Hey Full Throttle 525

Notices

Hey Full Throttle 525

Old 07-19-2004, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hey Full Throttle 525

I should stay out but...

Leave ML alone. He did what he felt he needed to do to get his boat done and I know he put in a lot of effort to that end. Same as I did. For those of you with boats there if you spent $100K for a boat and you think it isn't going the way you want why wouldn't you be in Miami now camped on their step to get it done? Whats $1000 in airfare and hotels compared to the cost of the boat? Or do what I did. I had a surveyor there every 2-3 weeks documenting the boat and the progress. Yes it was slower than I would have liked but it was very well built and in the end I was a happy owner

Ron if your boat is done why are you waiting for Pantera to deliver it? There are dozens of transportation companies get someone to go pick it up and you'd have it in a couple of days. For the $1-$2K it would cost you it would be worth it at this point.

For the rest of you if you have a boat under construction get down there and work it out face to face. Posting stuff isn't going to make it go faster, get your concerns infront of Jo and get a REALISTIC time table for the remaing steps and then make it happen. I think if you read the thread where my boat was built I never had to air any dirty laundry even when we had disagreements I kept those between Jo and I and in the end everyone came out happy.

But what do I know I already sold mine.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

VB

I couldn't have said it better myself although I tried but everyone was too focused on the fact my boat was complete rather than the REAL reason why.

ML
Old 07-21-2004, 05:48 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 874 Likes on 323 Posts

VB...you make some good points, but as evidenced by this thread, FT525 has been to the factory many times to try to work it out with no resolution to his satisfaction.

AE...I'm glad that your business skills have delived a fine product to you before other boats that were started prior to yours. Obviously you don't feel the frustration that the others do as a result, but their feelings are real, so are the expenses incurred as a result.

As far as this thread airing "dirty laundry", it serves a purpose in my mind. I dropped Pantera from consideration as a result of the issues described on this thread. It will also serve a purpose if the next person to order a Pantera from the factory goes in with a contract structured like AE or VB's contracts, those contracts obviously worked well. That type of situation could only be a win-win for the factory and the customer and we can get back to talking about what a fantastic product Pantera is instead of these business issues.

FT525...Although I'm not in the Pantera market anymore, let me know when you get your boat up here, I'd love to see how it handles our challenging Long Island Sound waters. I'm sure the ride will be awesome.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:53 AM
Cig Bullet

What happened w/ your engine did they replace it or what? Something does not sound right mers HP techs would be up there to fix the motor. You just don't through away a new engine unless it is not new? Call Merc and have them stop at the factory and tap into the engines ECU they will tell whats up!

CIG - BULLET

Old 07-21-2004, 04:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wildthing - Very true. I wish I could just sell people on this building process in commercial construction. For example, I just finished an 18 million dollar project this summer for a client here in CT. If I could have gotten all their money up front, then told them I was on a 5 year delay (which I probably could have milked out to 10 years..??), and then blamed them for not watching me closely enough, I would be the most successful businessman alive just with the interest on their money.

Cig Bullet - Excellent point on FT525s engine. If there is still some problem that is holding up delivery, get Mercury involved. They should have no problem diagnosing the problem.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I've learned to NEVER pay completely up front. For some unknown reason, when I have paid up front in good faith, something negative always delay me getting what I purchased. Yet, when I've paid for things on schedule or upon completion, I never seem to have those delays, hmmmmmmmm. What could it be?
Old 07-21-2004, 06:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Who said anything about removeing Rons motor ? Is that the plan?
Old 07-21-2004, 06:12 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I would love to see a call to mercury . Paul Harvy said now you know the rest of the story
Old 07-21-2004, 06:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WildThing
WOW! Your business negotiating skills must be awesome!
Heck I ‘m just a corporate account sales executive so
I’m not up to date on how to get these hot boats built so fast.
This is what I am learning so far.
Apparently you need highly developed HR skills and a keen business mind.
Most people think this is so simple; that you would lay down $100,000.00 dollars
and get a finished product in return is simply unreasonable thinking!
Oh no, it’s much more complicated than that.
From what I gather, one must do the following things to buy a boat.
1. Lay down obscene amounts of money, just to grease the wheels.
2. Make several calls day & night to assure they are doing their jobs.
3. Fly to the builder several times to assure they are doing their jobs.
4. Make structured, financial payments; an ongoing permanent basis works best.
5. Hire outside people to make sure the builder does his job.
6. Spend obsessive amounts of time & money talking to others with the same issues & problems.
7. Take more vacation time and fly to the builder, to make sure he is doing his job.
8. Talk with an attorney as he will help direct you in a business like way.
9. Beg, beg, & beg. This isn’t business like but it does help some.
10. Rehire the same attorney for a divorce as your wife will have your a**
for spending what she unreasonably deems as our money.
Upside: there is no need to hire anyone to make sure the attorney does his job.
Hey, I never said this was the way a builder should be, just what seems to have worked in the past. And I don't care but never beg

Last edited by Von Bongo; 07-21-2004 at 08:28 PM.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:38 PM
Registered

If you're going to contact Mercury Marine go straight to the top!
Mercury Marine, P.O. Box 1939, Fond du Lac, Wis., 54936-1939,
W6250 Pioneer Road, Fond du Lac, Wis., 54936-1939

• Patrick “Pat” C. Mackey, (President Of Mercury Marine)

• Phone: 920-929-5000

• Fax: 920-926-2346 (desk of Steve Fleming)

• e-mail address: [email protected]

Last edited by WildThing; 08-25-2004 at 08:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Hey Full Throttle 525

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.