Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Platinum Powerboat Club
Tears of Joy for 4 Make A Wish Children after the Platinum Powerboat Club's debut! >

Tears of Joy for 4 Make A Wish Children after the Platinum Powerboat Club's debut!

Notices

Tears of Joy for 4 Make A Wish Children after the Platinum Powerboat Club's debut!

Old 04-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tears of Joy for 4 Make A Wish Children after the Platinum Powerboat Club's debut!

I was choked up after reading the email below! This is why the Platinum Powerboat Club was formed! For the kids and for the Sport! Kudo's to the Club with the Heart!

Hi Joy-

I hope this e-mail finds you well and everyone returned safely home from the Bahamas.

We have assigned the following upcoming wishes that the Platinum Power Boat club has sponsored due to the tremendous amount of funds raised during the LIVE auction held at Club Safari:

· Edith, age 6 from Davie, FL wish to go on a Disney Cruise. She suffers from pulmonary lung disease and is scheduled to tentatively go on a Disney cruise in June of this year.
· Malcom, age 5 from Miramar, FL wish to go to Disney World. He suffers from sickle cell anemia and is scheduled to go in July of this year.
· Donavin, age 13 from Naples, FL wish to have a specialized hospital bed. He suffers from Holoprosencepholy (a cephalic disorder) and is scheduled to receive the bed sometime later this month.
· Juliana, age 10 from Miami, FL wish to have a shopping spree. She suffers from Hematology Aplastic Anemia (bone marrow disorder) and is scheduled to go on her shopping spree in May.

We do our best to encourage our wish families to send in pictures of their wish however it is not something we can guarantee we will have for the sponsors. Our number one priority is to deliver each eligible child’s most heartfelt wish and respect all families privacy. At the conclusion of each wish we will provide your club with a wish follow-up piece which will chronicle each child’s wish experience and we will include pictures if available.

Thank you,
Deirdre Trevett
Special Events Coordinator
Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Southern Florida
4491 South State Road 7, Suite 201
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33314
954-967-9474 ext. 308[/COLOR]
Old 04-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good stuff! Great job - very cool what you guys are doing.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Registered

Yeah! Sure puts thing into perspective when we think times are tough. This couldn't happened without the members of the club opening up their hearts for these kids. Boaters from everywhere jumped in to help give kids rides all day on Thursday at Sail Fish Marina! A big thanks to; Kenny and Wendy Dean, Jim Lee and his crew, Bill Duckworth and Team, Tom Healey and side kick Mike, Sam and Joy Maye and family, Mark Granite, John Haggin and AMF racing, John Aruda and crew, Brian Harley, Alan Sasso xtreme Marine, Craig Barrie, Donzi Marine and crew, Randy Sweers Fast Boats.com. So many people with such big hearts! What a difference these people made!
Old 04-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

how was the event in general

any pictures of the kids rides ? any pics or the run

we need details and Pictures

Great to hear that it went well
Old 04-07-2009, 07:54 PM

Default Pics of the weekend

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  9.3 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  10.3 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  10.5 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  6.0 KB

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  12.6 KB
Old 04-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Registered

I got a call from Tom Healey today telling me the great news about the success of this run. I have always had a huge place in my heart for this organization. It brings so much joy to my soul when I see the outpouring of generosity that people have. It keeps me in perspective when I start feeling the pressures of my day when I think of the real picture that these innocent children have to face. They are the ones that are strong and never give up the fight.

Thank you to all of you that made this event possible.

Mitcher T.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Registered

I hope you can make it to our next event! Michael Cooper's bike will be auctioned off again! You are such a big part of this, I can't imagine it without you! Thank you again from Kelly Cooper! I spoke with her yesterday!
Old 04-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Registered
Gold Member

This was the first time i was able to be a part of something like this. It definately makes you feel something in your heart when you are able to make a child who isnt as fortunate as we are smile with happiness & joy! THANK YOU for the experience of a life time! I will support this club any way i can. Brian & Tammy Farley
Old 04-08-2009, 06:07 AM
Registered

Michael's bike has been magical. It just overwhelms me to see how many times that it has been sold and re-donated.

I'm sure that he is smiling huge whenever it spreads its magic. His family is very proud, I'm sure.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:16 AM
Registered

That is exactly what his mother said! He was always smiling and had such a positive outlook on life even up to his last day of life at the young age of 9. The lives that he is touching through granting wishes, opening hearts and smiling on our passion is priceless. The individuals who have come together like Bob Luellen, David from Donzi, Powerboat Magazine, John Haggin and so many more is exactly why this works! How great is it to know that 4 children will receive their wishes because of wonderful caring people who took the time to get involved and make a difference. It's a shame to see so much struggling happening between the other powerboat clubs. Everyone should join together and support the less fortunate! After all it makes a bunch of "noisy, intimidating and sometimes assuming dangerous" race boats look like the super stars that we are!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.