Northern Michigan fun run count down!!! >

Northern Michigan fun run count down!!!

Notices

Northern Michigan fun run count down!!!

Old 08-16-2005, 03:00 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Northern Michigan fun run count down!!!

yep, they came in around 5:00pm I think there were 6 of them al together.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dyno and I could hear the Skaters when we were in Round Lake. I went out the channel as they were coming in - and there was Wrink right in the middle of the pack! They did a parade loop of the perimeter of Round Lake, then headed down the South Arm. One of the Skaters resides down there and we assumed they were stopping by for a bit of hospitality. One of them asked to buy 110 octane gas at the "Landing" gas dock, of course, without luck. Later, five of them headed to Boyne City for a dinner at Garrett's and put on a fine show as they passed by our cottage. Very cool!
Old 08-16-2005, 09:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I heard they really shuck up some folks on the south arm.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:01 PM

That blue cat (Ice Man) was a Nortec not a Skater it belongs to Preston Parish and he wasn't in the run, he was just out watching like the rest of you. The reason I took them down the south arm was to meet the tanker truck with 110 I had come into Swan Valley Marina, It was the only place that would agree to let them fuel. They filled in Grand Haven, again in Manistee and then up here. It cost them $1000 each for gas from Manistee to Lake Charlevoix, 100 miles,thats $10 per mile for gas, alittle to much for me, plus the $800,000 to $1,000,000 for the boats. You guys should post pics of your boats along with names so I know who is who on the lake. JB
Old 08-18-2005, 11:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JB4Boyne
That blue cat (Ice Man) was a Nortec not a Skater it belongs to Preston Parish and he wasn't in the run, he was just out watching like the rest of you. The reason I took them down the south arm was to meet the tanker truck with 110 I had come into Swan Valley Marina, It was the only place that would agree to let them fuel. They filled in Grand Haven, again in Manistee and then up here. It cost them $1000 each for gas from Manistee to Lake Charlevoix, 100 miles,thats $10 per mile for gas, alittle to much for me, plus the $800,000 to $1,000,000 for the boats. You guys should post pics of your boats along with names so I know who is who on the lake. JB
Actually the "Iceman" is a 53 foot Airborne cat, what a presence in the water it has!!! Wrink
Old 08-18-2005, 01:02 PM

Thanks Wrink, The Skater guys were talking about it on the dock while we were fueling, I thought they said it was a Nortec with diesels. I know he use to have a Skater, I wonder what happened? JB
Old 08-18-2005, 01:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JB4Boyne
Thanks Wrink, The Skater guys were talking about it on the dock while we were fueling, I thought they said it was a Nortec with diesels. I know he use to have a Skater, I wonder what happened? JB
Let me just say I don't think Skater is on his X-mas card list!!!
Old 08-30-2005, 09:47 AM
Registered

Any of the NMFR Motley Bunch gunna B up north for the labor day w/e? Look us up out of Charlevoix. Wrink
Old 08-30-2005, 03:54 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Just got back last night Tracy, brought the boat back to Holland for the rest of the season had a great time ran the bay on Sunday, hit Pearls one last time for this year!!Hope all is well see you next summer if the gas pices dont kill us!!!
Old 08-30-2005, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Anyone going to be around Indian River during the Labor Day weekend? I am going to the Michigan City Fun Run on Saturday, then drive up to Indian River on Sunday........then, I also may be hitting Torch Lake on Monday, but that's a BIG MAYBE.

Quick Reply: Northern Michigan fun run count down!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.