Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
2007 Lake George NY Fall Poker Run Oct 5-7th >

2007 Lake George NY Fall Poker Run Oct 5-7th

Notices

2007 Lake George NY Fall Poker Run Oct 5-7th

Old 10-05-2007, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it going to be 60mph for the whole run or in certain areas?
Old 10-05-2007, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 29KILROY
Is it going to be 60mph for the whole run or in certain areas?
Whole run I'm sure. The water patrol will be hiding out all over the lake.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

We cant make it this year. Hope everyone has a great time. Its a great event. Later,

Dan
Old 10-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Registered

I wouldn't worry about the patrol as much as you think. You have a better chance of them getting you for a noise violation then speed. Last year they would sit at designated locations and write tickets left and right. The patrol boats top out close to 50, so those of you who dont have to worry about it shouldn't. There arent many places for them to hide when u run the middle of the lake, until you get up towards the Narrows. Goodluck!!
Old 10-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fountain27LG
I wouldn't worry about the patrol as much as you think. You have a better chance of them getting you for a noise violation then speed. Last year they would sit at designated locations and write tickets left and right. The patrol boats top out close to 50, so those of you who dont have to worry about it shouldn't. There arent many places for them to hide when u run the middle of the lake, until you get up towards the Narrows. Goodluck!!
Noise is allowed this year. You are right about the narrows...they were nabbing people there last year. I'm sure Bob is going to have a talk with all of us at the meeting about the speed limit. If we have an incident free run, hopefully we can have more of these on the lake.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Registered

Were they using radar guns last year? I know they have one maybe 2 within the LG patrol themselves, but are probably bringing in more for the event. We've been running on the lake for years and never had any problems. They issue under 10 tickets a year for speed on average, heres the time to fulfill their quota unfortunatly. If everyone slows down through the narrows we should be fine and have a great weekend, theres plenty of room to run. Weathers looking great
Old 10-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Registered

Were they using radar guns last year? I know they have one maybe 2 within the LG patrol themselves, but are probably bringing in more for the event. We've been running on the lake for years and never had any problems. They issue under 10 tickets a year for speed on average, heres the time to fulfill their quota unfortunatly. If everyone slows down through the narrows we should be fine and have a great weekend, theres plenty of room to run. Weathers looking great
Not sure if they were using guns, but I guess they were...what other proof would they have???

Alright, I'm shutting down, picking up the boat and heading up!
Old 10-05-2007, 01:44 PM
Registered

Its look you going to have a great week-end ......be carfull ...and have a good time
Regard`s
Old 10-05-2007, 02:53 PM

Brilliant post. "The patrol boats top out at 50". What are you gonna do, out run them? Great plan. Try and get every performance run banned from the lake for ever.

There is no noise limit for the event. There IS a 60 mph limit for the whole lake. Its not like LG is 10 miles wide and 100 miles long. Plus you forget about Warren County/DEC/State Police boats. They can sit in the middle of the lake and nail anyone running over 60.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,098 Likes on 294 Posts

Cleaning the boat now. Will see everyone at ten tomarow morning.

Quick Reply: 2007 Lake George NY Fall Poker Run Oct 5-7th

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.