Can the bashing stop, please?

Notices

Can the bashing stop, please?

Old 07-24-2004, 06:40 PM
Banned
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can the bashing stop, please?

I truly empathize with the people that are experiencing delivery and completion problems with their boats. For those of you supporting these people, you do have every right to voice your opinion and support, but the stories have been told, your point is made and continually posting more negative statements is not going to resolve these issues. If these boats are paid for, then the owners have two choices, either wait for delivery or persue legal action. That's it. I am not supporting anyone in this issue and only the people involved should be the ones to settle any disputes.

Please stop with the bashing on here, this is an enthusiasts web site that most of us look forward to reading posts, getting racing updates, assisting others and seeing great offshore boat pictures. Enough with the negative Pantera campaign or any boat builder for that matter. You made your point, now lets get back to enjoying this site and the sheer pleasure of boating.

Sincerely,

Kirk Jurinek
Old 07-24-2004, 07:33 PM
Banned
Gold Member

Default Re: Can the bashing stop, please?

If you have any real issue with this post, feel free to email me directly at [email protected].

Kirk
Old 07-24-2004, 11:18 PM
Registered

Kirk,
You are right on!

GB
Old 07-24-2004, 11:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Feel free to ignore any threads if you dont like the contents.

Taking a step back for a second here is my opinion,

There seemto be many people on this site that really like Pantera and the Nunez family. Thats fine.
On the flip side however, there appears to be a growing number that dislike Pantera, the company, becasue of some of their past business practices. If someone has a problem with Pantera that is not being resolved by the company, then i think they should come to the board to discuss it. It informs everyone of their problem and they can get advice as to how to solve it. Hopefully someone else will not have a similar problem in the future. Like you said Kirk, this site is partly for assisting others. Maybe posting our stories is not the most productive way of doing this all the time, but when someones waiting for a boat and the comapny is not helping, it seems like the best thing to do at the time.
Pantera has burned a lot of people in the past and some day it will come back to haunt them. If someone wants to stick their head in the sand and think Pantera is still a great company then fine, but if you were out 100k and boatless for over a year, you would probably be extremely angry also. Pantera seems to have constent excuses as to why they are having difficulties. Recently Jo cited a couple accidents he recently had. This may be a big part of it, but my boat was never deliver in 01 as promised, and never finished in 02. He had other excuses then.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:04 AM
Banned
Gold Member

Like I stated, all the stories have been told, beating it to death on this board is not going to resolve the issues. All of the boat owners friends piling on is not going to resolve the issues either.

I and others look forward to enjoying this forum, and it seems that every thread has turned negative or every new thread created recently has only one agenda. Your point is made, there evidently are some major financial and completion issues with several boats. Now either wait or contact an attorney, but please stop dragging the rest of us into it by using this public forum. If others search Pantera and see the posts that have been made, they can decide for themselves if they want to buy a Pantera. I do not have the facts from everyone, nor do I honestly want to get in the middle of this, I just want to enjoy something that use to be fun and educational.

Its not about ignoring the negative threads as they are all becoming negative, which is not necessary. Your point has been made here. I wish you all the best in resolving your issues and would certainly not want to see this happen to any boat owner or boat manufacturer.

Last edited by Elite Marine; 07-25-2004 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-25-2004, 02:05 PM
Registered

Then a truce. I enjoy the Pantera info too. I'm mostly into the older boats and the racing. I'm all for airing the problems as long as that is the original intention of the tread. I think people are going to be afraid to start threads in fear they will be hijacked.
Old 07-25-2004, 05:08 PM
Banned
Gold Member

Exactly. If you have a gripe, keep it in that thread. Don't take over another thread for personal agendas.
Old 07-25-2004, 07:02 PM
Registered

Guys- don't worry. Those of us who have put some pressure on here are not out just to cause trouble. I for one am certainly not going to hijack someone's thread on everything Pantera related. Remember, the threads that are negative, are unfortunately negative because a large number of owners, friends of owners, and other past innocent customers just trying to get their boat delivered have had it with the run around. I for one would absolutely love to have a ride in Ron L's boat or Dominicks boat or Sonny's boat and will be the first to post on here about the handling, speed, ride, and quality of construction. I wish Pantera would just give all of us the chance to start posting something positive....they don't seem to be trying very hard.
Jeremy
Old 07-25-2004, 07:14 PM
Banned
Gold Member

We all understand, and again you've made your point, hopefully to get some action.

Let's try to move on in a positive direction. There are many Pantera owners out there interested in what each other has done to their boats, modifications for handling and just interested in the boats themselves. As it stands now, it appears that we have lost the valuable input and information from the factory on this board due to these issues.

From what I've read this has been damaging to both parties and needs to be resolved. If there are financial issues at Pantera, slamming them here is not going to help your friends get their money or boats any faster. I wish the hopeful owners and Pantera well in working out the issues, hopefully in an amiable manner.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have a Pantera and probably never will, very nice boats but just not our type. I have been following the Pantera stuff because of the new boat being built that shares our name. Here is my take, I think Joe is probably a real nice guy, has a racing history, a good family name, and advertises on a lot of the sites therefore people are protective of him. I agree it is not fair to hijack someone else's thread, however the last 2 times the bashing started it was Jo himself that started the threads. In the case of the now deleted Ms PatriYacht thread, Jo started it to boast about his accomplishments with that boat. Knowing what I know now, I question his wisdom in starting that thread. I don't know the reasons for the delays, but I would imagine that reading a thread boasting about boats being delivered while mine was still unfinished would be like rubbing salt in the wound. Is it any wonder that those boatless customers would not have anything to say.
For those of you that have Pantera's and love them that's great you have awesome boats and should be proud of them. So start your threads, & post your pictures, no one should highjack them. The reason people visit these sites is to share info, you got to be able to hear both the good and the bad.

You say that discussing things here will not help the parties, if that is the case than Pantera is not a smart company. There are thousands of readers on this board, therefore thousands of potential customers reading this information. A company that is run by true business professionals would be foolish not to take heed. I can guarante you that there are at least a handful of people that have been reading these threads that might have been considering a Pantera & have now changed their minds.

In a nutshell -
- Don't highjack the boat owners threads when they are talking about their boats
- Start new threads and post both negative and positive experiences with boat companies because we want to hear your experiences. No one should be imune, not even nice guys that advertise Donna

Last edited by PatriYacht; 07-26-2004 at 11:56 AM.