Notices

Jammin on The James 2006

Old 01-12-2006, 08:58 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Jammin on The James 2006

Originally Posted by boatfreak28
Can someone pm me some info info on this run. I just wondered how long it is and what effects the weather and wind has on the water. You lucky guys with the big Thunders don't have to worry about the water but with my little 28 I have to think about that with a 14 hour drive. I would like to haul down there for it. I thought about it last year but work got in the way. If I haul all the way down there for this run I think some of you guys should come up here for the Chicago Poker Run the next weekend.
I'll send it to you.It might be a long haul but you won't be disappointed.the 28' would have a problem at all.There was a 21' baja and he haul from south fla.Would love too but my 16 yr. has a dance comp.in N.Y.C. and i have to take her.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:42 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 125 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
Great you'll have a P.O. and all we have is pony express and this is the week they reshoe her.
That's alot nicer than what you were doing to that horse!!!
Old 01-12-2006, 09:55 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Can someone pm me some info info on this run. I just wondered how long it is and what effects the weather and wind has on the water. You lucky guys with the big Thunders don't have to worry about the water but with my little 28 I have to think about that with a 14 hour drive. I would like to haul down there for it. I thought about it last year but work got in the way. If I haul all the way down there for this run I think some of you guys should come up here for the Chicago Poker Run the next weekend.

This run is a blast and very friendly. Most of the guys aren't out to race, some of the faster boats hang back to run with friends who have slower boats (like mine ) As Docman said the farthest traveled last year was a 20 Baja that came out of FL. We have several 22 Donzi's and a number of other low 20 ft boats. Your 28 is plenty.
We start almost 100 miles inland and run a large river to the coast. The last optional leg runs across the bay and would be the roughest section (again it's optional). 20 MPH winds would create 3-4 footers near the end of the run but those days are rare and the vast majority of the run is in calm waters except for the boat wakes. (typically 2 foot chop but kinda sloppy if your in the pack) A small party forms Friday night and a WILD party happens after the run. After the reception our FL visitor got last year I'm betting he'll be back again this year. Cignificant organizes the run and can give you more details.
Chicago.......is that run during the 2 weeks that the lake isn't frozen???
Old 01-13-2006, 05:50 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
That's alot nicer than what you were doing to that horse!!!
Your sick Russ.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 166 Likes on 66 Posts

Well I guess I will try to get this worked into my schedule. It sounds like it would be well worth it. I am serious when I say that some of you guys should try to come up for the Chicago run.

t500hps
I don't know where you are getting your info but the lake is clear of ice for all of three weeks. In fact if you come up in late July you might see water temps of 60-65 degrees.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:53 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 345 Likes on 116 Posts

Well I guess I will try to get this worked into my schedule. It sounds like it would be well worth it. I am serious when I say that some of you guys should try to come up for the Chicago run.

t500hps
I don't know where you are getting your info but the lake is clear of ice for all of three weeks. In fact if you come up in late July you might see water temps of 60-65 degrees.
You'll be fine with a 28!!! I did the run 3 or 4 years ago in a 22 Formula, no problem. Like someone else said, it can get a little hairy towards the end of the run....but not that bad!
Old 01-13-2006, 07:58 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

t500hps
I was in Chicago once about 10 years ago. It was a business trip in October and I understand why they call it the windy city!!!!
If you make it you'll be the likely candidate for the farthest traveled award.....not sure what that wins you but Docmanrich may offer some suggestions. Keep in mind, this isn't really an overnight event, we tend to turn it into an entire weekend event!!!!

The Band Sat is awesome!
The fees cover T-shirts/ giveaways/ dinner/ card hands
The water isn't rough or crowded with boats other than ours
The girls like to give the helicopter guys full wood!!!
Old 01-13-2006, 10:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to play this year, is their a hotel to make res. at, the Fountain is tight sleeping especially if it more than just two of us?

WILL MURRAY
Old 01-13-2006, 02:49 PM
Registered

Hey Will, nice to hear from you again, are you really going to make it the year?????? Hope so you will have a blast.

The hotel we have a special room rate at the host hotel , Portsmouth Renaissance, price for Sat. night $106.00, I would recommend getting it now and send in your registration quick.

I would also tell you to come down friday as that party at Jordan point gets pretty crazy also. Hotel in that area are about 20 mins away back up towards 95 , but not that far.

See you this summer.

James
Old 01-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
Is there going to be a 5th 37' A/T on this run ?
How'bout a 33!

Quick Reply: Jammin on The James 2006

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.