28 Sit Down ??

Notices

28 Sit Down ??

Old 12-08-2004, 10:05 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 28 Sit Down ??

Going to PPI next week to get int finished /Exhaust is going dry so no exhaust in pics
Old 12-20-2004, 08:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hey Guys:

The wife and I went to B-Stubb's for a Christmas bash and saw his new engine.

Took one look and...WHOOPS, I CRAPPED MY PANTS!!

One awesome engine...great job Brian. I'll take the pics of the boat flying through the air!!
Old 12-20-2004, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Brian, Do you have "full" hydraulid steering or "partial". It seems to me from the last pic of your engine that it is partial. You definetely need "full" .
If it is cable / hydraulic rams it could be worn out and cause some play @ the wheel. We have run close to a 100 mph w/ no problem! Later, pepe @ pantera
Old 12-20-2004, 12:20 PM
Registered

good to see some of you are trying the sit-down style, Let me know how it works out, I am considering putting sit-downs in my 24 that came out of a 24 superboat. Also got a tech question for anyone who may know.
I built a 454, pushed out to 468ci, I'm running trw forged .090 dome top pistons, (approx. 9.8-1 compresion) Merlin rectangle port heads, eckonnel(spelling?) 2.300 valves. Solid lifter cam 562 lift 306 duration, Edelbrock rpm airgap intake with a holley 830cfm carb. The motor still seems to be a little lazy, I am running an msd pro-billet distributer with the MSD 6m-2 ignition. Currently I am running 36 degrees of timing, and I've talked with a couple of builders and they are telling me the motor needs more Timing, 3 of them had said to run it at 40 degrees. What are your thoughts on that, also I am running 96 jets in the primary and 98 jets in the secondaries, any smaller and it leans out. I'm thinking I have a power valve sticking. If anybody has any thoughts or suggestions that would be awesome.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:39 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Your jets with power valves ? way off I ran a simalar motor ran 83-84 with power valves .
Old 12-20-2004, 07:47 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Pepe yes I have single with cable steering I need full to helm Its at the top of my list . I spent a lot of time at PPI today seat structure is soo great we have good measurements If any one wants to go this route they are covering them now hope to see finished product in a couple of weeks . I cant stress enough how much its improveing the safety of the boat and comfort.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:50 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

River rat your timeing is not that far off make a hard pass and watch your rpn then take a degree out then when your rpm or perf falls off you know where to stop . but dont go below 30 deg or your exhaust temp will rise .
Old 12-21-2004, 03:33 PM
Registered

see I was told by the engine builder to raise the timing up, it is currently set at 36 and he said to run it up to 40 but no more, I thought that was a little agressive but he said it would be ok up to 40. The engine is giving me plenty of torq up to about 4500rpm and then it just seems to fall off after that, like the carb is way to fat. and with a 22p bravo 1 it would turn 5100rpm and thats it, with a smaller 24p 14 1/4 diameter 4 blade it would run up to 5800 rpm. I think the motor is there but there is just still something not set right
Old 12-21-2004, 03:39 PM
Registered

B-stubb, Also what would cause me to have to run such big jets? intake leak? Vaccum leak? Stuck power valve. I made a couple of high rpm passes and pulled the plugs out and the coloration was fine, no raw fuel, and still light, not darkened up at all and it wasn't running lean. I know I should be in the 80's on the jets but it just won't run that way
Old 12-27-2004, 09:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the only iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is

bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.

Quick Reply: 28 Sit Down ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.