Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
24' Pantera on craiglist. Is this a good deal? >

24' Pantera on craiglist. Is this a good deal?

Notices

24' Pantera on craiglist. Is this a good deal?

Old 09-08-2016, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 24' Pantera on craiglist. Is this a good deal?

Hey guys, so I'm fairly new here, but I came across this boat on Craigslist while I was browsing and it seems like a pretty good deal, perhaps too good. I'm very new to boats and although I've done a good amount of reading on the subject I know I still have so much more to learn. Would anyone be able to give their opinion on this boat? Thanks!

http://nh.craigslist.org/boa/5746806275.html
Old 09-08-2016, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If it's all there and starts with a trailer. Grab it. i wouldn't even care if it has some rot.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:25 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks like it's worth a trip to see, for sure!
Old 09-08-2016, 11:29 AM
Registered

Default Pantera

I've spoken to the owner, if I remember the boat located in CT. Contact him and he will send you pictures. There is some damage on the right rear.. He told me it was done in the driveway while backing up trailer the starboard trim tab hit the wall. It broke off and caused some damage to transom and side corner. The pictures he has show all the damage. Other than that boat looks good
Old 09-08-2016, 11:41 AM
Ing
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

As the previous owner of a kick ass 24 Pantera, aka a 24/7 boat (24' LOA with a 7' beam) I'd be careful if you are new to the high performance realm. 24/7 Boats are not driver friendly without a lot of wheel time. A 24 Pantera will porpoise and chine walk under certain conditions. Both are perfectly manageable with experience but there are other boats like maybe an older 24 or 25/26 Baja, among others, that are more entry level and operator friendly. Never buy any boat without a sea trial and first hand close examination. Good luck.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

dj711 join date today , no location listed , no boat listed ! I'm betting your location should probably read New Hampshire and My boats should say 24 Pantera . Your post reads like a cleaver scammer add . Maybe legit but I myself am gonna have to call BS and say your just trying to market your boat .
Old 09-08-2016, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

Something doesnt make sense... boats listed in NH...phone number comes back to a business in stamford ct... no listing for a pantera in CT....
Old 09-08-2016, 10:32 PM
Registered

Sorry for the lack of an intro. Here's my background, I'm 22, make a good bit of money, saw some speedboats the past couple of weekends, wanted to learn more about them and possibly buy one. Made my profile last night mainly to look at people's profiles and see what kind of boats they had and see their pictures.

Today I was browsing craigslist on my phone at work, and came across this boat. I literally have been looking at boats for maybe 5 days. Now I'm a fast learner but as I'm sure you know, there is a ton to learn and a good deal of it comes only from experience. With a car or a motorcycle, the information is more readily available than it is with a speedboat. I figured I would tap into the knowledge here to see if anyone could give me a reason as to why it was so cheap or if it was a deal I should jump on. Once, I found out that the boat had damage I understood the price of the boat. I meant to respond but work was busy, as was my day when I got home.

I'm not sure how other people market their boats, but I'm a straight shooter and if I were trying to sell a boat I would come out and say it. Not my style to beat around the bush. My name is DJ, I'm new to boats of all kinds, let alone speedboats. Nice to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you and the rest of the forum members better. Sorry for any confusion about my intentions.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

https://panamacity.craigslist.org/boa/5761125942.html

Im really considering this one!
Old 09-08-2016, 10:47 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Well DJ , I have a 24 Pantera as well as a few other boats however it was not the boat I started with . I now wonder how in the world I lived with such a little boat but when I had gotten it it seamed humongous . I wouldn't recommend a 24 Pantera as your first boat . You should start with a 21 or 22 to find your feet and learn the water and other people on the water . Not saying it can't be done but its equivalent to owning a limo as your first car . And the most important thing I can tell you is : Buying a boat will be the cheapest part of your performance boating experience .
Good Luck !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.