Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
It was the most fun we have ever had. ( with some of our clothes on ) >

It was the most fun we have ever had. ( with some of our clothes on )

Notices

It was the most fun we have ever had. ( with some of our clothes on )

Old 05-31-2005, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Re: It was the most fun we have ever had. ( with some of our clothes on )

Originally Posted by BossBaja
....come and join us. The water is so clean and the people are so nice, everyone in the whole area goes all out to put this poker run on.
BossBaja,

I have yet to visit Boyne City, but I just called in last week, and asked for a Boyne Thunder Poker Run enterance application to be sent in the mail. It's beautiful up there---I love it, but haven't taken the opportunity to bring my boat up with me yet. Last year while my boat was down for repairs I did some recon of the water ways up there, and was dually impressed with the scenery, and water clarity. The local people seem to be very kind, and helpful and I have always wanted to take my boat up there. So, I am about 90% sure I will be a participant in Boyne Thunder, and will be taking my boat (32' Active Thunder) up there for the first time this year. I think it will make for a great initial trip with my boat.

I stopped by Bay Harbor last year and snapped a few shots with my digital camera---what an eye opner!!!---It's ALL beautiful up there! I look forward to making the trip for Boyne Thunder, meeting other boaters like yourself, and meeting ALL those who are involved no matter what capacity. It sounds like a great time/experience. I thought I would post a few shots of Bay Harbor where lunch is being held for the Boyne Thunder Run...
Attached Thumbnails It was the most fun we have ever had. ( with some of our clothes on )-2004_0628northernmichigan0008.jpg  
Old 06-03-2005, 10:28 AM
Registered

Default Re: It was the most fun we have ever had. ( with some of our clothes on )

Was there anyone of you guys up there at Lake Charlevoix during the Memorial Day weekend? If so, how was it???

Meanwhile, here's another shot of Bay Harbor. Keep in mind that the pictures I have taken do not do Bay Harbor its true justice. It's truely a stunning place.
Attached Thumbnails It was the most fun we have ever had. ( with some of our clothes on )-2004_0628northernmichigan0013.jpg  

Last edited by KAAMA; 06-03-2005 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:49 AM
Registered

More of Bay Harbor...
Attached Thumbnails It was the most fun we have ever had. ( with some of our clothes on )-2004_0628northernmichigan0014.jpg   It was the most fun we have ever had. ( with some of our clothes on )-2004_0628northernmichigan0015.jpg   It was the most fun we have ever had. ( with some of our clothes on )-2004_0628northernmichigan0009.jpg  

Last edited by KAAMA; 06-03-2005 at 10:58 AM.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Kaama, It is always beautiful up here, even in the winter if you like skiing and snowmobiling. You should really sign up for Boyne Thunder you will have a blast, and when you pull into Bay Harbour with the rest of the poker run boats there are people lined up watching, then all the poker run boats are docked right up front for the people to veiw. But the REAL PARTY'S are back at Boyne. Hope to see you there, and any time you want to come up let me know, I'll show you around. JB
Old 06-03-2005, 08:13 PM

Re: It was the most fun we have ever had. ( with some of our clothes on )

Hey Kaama, We were out on the Lake Charlevoix all day it was great, I think we got alittle burn
Old 06-03-2005, 09:40 PM
Registered

JB, what kind of boat do you have and do you have a name on it at all? How long have you lived up there? When I was up at Lake Charlevoix last year I stopped by the Charlevoix city boat launch/ramp and took a few pictures. I just happened to arrive just as I saw this boat (382 Formula???) launching in the water---perhaps you may know this boat and/or the owner?...
Attached Thumbnails It was the most fun we have ever had. ( with some of our clothes on )-2004_0628northernmichigan0023.jpg   It was the most fun we have ever had. ( with some of our clothes on )-2004_0628northernmichigan0022.jpg   It was the most fun we have ever had. ( with some of our clothes on )-2004_0628northernmichigan0025.jpg  

Old 06-04-2005, 08:30 AM

I have a Baja, here is a photo of it, and it's called " Lost Revenue". I have lived up here for 30 years now and I travel all over the country but I still love N.W. Michigan the most, but you have to love the snow also I'm on the National Ski Patrol at Boyne Mt. so I ski every weekend and love the winters as much as the summers. JB
Attached Thumbnails It was the most fun we have ever had. ( with some of our clothes on )-1.jpg  
Old 06-06-2005, 09:58 PM
Registered

JB, I look forward to meeting you, and others up there. If I enter Boyne Thunder it will be the first poker run that I will have ever entered with my boat. It sounds like a lot of fun----especially up in the beautiful north where the water is a clear blue, and where you can see way deep down. I don't really know my way around up there very well. I am learning a little of the roads, and how to get up, and around there, but the water I am for the most part unfamiliar with. I have printed off some of the lakes from the internet that I am interested in boating on so that will help a lot. It gives a ton of helpful info. Plus I have a GPS which should help.

Last edited by KAAMA; 06-06-2005 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:45 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kaama.......you know what I'm thinking!!!your YELLA!!!!
Old 06-09-2005, 11:19 AM

Hey Kaama, come on up, I'll show you around, I'm on the lake 2-3 days a week, and if you want to run in Boyne Thunder I'll run with you there also, I only cruise at 40-45. You should also come up here Aug. 13th for the Hawaiian Luau we are hosting for www.wmpaoffshore.com run from Grand Haven to Boyne City and back. JB.

Quick Reply: It was the most fun we have ever had. ( with some of our clothes on )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.