Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Northern Michigan fun run count down!!! >

Northern Michigan fun run count down!!!

Notices

Northern Michigan fun run count down!!!

Old 02-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Northern Michigan fun run count down!!!

Originally Posted by dyno
with Kaama anywhere near you the stereo is out of the question! Dry stacks rock!..... and yea I have them Too!
Hey, listen up. I have 2 B able 2 listen 2 my Milli Vanilli cd at all X!!
Old 02-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Tracy you aint right!
Old 02-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Registered

Tracy you aint right!
I heard that Brother Man!
Old 02-09-2006, 05:53 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

I think after you get done grinding the mollers out of your last patient for the day you put on the gas mask and surf OSO
Old 02-09-2006, 08:13 PM
Registered

I think after you get done grinding the mollers out of your last patient for the day you put on the gas mask and surf OSO
YeeeHaaaaaw!!!
Old 02-13-2006, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We should have a Northern Michigan Fun Run this winter on snowmobiles and you guys can start planning the summer run while your inside having a hot tottie. There are alot of motels up here that rent nice sleds for $190 per day, is anyone interested?
Old 02-13-2006, 05:47 AM
Registered

JB, have not been on a sled for about 27-28 years dude! My last ride was on an Evinrude rotary engine sled. Large ride w/ reverse. Anybody remember that ride! Makes me feel real old 2 write this note!!
Old 03-12-2006, 12:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by KAAMA
I am going to try and spend more time around the Grand Traverse Bay area such as Elk Rapids, Northport, Sutton's Bay, Traverse City, Marion/Power Island, etc. I think everywhere you go within Grand Traverse Bay is beautiful and worth hanging out in.

I also plan on checking out the Indian River area this summer.

Also, Leeland, South Manitou Island, Charlevoix, Bay Harbor and of course Torch Lake---of which by the way is rated as the 3rd most beautiful lake in the world by National Geographic Magazine. I plan on being at Elk Rapids and Torch Lake for the weekend of the July 4th.

Who's going to be around the Torch Lake area and their famous "sand bar" for the weekend of the 4th???
Would like to attend Torch Lake affair. Never been there. Usually in Charlevoix over the 4th july. At Torch, where do I launch?, what marina w/bathhouse is best?, etc.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by SunsationalMate
Would like to attend Torch Lake affair. Never been there. Usually in Charlevoix over the 4th july. At Torch, where do I launch?, what marina w/bathhouse is best?, etc.
I'm not real familiar with the water up there quite yet. I'm still learning, but as far as I know there are probably several launches available to launch in, but it will depend on the length of your boat.

My boat is 32' and I like to launch over on Elk Lake in downtown Elk Rapids----however, I can just barely get my boat on/off the trailer there at that particular launch and yet there are still some guys who can launch a 38 footer out of the same launch! I think that depends on how your boat sits on the trailer you have, etc. The launch only goes back so far and so deep---after that there is a little curb to warn you that you are at the end of the lauch before it DROPS OFF. The water is so clear that you can look down in the water and see the end of the launch, etc, otherwise I prbably would never launch there as I need all of the launch pad as it will allow me to use. I have a 3-axle trailer and I'm not exactly sure of what would happen if one of my axles would go past the curb and drop off----and I don't think I really want to find out anytime soon for fear of having to pay a crane fee of sorts to lift it up.

Anyway, I personally like to take the scenic route via Elk Lake, and then I buzz over to Lake Skegemog, and then through the stump field up the Torch River to Torch Lake. There are launches on Torch Lake---I just don't know where they all are or what lengths/depths they will handle. Perhaps some of the guys who read this will chime in who are from up there or are familiar with it all up there.

What make/length of boat do you have?

Last edited by KAAMA; 03-12-2006 at 07:26 AM.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:02 AM
Registered

Kaama,
I'm towing 32 Dominator on a Heritage trailer. Have heard the launches on Torch are shallow. And that a few outdrives are lost each year in the stump field! But I' still interested in the sand bar party, etc. Is the party on the 4th or on adjoining July 4th Saturday?

Otherwise I've been running out of Port Sanilac (or Lexington) to Port Huron and usually hang at Lake Port State Park beach.

My boat name is actually I DOCKED 'ER, but for some reason OSO server won't recognize the [space '] in the name. So I surf as I DOCKED 'ER elsewhere.

Quick Reply: Northern Michigan fun run count down!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.