Notices

2007 Lake George NY Fall Poker Run Oct 5-7th

Old 09-15-2007, 09:55 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by otis311
EVERYONE PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THIS POST

I am still dealing with the LGPC for permitting for this event.. Do to last years happenings, the law enforcement agencies WONT sign off on the permits. I need them to do so to get the permits from the NYS DEC. I have to do a presentation in front of the Park Commision board of directors on Sept 25th and convince them to sign off and allow me to have this run legally.

What does this mean to all you guys :

With the permit will come a noise provision exempting us from the 90db's for Friday and Saturday.

HERE IS THE KICKER....PAY CLOSE ATTENTION

There will be 4-5 police boats patroling the lake during this run and will be watching us closely. Any boat caught speeding will be ticketed and impounded. They arent screwing around this year !! We will provide pace boats for the groups to run with and keep the speeds down. This wont be your typical balls to the wall poker run..It cant happen this year..they wont allow it. Anyone who breaks out on there own and goes by the pace boat takes the chance of being impounded. Fair warning to all. I am fighting this with all I got, but Im loosing the speed battle on this one run. I will gladly refund anyones money who already has registered and wants to back out at this point. But I will tell you this. You wont be dissapointed with the overall run weekend. I have meet some really great people who have become great freinds thru this event. The dinner and the party is 2nd to none !! The noise wont be the issue once the permits are issued. Some come on up enjoy a nice leasurely day of boating with friends and have a great time at the party and also help out a GREAT cause.

ANY MORE QUESTIONS ??

Bob
Why don't you just move the run back to Sacandaga and avoid the drama?
Old 09-15-2007, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junkie
Low water level this time of year.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junkie

There isnt any water left in Sacandaga to have a safe run.

This will probably be our last big event on LG due to all the headaches it causes. I have been investigating some other waterways for next year. Tantrum and myself might expand on what the LGBPA has been doing. We are considering doing 4-5 runs around the Northeast next season.

Any suggestions on waterways that could handle us would be greatly appreciated

BTW, The LG run will be one of the most entertaining and fun runs you will ever participate in regaurdless of the speed issues. Show up and have one heck of a good time with us. I think you got just a little taste from Sacandaga of what to expect
Old 09-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Registered

Darrin, I would like to display your tow rig by the docks in the Village if you do come down for this run. Its a real sharp setup. Besides, We need to get some more arial shots of your boat on this run. We only got one or two from Sacandaga due to your drive issue

Let me know

Bob
Old 09-15-2007, 10:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mattyboy
Chuck,
I have some pics of your nor-tech from 1000 islands poker run in 2005 we were up there at a donzi gathering we watched you guys start off out of abay

I hope all goes well with the permits we are in no matter what
the 1972 cig was restored to be original as it may be the first 19 ever made the only new item we added was 4 inch stainless marine exhaust so the speeding is not a factor as we will be in the back of the pack but the noise is our concern the boat is extremely loud

getting ready to head north
WOW. I will save you a special docking spot for that rig. NICE !!
Old 09-15-2007, 10:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chuck
Your other right Bob.

Yesterday all three pics were side by side with the Nor-tech being on the far right. I was starting to question myself after both your guys comments....now today the pics are lined up different with the NT being on the bottom and the Spectre being on the right. ????????
Old 09-15-2007, 01:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mattyboy, Would you mind posting them so I can save them? Thanks

Darrin, I tried to send you a p.m. but you aren't set up to receive them. Give me a call when you have time at (518) 796-3325. Thanks
Old 09-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Registered

these were taken from the docks at the edgewood resort in abay across from the fuel dock and the villager of abay
sorry i am not the photographer they are a little grainy I wish i could have taken some shots of you under way but i don't think i could keep up in an old donzi classic
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Lake George NY Fall Poker Run Oct 5-7th-050716070708.jpg   2007 Lake George NY Fall Poker Run Oct 5-7th-050716073352.jpg  
Old 09-15-2007, 02:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thumbs up Hey Mattyboy

Hey Matt do you still have the RED 16' Donzi? It is a great boat, I put a new life in it. I retired as a firefighter and moved from Saratoga Springs to Lake Havasu City AZ. to do more boating. I recently sold my Pantera and purchased a Advantage 27 victory with a merc575. It has a nice West Coast flare. Let me know how you are doing. I sure miss the Donzi Classics! Post some pics of it!

Jeff.
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Lake George NY Fall Poker Run Oct 5-7th-dcp_0085.jpg  

Last edited by jharran; 09-15-2007 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

bob, what about a run on the hudson river?

Quick Reply: 2007 Lake George NY Fall Poker Run Oct 5-7th

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.