Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Who's coming for the SCOPE Poker Run (09-28/29-07) >

Who's coming for the SCOPE Poker Run (09-28/29-07)

Notices

Who's coming for the SCOPE Poker Run (09-28/29-07)

Old 07-28-2007, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 3,414 Likes on 1,104 Posts

For all info and full reg form go to the SCOPE web site at:

http://www.scopeinfo.com/

Get signed up!!!
Old 07-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tank, missed you last weekend at the ski race/rum run!

Great job with these photos gettn everyone fired up for the run. Hell, i was just there last weekend and now im ready to go back!! this will be my 7th year and it's by far the event of the year.
To all of you, don't miss this event- you'll be sorry! No matter what size boat, you won't feel out of place! Lookn forward to it!!
Old 07-29-2007, 02:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by doubletake
Tank, missed you last weekend at the ski race/rum run!

Great job with these photos gettn everyone fired up for the run. Hell, i was just there last weekend and now im ready to go back!! this will be my 7th year and it's by far the event of the year.
To all of you, don't miss this event- you'll be sorry! No matter what size boat, you won't feel out of place! Lookn forward to it!!
Yea, I heard both days were a good time! freakin' work!!

However, I wont be missing the poker run! This years event is going to be a great one!! Sure does make it nice with the docks in front of the hotel and restraunts.

We'll see you on the water!

Here's a couple more shots from past runs...

1st is us in '04 in Tim Mccrays Tiger airing it out.
2nd is Kenny Boyce running with Catalina in the background.
3rd is to show that it doesn't matter what size boat you have you can run...I believe thats a 27 Laveycraft and a 26 Nordic Heat in the background.
Attached Thumbnails Who's coming for the SCOPE Poker Run (09-28/29-07)-poker-run01.jpg   Who's coming for the SCOPE Poker Run (09-28/29-07)-poker-run-02.jpg   Who's coming for the SCOPE Poker Run (09-28/29-07)-poker-run-03.jpg  

Old 07-29-2007, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank

However, I wont be missing the poker run! This years event is going to be a great one!! Sure does make it nice with the docks in front of the hotel and restraunts.

We'll see you on the water.
Can't wait....... The F-2 will be there for sure !

LS
Attached Thumbnails Who's coming for the SCOPE Poker Run (09-28/29-07)-running16.jpg  

Last edited by lucky strike; 07-29-2007 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Added Picture
Old 08-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Registered

There's about 50 signed up and ready to rock....Who esle is going to make it.......Onesickgladiator (Rick) where you at!!??
Old 08-09-2007, 02:49 AM
Registered

I want to attend this event, Ive never been in salt water so help me out.....I absolutely dont want to stick my trailer in the water so does anyone know of a place where I could have my boat craned into the water near by? where do I sign up? how do I get a boat slip in front of the yard house? where does everybody party? do people go to catalina and stay there for the day and come back in the evening?
Old 08-09-2007, 04:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FOXMXPSYCHO
I want to attend this event, Ive never been in salt water so help me out.....I absolutely dont want to stick my trailer in the water so does anyone know of a place where I could have my boat craned into the water near by? where do I sign up? how do I get a boat slip in front of the yard house? where does everybody party? do people go to catalina and stay there for the day and come back in the evening?
Just sent check yesterday and received call that they are waiving the late fee for now and dock space was still available. I am looking forward to it. I live 10 minutes from the Los Alamitos ramp. Regarding your trailer - bring a hose - the ramps have a place to hose them down. Personally, not putting my boat in the Ocean would be worse than being concerned about my trailer. It's a BLAST!!!

you can print an app here:

http://www.scopeinfo.com/PDF/2007-Ev...yer%20004A.pdf

Last edited by irepo; 08-09-2007 at 04:43 PM. Reason: added link
Old 08-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Registered

Just got off my ass and sent my stuff in yesterday too! Yee-haw!
Old 08-09-2007, 09:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by irepo
Just sent check yesterday and received call that they are waiving the late fee for now and dock space was still available. I am looking forward to it. I live 10 minutes from the Los Alamitos ramp. Regarding your trailer - bring a hose - the ramps have a place to hose them down. Personally, not putting my boat in the Ocean would be worse than being concerned about my trailer. It's a BLAST!!!

you can print an app here:

http://www.scopeinfo.com/PDF/2007-Ev...yer%20004A.pdf
Im trying to educate myself here....so there are 2 runs? one along the coast and one to catalina? I see you have an elminator as well...will your boat run 100miles without refueling? I only have a 100 gallon tank. Which run are you running? and do you have an extreme trailer? has in been in salt water yet? is it as bad as people are making it seem? if it comes down to it ill stick it in the water i figured why not just have it craned if there was one near by you know..... Im a total newb this will probably my first poker run... dont wanna look like an a$$. Also as a non member of scope I pay $615.00 (considering the late fee is being waived) for myself and 3 guest aboard the boat and admittance to the party saturday night? 4 dinners n lunches?
Old 08-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Registered

You and I are both newbies. My first Poker run as well. I live so close to this Marina that this was the first place I launched when I got the boat a little over a month ago. I have already done a run to Catalina and back. It was by far more fun than any boating I have done on Havasu. I have an Extreme Trailer and I oil it down with WD 40 after each use. If its trashed in five years, I will get another. I heard that there was a crane available for the Catalina Ski race but I don't know of any nor do I know if one will be available. I have two 60 gallon tanks. Your boat should be able to handle this run no problem, and they have a fueling dock at Catalina should you come up light. I only used a little over half a tank running behind the breakwater for about twenty minutes, shooting out to Catalina, coming back to Newport, then cruised back to Los Alamitos Marina. I don't get the impression that anyone will be treating anyone like an AZZ. Let people know its your first run and I bet most are ready to give advice. Two things I have learned so far is - LifeLine Jackets and wear your lanyard. I am taking my boat out on the 19th of this month for another Catalina run. If your up to giving your boat a try out there I would be more than happy to make a run out to Catalina and back with you. Let me know.

Quick Reply: Who's coming for the SCOPE Poker Run (09-28/29-07)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.