Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Traverse City Air Show!!!??? >

Traverse City Air Show!!!???

Notices

Traverse City Air Show!!!???

Old 06-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Traverse City Air Show!!!???

Originally Posted by Perfectmix
Thanks for the heads up. The Sand Bar will be a very populated area this weekend. The police will actually be patrolling the area by foot. They crack down on MIP's and nudity. Other than that they are pretty cool. Another big thing will be PWC's they are a PITA. Just keep you distance from other boats when on plane. Also it helps to have your registration up to date
Have a great Holiday
Thats what I hear, is that Antrim and Kalkaska counties will have officers walking the sandbar and cracking down on the littering, nudity, MIP's, and public drunkness. I thought I saw someone post they were going to be coming out sunday possibly, so I thought I would give the heads up. Ill be out there all weekend, so we'll see how it goes. You all have a great holiday also, and maybe we'll see you on the water sunday
Old 06-27-2006, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the heads up. The Sand Bar will be a very populated area this weekend. The police will actually be patrolling the area by foot. They crack down on MIP's and nudity. Other than that they are pretty cool. Another big thing will be PWC's they are a PITA. Just keep you distance from other boats when on plane. Also it helps to have your registration up to date
Have a great Holiday
What is wrong w/ nudity? Esp BIG TITTIES
Old 06-27-2006, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

On Sunday I may go to Torch Lake via Elk Lake, Skegemog, through the stump field and up the Torch River to Torch Lake. I would say 99% of the time I don't have any kind of booze on the boat. I like having an enjoyable time, hanging out, and relaxing...just not much of a partier. Just might see some of you guys out on Torch. If you see me then wave.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
What is wrong w/ nudity? Esp BIG TITTIES
Thats kinda my thought. I do mind when some drunk PWC owner bumps in to my boat, but I dont mind when the titties bump my boat
Old 06-27-2006, 12:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KAAMA
On Sunday I may go to Torch Lake via Elk Lake, Skegemog, through the stump field and up the Torch River to Torch Lake. I would say 99% of the time I don't have any kind of booze on the boat. I like having an enjoyable time, hanging out, and relaxing...just not much of a partier. Just might see some of you guys out on Torch. If you see me then wave.
Im not sure what your ride is, but coming in through Skegemog, be very aware of where your outdrive is at coming through the stump field at the opening to the river. You may even want to come off plane a couple hundred yards before you enter the bouy zone, Ive seen some big ole stumps just below the surface that I would guess you wouldnt want your prop to get to know After you get in to the stump field, just stay in the middle of the river, and you should be okay. Assuming you've never done it before that is
Old 06-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Have a great Holiday
I agree. (Knock on wood) The marine patrol at Torch has been great. As long as you don't do anything stupid they leave you alone. (Knock on wood)

I'll be up there on Sunday, and I will be partying!
Old 06-27-2006, 01:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by noboat
I agree. (Knock on wood) The marine patrol at Torch has been great. As long as you don't do anything stupid they leave you alone. (Knock on wood)

I'll be up there on Sunday, and I will be partying!
Ive found the same thing the past couple weekends, that if you dont do anything stupid, they'll leave you alone. Hopefully Ill be able to put some faces and names together this weekend.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:32 PM
Registered

anyone know when they plan to close the bay? are we planning on leaving charlevoix at 9:30??????
Old 06-27-2006, 05:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by yzbert
anyone know when they plan to close the bay? are we planning on leaving charlevoix at 9:30??????
Scott, thats the plan as I understand. I will be launching at Ironton at 8:30. Can't wait. I'm not sure on the air space closure. I know we will be there plenty early See you there
Old 06-27-2006, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by DURANGOKID59
Im not sure what your ride is, but coming in through Skegemog, be very aware of where your outdrive is at coming through the stump field at the opening to the river. You may even want to come off plane a couple hundred yards before you enter the bouy zone, Ive seen some big ole stumps just below the surface that I would guess you wouldnt want your prop to get to know After you get in to the stump field, just stay in the middle of the river, and you should be okay. Assuming you've never done it before that is
Yes---thanks! Josh/Perfectmix took me through the stump field last year with my boat and he said pretty much the same thing---especially about going slow way before you get to the entrance.

Quick Reply: Traverse City Air Show!!!???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.