Hey Full Throttle 525 >

Hey Full Throttle 525

Notices

Hey Full Throttle 525

Old 08-21-2004, 11:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hey Full Throttle 525

Sounds like you could turn a labbed 25 about 5K. I would talk to one of the prop guys here on the board. I think you could easily turn 1 more degree if it was labbed. It is sounding like a 26 might be too much but if you can borrow an unlabbed one and can turn it 4800 or better then I think by labbing it you could get your RPMs back into the 5K range.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:13 AM
Banned
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ron -

I have a labbed 26 Bravo I with insert hub that you are more than welcome to try. Its for my 28 so its not for sale, but I haven't made the engine swap and you are welcome to give it a try.

I also have a stock 28 Bravo I that you can try if you like, but it sounds like the 26 will work for you.

Let me know and I'll get it right out to you.

Glad to hear your running and your wife likes the boat. If you don't post some pictures of you and family/friends in that boat soon, you cannot borrow the prop!!!! Just kidding, but I'm sure many of us would like to see some pictures of you guys enjoying the boat after all of this!!
Old 08-22-2004, 08:19 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 874 Likes on 323 Posts

I'll give you a buzz...that seafood place, SoNo Seafood, is terrible, probably better off docking at the public docks at walking over to Donovan's)
Old 08-22-2004, 04:13 PM
Registered

I don't think you should have to do anything. I cannot believe that you were sold a boat and spent all this time to get it and it is not totally dialed in.

It just really gets to me that these custom boat builders sell you a boat and you have to spend a couple thousand dollars on props etc to get top speed out of it.

Sorry to be negative on your thread, but this is crap. I had to deal with the same thing with my AT.

I am glad you have your boat and really hope you enjoy it.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:03 AM
Registered

Ron, glad to see your finally enjoying your boat..

WOW,, 66 mph w/ a 525 ?? and only spinning a 24 ? I was under the impression from previous posts that this boat should run low to mid 70's ?? hope you get her dialed in.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hey Guys:

Regarding the prop issue..Some of you may not be aware of the fact that I'm a green horn at all this. First, I had all 140 gallons of fuel and three adults..at least 1600 lbs. Second, I'm not sure if I'm trimming the boat properly...tabs are up and trimmed to #4. I torqued the prop to 55lbs. upon installation...Is this normal torque?

The boat really runs fine and the engine is very strong. I'm on the water again and really enjoying it. Just a matter of fine tuning. I'm very, very pleased with the boat's performance and handling.

Ron
Old 08-23-2004, 09:11 AM
Gold Member

Ron try to get a feal for the boat by yourself in all conditions without having to many people on the boat, this works better for you because you can do things that you would not do if you had four people on the boat telling you what to do. Not that this is going on, like you said your are green at this and sometimes having to many people on board can get you a bit nervous. I will be honest with you when I got my race boat last year in May, the first person to go out with me was Jo, I had the wheel and he had the sticks, and yes everytime I go out with Jo I learn something new because he is to me the best handler of our boats by far. However, it is when I was by myself that I was able to relax without the preasure of Jo`s presenes at that time. Now Jo, Pepe or even Reggie Fountain can aboard with me and I have full control of my boat at any condition. Yes its hard because you have to capture what you have left of good weather up north, but atleast keep this in mind, dont worry you will get Full Throttle and speeds when you get a great feal for the boat. Good luck to you Ron, remember that is why we are here to help you get a better feal for your boat by asking us the trim etc. and etc.

ALBERT

Last edited by MIAMIBOYZ; 08-23-2004 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

H20 Warrior,

Every Pantera boat we deliver is dialed in and personally tested by me out in the ocean for a couple of hours. Ron 28' was water tested by my Father since I was away on my honeymoon. Every Pantera comes standard with the correct prop.

Ron did not order a labbed finish prop. Labbed props are very sensetive so for most customers the extra performance increase is not that important to them for every day boating conditions.

The 28' model powered by a single 525 EFI will run in the 72-74 MPH range in a "full pleasure" configuration. Water conditions,heat and humidity,passenger load, fuel load, and very important "the driver" will all come into play on the boats performance. Remember the 28' comes standard with a 140 gallon gas tank and at 6.2 pounds a gallon it can add alot of weight in a hurry. If you are running 50 gallons compared to 140 gallons there is approximately 500 pounds difference and a few MPH loss in a single engine application. In an average 150 pounds will equal in about 1 mph loss in performance.

The 525 EFI will increase performance once it breaks in. I told Ron that when he brings his 28' down to Florida in the Winter Months I will either drive over to the West coast of Florida and spend a day teaching him how to drive the boat or we could do it here in Miami out in the Ocean.

Ron, go out and enjoy it and get use to it and I will spend time with you soon !!!

Regards,

JO - Pantera Boats
Old 08-23-2004, 10:24 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Ron, take it out alone. You can just run it at different angles to the waves to get a good feel for her.
Trim it up... even too much. Use the tabs alot, so you know what they can do.

Practice, practice, practice. Quit your day job and learn how to run that puppy.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:44 AM
Registered

Dump the FUEL!! Leave 20 gal in and you'll be stylin

Quick Reply: Hey Full Throttle 525

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.