My old motor story >

My old motor story

Notices

My old motor story

Old 07-30-2004, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My old motor story

Wildthing, Just wanted to address something you mentioned in a previous post that was closed. There is no story to bring up about the 509 that Jo sold for me at Pantera. You know as much as I about that motor. I did have the carb blueprinted and got the compression checked. It was fine. I provided Jo with paperwork and a contact in Atlanta that did the work.
I was never contacted for information until after the sale. I provided information in several emails. I was asked by email to call someone who did not initially identify himself as the new owner of the engine.

Your post made it look as though I did something shady in this transaction.
I can assure you this is not the case.

I also had money on the line at Pantera. A 525efi/xr combination is not the cost of an entire boat but it is substantial.

Greg
Old 07-30-2004, 04:46 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My old motor story

You got luckey or made payrol that day
Old 07-30-2004, 10:51 PM
Registered

Wildthing,
You made an accusation about me and I am just responding to it based on the facts. You knew one side of it. A side that has never been shared with me by anyone. Yes, we exhanged some emails ,so what, no one else read them.
You claim to know what is happening at Pantera. Well in this case with my old motor your way off base.
If I offended anyone by having my Pantera repowered at the Factory, I am sorry.
Greg
Old 07-31-2004, 07:39 AM
Registered

Full throttle,
This guy repowers a 24 with a 496HO and gets a completely different engine in every respect without any knowledge of whats going on? The engines don't even appear to be similar.
Well, I'm not going to go round and round with you guys about other peoples dealings with Pantera. I will only speak about my own dealings with them.
Greg
Old 07-31-2004, 01:42 PM
Registered

Wildthing you are really amusing,
Looks like your the spokesman for everyone with problems at Pantera.
You mentioned that motor being a 454 after you looked at it a long time back. A Merc mechanic and Grimes in Atlanta both worked on it and told me it was a 502 block.
I assumed that the carb was set up incorrectly becasuse it was running so rich and not turning up the 28 bravo. The merc mechnic was not able to tune the carb so Grimes blueprinted it and got it running correctly. The motor just did not put out the 500 - 550hp it was claimed to make. I never said I thought it had more than 425hp.
You are probably not interested in this though because it does not support your bs.
All I have done on this is talk about my experience with Pantera and my boat. All of what you do lately is talk about second hand information about other peoples deals and boats. When you start talking about my experieces with Pantera and my dealings and start with your bs I will repond to it.
Good luck with your crusade,
Greg
Old 08-02-2004, 05:57 AM
vitamin c

Greg,

Old 08-02-2004, 06:21 AM
vitamin c

Greg at the time I contacted you regarding your old motor, I was unaware that it was your motor in my 24 Pantera. I paid the Nunez family for a 03 Mercury 496 HO with a 1 year factory warranty. I have not been provided with any paperwork regarding your motor. I would greatly appreciate any info you have since none seems to be forthcoming from Pantera. It would also be nice to know how much I paid for your motor vs. what I paid for the HO.

Bill Senack

Old 08-02-2004, 11:10 AM
Registered

Bill,
PM me your address. I will forward everything I have from the motor builder in California. They faxed me some information that I hope will be helpful.The 509 ran at 4200 then 4400 rpms in the low 60s with a 28 Bravo 1. I later checked the speedo with a GPS and found it to be about 4 mph slow.
Greg