Notices

Lake Cumberland Poker Run

Old 08-23-2007, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WHAt is the ramp situation going to be like? I waited over an hour to put in last year on Friday and almost 2 hours to pull out on Sunday at Jamestown. Can we make a reservation for a put in time???? Cant wait for the run weekend, always a great time. So Harmon Creek it is!! Party on.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Registered

Default Ramp Situation

Just Wanted to give a quick update on the Ramp Situation at Jamestown.
Talked with the guy that runs the Ramp @ Jamestown on Saturday and he said that by Poker Run time they should have 3 lanes accessible for the poker runners. They have added gravel to the end of 2 of the lanes to accomodate larger boats and are laying down all new concrete for the 3rd Lane. Work was in progress on the thrid lane last weekend, so we'll see. I'll have a better idea of the Actual Situation after Labor Day Weekend.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:43 AM
Registered

We have a few boats coming up from Florida on I-75. What is the best and quickest route to travel? Straight up I-75 into Ky to Hwy 80 or pick up 111 at Chattanooga?
Old 08-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kr1276
We have a few boats coming up from Florida on I-75. What is the best and quickest route to travel? Straight up I-75 into Ky to Hwy 80 or pick up 111 at Chattanooga?
Keith it depends on where you are launching from. I have found that going straight up I-75 and getting off like you are going to Lake Cumberland Marine is the best roads and easiest.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Registered

Hey Dock,

Thanks for the reply. We are going to the state dock to pick up a houseboat but have a group of 3-4 boats. The other route I mentioned is a direct route north from Chattanooga and appears to be divided hwy for the most part and is over 100 miles shorter. Even on mapquest, it shows that it is quicker By over an hour. We will still probably go up I-75 as it usually is less stressful without all the little towns.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Dock,

Thanks for the reply. We are going to the state dock to pick up a houseboat but have a group of 3-4 boats. The other route I mentioned is a direct route north from Chattanooga and appears to be divided hwy for the most part and is over 100 miles shorter. Even on mapquest, it shows that it is quicker By over an hour. We will still probably go up I-75 as it usually is less stressful without all the little towns.

Stay on all the major roads you can up there. They wind around like a snake and are uphill and down hil continually.

Good luck and enjoy the run.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:37 AM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Received 89 Likes on 44 Posts

Anyone know anybody that might be cancelling a room at Jamestown?
Old 08-24-2007, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 168 Likes on 67 Posts

Hey Dock,

I understand there is a good way through there but I have not found it yet. I pulled my 37 Thunder home from Florida a month ago and we stopped off there for the weekend and was told to take this SHORTCUT well that shortcut turned out to be a goatpath over a mountain. Did I mention that I didn't have any trailer brakes? There my be a good way through there but I'm done trying to find it. I would think if you're going to StateDock that you would want to go up 65 all the way to Glascow and get of on what I think is 90 and take that over to 127, head North a few miles and you're there.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Registered

I'm all for finding the shortest, fastest route to get anywhere, but when I brought my boat up to LC from Miami, I stuck with I-75 to 80. No chance I'm going to get stuck on some winding hilly route through the mountains while pulling my boat.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:13 PM
Registered

We are definitely going to stick I-75 and 80. We are pulling a couple that are over 40' so we don't need any additional issues.

Quick Reply: Lake Cumberland Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.