1st Annual Madison, WI Poker run/ Regatta >

1st Annual Madison, WI Poker run/ Regatta

Notices

1st Annual Madison, WI Poker run/ Regatta

Old 08-08-2005, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 1st Annual Madison, WI Poker run/ Regatta

We had a blast. And yes we went round and round and round. It was a new experience for me. Coming from the mississippi river and running the liquid jungle poker run, I'm used to going straght. Hopefully everything will work out again next year.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Registered

I think everyone had a great time at the event! Not the best sized lake for the poker run but the party/raft-up was a great time!!! Glad you came down for the event...I was the guy in the only Eliminator there.... It's a possibility that we'll be able to make it for the Liquid Jungle...time will soon tell!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dave1972
I think everyone had a great time at the event! Not the best sized lake for the poker run but the party/raft-up was a great time!!! Glad you came down for the event...I was the guy in the only Eliminator there.... It's a possibility that we'll be able to make it for the Liquid Jungle...time will soon tell!!!!!!!!!!
I was the big guy riding wth MNfastboat in his advantage. You know the guy that was drooling over your eliminator. It would be cool to set your boat next to my buddies daytona with the same colors. If you like to run and run hard you will have the time of you life on the liquid Jungle!!!

Last edited by Caincando1; 08-08-2005 at 01:57 PM.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:00 PM
Registered

Hey Brian,

I remember you....you were the guy with those cosmic alcohol infused cherries!!!

Just checked on the Liquid Jungle website...looks like you guys have quite a turnout! How many did you have approximately last year? With the 25 v-bottom it looks like the water could get rough with that big group...not so sure I could keep up in the rough stuff...unless I started in the front and stayed there

Great website and pictures!

Dave
Old 08-08-2005, 03:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dave1972
Hey Brian,

I remember you....you were the guy with those cosmic alcohol infused cherries!!!

Just checked on the Liquid Jungle website...looks like you guys have quite a turnout! How many did you have approximately last year? With the 25 v-bottom it looks like the water could get rough with that big group...not so sure I could keep up in the rough stuff...unless I started in the front and stayed there

Great website and pictures!

Dave
We had 65 boats last year and we will have that again. We only alow 65 boats give or take. This is the perfect amount of boats so everyone has room. If we allowed more it would be to congested for everyone. Actually you will be fine in you 25. We run a very organized event. When in the main channel we run a pace boat and eveyone runs in a single file line behind the pace boat(about 50mph). That way the water starys smooth because you don't have to cross wakes from the boats in front of you. Once on the lake we do a grand prix start where we line the boats up one deep and 65 wide. The lake is 3 miles wide so all the boats spread out and make a mile wide line across the lake. We get eveyone on plane then drop the green flag at about 30-40mph and let everone go. Once we are under green you can pass the pace boat and run as fast as you want. The run up the lake is basically a straight shot for 20 plus miles to the next card stop. So again no one has to cross lanes, everyone has plenty of room to spread out and run WOT in a nice straight line which again keeps everyone from crossing in front of each other. Plus with the speed of your boat you will be able to get out in front of most of the pack.

Hope to see you there.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:09 PM
Registered

I'm in for madison who can I call on this event??
Old 07-31-2006, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 32 thunder
I'm in for madison who can I call on this event??
Here's the info for ya.........

http://webpages.charter.net/madisonregatta/index.htm

i'll be the one with the 21' baja 210ess, was there last year, and i know the people running it, should be a good time