Notices

Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run

Old 08-09-2005, 09:42 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run

Last set..
Attached Thumbnails Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run-frankie.jpg   Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run-misc5.jpg   Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run-misc6.jpg  

Old 08-09-2005, 09:44 AM
Registered

Steve - you may not have participated in the run, but you partook in the Saturday night activities. Had a great time with you and Suzie at the piano bar...I hear there are some pretty good shots of you laid out on your boat Sunday morning...maybe someone will post them for us all to see (WILL).
Old 08-09-2005, 11:10 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Not sure where the two cats came out on the first leg to Rudee's, but BillR once again took the "first boat in award buoy" in his 38 Cig w/ 575's, and he actually went over the tunnel unlike a few other distance cheaters. I know the yellow cat tried but probably didn't have the length (30' Spectre) to really push it hard. Otherwise he's a 105mph setup.

Excellent run with only one real snafu by the Hooters girls at the 4th stop in Hampton, but the weather and water conditions were at their very best for around here, and the lunch stop was awesome especially for general public spectators who came in droves to take pics and scope out the boats. Still waiting on pictures from Mr. Nuzzo, and pics taken by the various boats will be trickling in soon and be posted.

Hope you guys had fun at Waterside. We had one of our more festive party's to date with a lot of festive dress. And then the action went very late on the docks afterwards. Next day several folks hit the tiki-bar on the eastern shore to lick their wounds a bit and chill out in the water. Total boats actually "registered" was 72 (up 9 from last year) with a few party crashers (as always) running along too. Not bad for only the 4th year of real organization by the HRPA. Next year the realistic goal is 80+ with a possible change in venue due to some construction at the current site. I think eventually 100 could be in our future.....
Old 08-09-2005, 11:15 AM
Registered

Had A Great Time Rick Can't Wait Till Next Year!!
Great Job Thanks For Eveything.

Stan
36 Outlaw "hpnotic"
Old 08-09-2005, 02:11 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

That Big Yellow Cig came out from now where, I didn't even see him when approaching the tunnell, but by the time I got to Fort Story he was way ahead of us cathing the Yellow Cat, followed by a white Fountian then us in the Superboat.

Last edited by fastedy; 08-09-2005 at 03:56 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:16 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=fastedy]That Big Cig came out from now where, I didn't even see him when approaching the tunnell, but by the time I got to Fort Story he was way ahead of us cathing the Yellow Cat, followed by a white Fountian then us in the Superboat.[/QUOTE
THAT BIG RED CIG STARTED SECOND TO LAST AND PASSED
ALOT OF BOATS TO THE FIRST STOP!!!!
Old 08-09-2005, 02:57 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It was a fun ride that's for sure. I was waiting for that cat to push the throttles and blow by me. Thus I was kinda suprised to get the #1 "trophy"
Next year??????

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 08-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

The big white boat was a 42 Fountain w/ a pair of HP525's.

The red Cig was "Doug" from Indiana. I know he's got some ponies in that thing. He wasn't quite sure where we were going by water being this was the first time here by boat. Our first boat in buoy is known strictly by word of mouth on the first leg only down the oceanfront where there's plenty of space and open water. I'm hoping the helicopter got some good footage of the first leg upfront guys as requested....
Old 08-09-2005, 03:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BillR
It was a fun ride that's for sure. I was waiting for that cat to push the throttles and blow by me. Thus I was kinda suprised to get the #1 "trophy"
Next year??????
WAY TO GO BILL KEEP IT UP!!!!! YOU THE MAN !!!!

STAN
Old 08-09-2005, 07:29 PM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Betty Ann and I would like to thank everyone for really making us feel at home. We had a blast and being able to share it with my Daughter and Mom ( 83 years old ) really made it special. The Dolphins were a nice touch to during the run. Did anyone else see them ? We all went back out for a ride Sunday and went to a place I think was called Bubbas Oyster House and had a great meal and had to wait the storm out that went through. The Bay really laid down and the 4 of us had a nice ride so I could run some fuel out. Everyone that was involved with putting on the Poker Run did and excellent job. I would love to come back next year and do it again and I'm sure we will be back out in the fall to visit Lacey so we'll have to meet up for a drink somewhere.

BillR congratulations. Just putting a whole new bottom end, valves, cam and 3 sleeves in the port motor made me behave myself a little. Betty laughs at me because when the boat on the trailer and nothing is broken I go up and give the Cigarette logo a big kiss and I even gave the truck one for the haul this weekend. But next year

Thanks again. Doug

Quick Reply: Little Creek Regatta/HRPA Chesapeake Bay Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.