Need to get educated on Poker Runs

Old 03-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, thats sad.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:09 AM
Registered

this sport is open to all with the desire to go boating and the common sense for safety it is sad that people have to die for the rest of us to realize how this will effect the future of our passion!!
Old 03-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mark, there is a Poker Runs of America poker run the first weekend in May if Ft Myers go to their web site and check it out. There is also a Ft Myers offshore club that has a lot of fun runs, their info is in the club section on the site. If you really want the skinny PM Bob the Builder he will set you up, you will find one of his posts if you got to the Ft Myers section in the boat club forums
Old 03-25-2007, 04:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
mark, there is a Poker Runs of America poker run the first weekend in May if Ft Myers go to their web site and check it out. There is also a Ft Myers offshore club that has a lot of fun runs, their info is in the club section on the site. If you really want the skinny PM Bob the Builder he will set you up, you will find one of his posts if you got to the Ft Myers section in the boat club forums
Mark, I am a member of the Ft Myers offshore club and I can say that our fun runs typically have anywhere from 15 to 30 boats running and might be a good first step. I know it has been for me. The folks that belong to our club are very good people and are happy to answer any and all questions. Bob the builder is an extremely good and safe leader. I like you have not run in any Poker runs as of yet but through the friends I have met, I am going to be riding in another boat for the Sarasota Poker run to kind of get a feel for the differences between our fun runs and the big show. Most of the members are pretty active in the Poker run scene and are a great source for infomation. If you keep an eye on the Ft Myers offshoere section in the clubs area we will typically have one fun run a month at least through the spring when a lot of our members head back north for the summer.

John
Old 03-26-2007, 01:32 PM
Registered

Thank you very much for the info. Wish I could find someone to ride along with. If you know of anyone who might consider taking my girlfriend and I along (naturally we would pay our share,etc.), I would greatly appreciate you passing along my info. I am soo new to the scene, a great experience would likely be the fire under my butt to pull the trigger on a boat. I would definitely want to be a part of the Ft. Myers organizations and look forward to meeting everybody involved.

Thank you again,
Mark Strebel
239-789-7666
[email protected]
Old 03-26-2007, 06:50 PM
Registered

Hey Mark,
My boat is currently down with a blown motor. It should be in the water again by the Ft Myers Poker run. I am not sure if I will be attending that run due to scheduling conflicts but you are surely welcome to ride with us on any of the upcoming fun runs. I will keep your info and contact you whenever the next one is announced. Welcome to the sport. I think you will find that once you have been out on a run you will be as addicted as the rest of us. Keep an eye on the FMO area for upcoming runs. See you soon.

John

BTW I think as a Baja owner this is a good place to insert the slogan "Speed changes you"
Old 03-29-2007, 11:57 AM
Registered

Thank you Specialized!!! Very gracious of you!!! Yes, please call any time. Can't wait!!!

That's why I say "Passion Loves Company"!