Notices

Lake Erie Hot Rod Run

Old 09-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lake Erie Hot Rod Run

Originally Posted by rastinger
Too busy dumping fuel separators and holding on with the water conditions to get pictures.

I know Richie Rich rode out with us and got a few pictures but not sure how many. I'll check with him and see.

Lethal, thanks again for your help when we came into Geneva on one motor. I was able to talk with your wife for a while about your boating in the Lorain area. We may have to check that out sometime in the future. We have never stopped in that area.

Barb
No problem it was nice meeting you guys. Did you finally get everything worked out?.

Boy the lake sure does get screwed up over there. Is that kind of water normal? We got the crap beat out of us.

We have some nice stops in the lorain Area. Lorain, Vermilion and Horon are close together and we are only 26 miles from Kelly's. The water rarely gets that ugly over here. They at least have some kind of pattern to them and are much closer together so it's easier to stay on top of them. Let me know when your going to make it out this way.

Rob
Old 09-11-2006, 01:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Leathl_WS6
No problem it was nice meeting you guys. Did you finally get everything worked out?.

Boy the lake sure does get screwed up over there. Is that kind of water normal? We got the crap beat out of us.

We have some nice stops in the lorain Area. Lorain, Vermilion and Horon are close together and we are only 26 miles from Kelly's. The water rarely gets that ugly over here. They at least have some kind of pattern to them and are much closer together so it's easier to stay on top of them. Let me know when your going to make it out this way.

Rob
We had to drain both separators. We know what the problem is. Had a little talk wtih the hubby about that.......it's goona get fixed this week It was nice meeting you and your friends too. You have a great looking boat. Wished the water would have been decent just so we could see how the others ran.

Our water sucks for the most part, it really does. Generally this run is nice water. First time in 4 years it's been this rough. Generally we can get to all the stops and then come back in some bigger water, but Saturday was a washing machine and what we generally won't go out in on purpose.....well, at least some of us . There were several who said they got beat up pretty good...........even those in the bigger boats! The problem with the water in our area is that the waves/swells aren't consistent. We have riden up the islands enough to know the water is very, very different once you get past Avon Point. We always see a change of water in that area. We know if it's rough when we leave Mentor then let's at least get to Cleveland, where the water will generally be better.

Is there any place to dock in Lorain? Just wondering if we were to make a run up there this weekend if there was a place to stay? The weekend is looking decent for us and there could possibly be a few of us who want to get away for one or two nights if we can. Just wondering if we have to belong to a yacht club or what the deal is. Thanks Rob.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:29 PM
Registered

By the way, someone and I can't remember who allowed us to borrow two of their orange life vests. If you see this please let me know who you are. I will pack them up and send them back to you. Sorry for not doing that on Saturday when we got back but I never ran into who we borrowed them from.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

rastinger,
You were rafted next to me (in the 311) at the zoo.
I fell in love with your boat! It is awesome!! Sorry to hear about misfortune. Hang on to my jackets until next year...we had a blast and will be back.
Chris
Old 09-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris
rastinger,
You were rafted next to me (in the 311) at the zoo.
I fell in love with your boat! It is awesome!! Sorry to hear about misfortune. Hang on to my jackets until next year...we had a blast and will be back.
Chris
Thanks Chris! With the exception of dumping separators we had a great day. OK, the ride back was terrible, but we got back safely and that's all that is important!

Good to meet you guys. We'll hold those jackets until next year.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:17 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dang guys! Sorry you didnt have a good day on the water. I was thinkin about you. The ocean was unreal. 33 boats started, 9 finished. Hope your numbers are better than those
Old 09-11-2006, 02:22 PM
Registered

rastinger

Thanks for the compliment I was thinking the same thing about your Stinger.

You can call Spitzers Marina they should have docking for the weekend 440-288-3667. There is a nice place there called Jacklope that has very good food and gets a nice crowd in the evening.

A little further west is beaver park marina. That is the marina we are out of. I can get you some slips here for the weekend but chances are they won't be next to each other. There isn't a lot to do out of Beaver besides hang out, but there are some of the greatest people here. This is where our Yacht Club is but they don't have actual hours all the member have key cards to get in. We could defiantly meet up with you and show you around.

Feel free to call us if you are going to make it this way.

440-315-5733

Rob

Last edited by Leathl_WS6; 09-11-2006 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:51 PM
Registered

Rough water? Thrill and I had a good time running in it on the way back
Old 09-11-2006, 02:52 PM
Registered

If we decide to do this Rob we will give you a call. The weather is looking good for the upcoming weekend and they won't be many weekends left to get away and enjoy some boating. I do recall your wife talking about Jacklope. Sounds like our kind of place
Old 09-11-2006, 02:53 PM
Registered

Re: Lake Erie Hot Rod Run

Originally Posted by DonziChick
Rough water? Thrill and I had a good time running in it on the way back
You're cute sweetie.............

Quick Reply: Lake Erie Hot Rod Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.