OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Question Re: NYC Powerboat Poker Run

Originally Posted by Hauling Trash
Will be there on Friday team Rio Roses V-1

Mike
Cool Mike!

What engines will be in it and who's running it?

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-16-2005, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: NYC Powerboat Poker Run

I'll be there with my 38 scarab. Look for us.
Attached Thumbnails NYC Powerboat Poker Run-scarab.jpg  
Old 06-16-2005, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a good place to watch near the Tappen Zee? Doug
Old 06-16-2005, 09:23 AM
glenn murray
Platinum Member

is it to late to sign up
Old 06-16-2005, 09:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by outriggers
Is there a good place to watch near the Tappen Zee? Doug
This is the best spot near the Tappan Zee Bridge

Sunset Cove, at the Washington Irving Boat Club Tarrytown, NY, 914 366 7889, East Shore. At the end of Greene Street past the entrance to the Tarrytown Railroad Station and located within the Washing-ton Irving Boat Club grounds, directly on the water, is this very nicely laid out restaurant facility. Featuring a newly renovated outdoor patio with cute out of the way dining or drinking areas, spectacular views, and a patio barbecue grill featuring hamburgers, hot dogs, grilled chicken, sausage & peppers. The patio grill is open seven days a week. You will find parking attendants present on weekends as the demand for parking far exceeds the capacity of the Washington Irving Boat Club parking area. (Cars are parked next door by the attendants.) Inside dining is elegant featuring Continental Cuisine with a Mediterranean flair and offers a selection of steak, chops, seafood, grilled fish, pastas and a wide assortment of daily specials. The large windows overlooking the patio and Hudson River paired with indoor air conditioning make for an enjoyable experience. To enter the Washington Irving Boat Club area by boat look for Red buoy #2 marking the channel to Tarrytown. Turn right at this buoy and go straight to the club located nearest the eastern corner of the Tappan Zee Bridge. There is guest docking for 14 vessels up to 34' in length.

Last edited by Marlin275; 06-17-2005 at 03:15 PM.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:58 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD
is it to late to sign up
I could be wrong but I believe you can sign up until the day of the run. Paperwork mentions late registration. Give Billy at the NPBA a call. 203-532-1312. Entry fee should be $650.00 (this includes only 2 tickets for the festivities on Fri & Sat, it is $25 additional per ticket.) Sorry I couldn't be of better help.

See ya on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Lucididee; 06-16-2005 at 10:01 AM.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:07 AM
glenn murray
Platinum Member

thank you Lucididee see ya Saturday
Old 06-16-2005, 03:11 PM
Ing
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Good vantage point to see the boats coming out from the Liberty Landing Marina is along the WaterFront Walk in Jersey City. You won't be able to tail gate but it is about the closest you'll see the boats without being in the Liberty Landing wet pits.

Take I-78 to the Jersey City/Grand St exit. Follow signs to Grand St. Take Grand St. all the way into JC. You'll see the water in front of you. There is a public lot on the right. Walk down to the southeast by the Provident Bank building. Good view next to the large clock (like in photo). Walking distance to many restaurants and pubs. Anyone wanting to take a PATH train can get off at EXCHANGE PLACE. It's right on the water also.

Just walked through the wet pits this afternoon. Bunch of boats and static displays already there.
Attached Thumbnails NYC Powerboat Poker Run-npba-race16.jpg  
Old 06-16-2005, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Marlin and Ing, Both great info. Doug
Old 06-16-2005, 05:25 PM
Registered

The boats are on "parade slow mode" up to the George Washington Bridge after that they take off full speed, 100+mph.

Another good section to see the fast race is the Palisades Interstate Park New Jersey Section, Englewood Boat Basin and Alpine Boat Basin.

P.O. Box 155, Alpine, New Jersey 07620-0155
Voice: 201 768-1360 Fax: 201 767-3842

From Routes 4, 46, I-80, I-95: Take the exit for Fort Lee / Palisades Interstate Parkway (Exit 72 from I-95, after the last toll on the New Jersey Turnpike). Turn left at the light at the top of the ramp. Go through several lights in succession, then the entrance to the northbound PIP is on right.

From New York City: Take the upper level of the George Washington Bridge to the first exit, the Palisades Interstate Parkway northbound.

Quick Reply: NYC Powerboat Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.