very long way in the learning process. Just take it sensibly and listen to your brain when driving, not your mates.

If you buy it, then have second thoughts, you may even be able to sell it off and get yourself in the Guiness book of records for making a profit on a powerboat!

RR
Old 09-10-2016, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live it ct its about a 45min ride I could look at it for you if you want or meet you and go with you
Old 09-11-2016, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks like it sold. I bet you could have picked it up for about $6-7000!
Old 09-11-2016, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 302 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
Looks like it sold. I bet you could have picked it up for about $6-7000!
It sold for 6k to someone in Albany, I tried to get it Friday afternoon, but the seller said he had someone coming the following day, and they showed up and bought it.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 514 Likes on 233 Posts

Wow somebody got a good deal.
Old 09-11-2016, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 113 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by slpcamaross97
I was wondering when this would surface! I was trying to work a deal on it about 8 years ago. Was in the same shape and spot. Im guessing the photos are from 8 years ago too. Boat was stolen in LA and recovered as you see it. Had a loan on it back then too. Loan was in the guys parents name that lived in CA. Before it was stolen it was listed at a big dealer in LA, i think Pier 57 or something like that. Now it shows in FL. Hum. Might be worth a look but has been apart for man years.

Is this really the Tennessee boat?
Old 09-11-2016, 08:35 PM
Ing
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Yup I knew the hull is a 23'6" but for brevity made it the 24. My 24 Pantera, originally TMone's, ran 80mph on GPS. Run a 24 above 70 and it will chine walk especially in flatter conditions. The straight vee with 24 degree deadrise has no pad to settle on and will rock side to side unless you input constant counter steer or some down tab but the tabs will scrub speed. There were some good points made by other posts especially the fact that one bump of trim either way on a 24 Pantera can be the difference between a kick ass wave smasher or an out of control danger. An informed buyer who recognizes the particular traits of a boat and then operates within his/her limitations is a smart boater. I only mentioned Baja just because they are a dime a dozen like Checkmates. Bottom line don't buy a boat with out a sea trial first. My suggestion from the OSO classifieds is this 22 Velocity. http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...at-o64248.html

Last edited by Ing; 09-11-2016 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Pantera 24s have a pad.

Last edited by onesickpantera; 09-12-2016 at 09:25 PM.