Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
2007 Lake George NY Fall Poker Run Oct 5-7th >

2007 Lake George NY Fall Poker Run Oct 5-7th

Notices

2007 Lake George NY Fall Poker Run Oct 5-7th

Old 10-08-2007, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys great run!! Lake George is so pretty this time of year, I enjoy the cute little shops as well!!!
throttleup466 has a couple valid points. This was my first run and it seemed to be pretty fast to me I wasnt really paying to much attention to how fast we were running, the boats seemed close.
I dont know if his name was Bob but I saw a guy with a flat top, the same guy who presented the drivers meeting, lose control on a guy who seemed very calm ask something about a dinner ticket. It was a very uncomfortable situation for me.
I also did notice some people not wearing life jackets when I watched the video, I overheard someone earlier talking about how they got screamed at for not having thiers on just while picking up a card.
I dont know where they had the awards either, I wanted to vote for the pretty yellow Catameran.
I really enjoyed the weekend, and the ladies in the card booth were so friendly! Hope you have the run next year. Jan
Old 10-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Registered

I would like to thank LGPBA , Law Enforcement and Rescue agencies and of course Bob and family for another great weekend,it is a long haul for myself and crew (aprox 320 miles)to get up there but worth all the time and effort. THANK YOU JoeD
Old 10-08-2007, 08:51 AM
Registered

Just wanted to thank all of the LGPBA and Bob for putting on such a fantastic show! We had taken one of our owners up to see what it was like and he loved it. He was a bit intimidated on the start with all that hardware pushing hard though. So... we decided to run the boat for him and let him enjoy the ride. I will say that the run looked to be handled perfectly by all drivers and staff. We had such a really great time participating and meeting some really AWSOME people
Just wanted to say THANKS and we will see you all for next years run too

It was also really great to see so many Sunsations in one place!

Tom

Last edited by MahopacMarine; 10-08-2007 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:55 AM
Registered

Bob and the Lake George crew

What a great job with over 100 boats running. Will be back next year......hopefully with a bigger boat. At one point I thought we were gonna hit the helicopter

great w/e see ya next year

Ken
Old 10-08-2007, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cig19
Bob and the Lake George crew

What a great job with over 100 boats running. Will be back next year......hopefully with a bigger boat. At one point I thought we were gonna hit the helicopter

great w/e see ya next year

Ken
I heard a ton of great comments on your boat. Very nice rig, it was my absolute dream boat in 1972 when I was 12. Very
Old 10-08-2007, 09:21 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks Bob it was a great time, as usual.

And for anyone with complaints, there is plenty of water out there, go and organize one like you want it!
Old 10-08-2007, 09:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by nordic95
Mattyboy,

Hey it was a great time meeting you and Ken and we should do some boating before the snow flies.You guys looked great on the video from the copter when you were running through the narrows.

Nordic95

Anthony,
Kenny and I had a blast I think the wives might be in for next year. you and your wife and crew did a great job along with Bob and the rest of the club,
yes we are not calling it quits yet in fact we splashed yesterday afternoon and took a little warm down cruise when we got home

I am very glad the copter got us in the narrows and not at our not so great moments, Like when Cig 19 's inflatable pfd went off or me with the front seat in my lap trying to fix the seat pedistal some funny stuff yes we are definetly in next year if we don't get a bigger boat i am gonna sneak on JoeD's boat

we have a run up there with maybe 30 small donzi classics and I know it is like herding lemmings!!! a 114 boats of all sorts running the lake safely , getting cards, stopping for lunch is a big undertaking and I thought it went pretty damn well

Kenny I am searching for a pantera as we speak
Old 10-08-2007, 09:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The opening ceremonies started with a BANG !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCLDCfWpYgA

Copy and paste if the link doesn't work.

Last edited by Full Throttle 525; 10-08-2007 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Miss B.Havin
Hey guys great run!! Lake George is so pretty this time of year, I enjoy the cute little shops as well!!!
throttleup466 has a couple valid points. This was my first run and it seemed to be pretty fast to me I wasnt really paying to much attention to how fast we were running, the boats seemed close.
I dont know if his name was Bob but I saw a guy with a flat top, the same guy who presented the drivers meeting, lose control on a guy who seemed very calm ask something about a dinner ticket. It was a very uncomfortable situation for me.
I also did notice some people not wearing life jackets when I watched the video, I overheard someone earlier talking about how they got screamed at for not having thiers on just while picking up a card.
I dont know where they had the awards either, I wanted to vote for the pretty yellow Catameran.
I really enjoyed the weekend, and the ladies in the card booth were so friendly! Hope you have the run next year. Jan
Jan, I will admit I went overboard with that one individual. There is more to the eye than what you saw at that one point with this person. I could have handled it much better than how I did. I was definitely wrong .. but I cant change that now. No one got screamed at for not having lifejckets on at my stop. Simply put !! Its funny how the stories expand . I had someone come up to me and tell me that people were pissed that while boats were getting damaged at the docks late Saturday night due to a strong wind storm, that all that I did was put extra ropes and fenders on his boat and left to go to bed. My wife and I along with Tim Hayden and his group spent well over an hour checking boats and making sure all was safe. We re-tied and adjusted many boats so that people wouldnt wake up to damage in the am.

We are definitely at the crossroads here with this event. We try to give everyone the best event possible at a cost that is far below the cost of any other event in the country. The event has tripled in size in three years which tells me we are doing most things right, but to do so, and keep it at a low cost, I have to shoulder most of the work load leading up to the event, Dont forget, If we started hiring help and taking the workload and stress load off of of me, we all can kiss the $225.00 goodbye and it wouldnt be feasible or affordable for the average family to attend. The whole crew does this on a volunteer basis, including myself, and The LGPBA doesnt load up their pockets. It is a not for profit business. After all is said and done withthe event, we have about 5-6% margin to work with to operate the business and keep it running.

What to do about it ??

Limit the size ??

Force everyone to pre-register well in advance ?? I took over50 registrations from Wed to Saturday !!

Raise the price and hire staff ??

I dont have answers at this point, We will sit down and listen to suggestions and make the necessary adjustments so that we can continue to give you a safe and enjoyable Poker run

I hope I have given you a little perspective on what my world is like leading up to and during the event, I am truly a pretty nice guy that loves to have alot of fun and treat people the right way, but I seemed to find myself on system overload at this event due to the sheer size it has turned into

Thankyou for your post and insight

Bob Scanlon

PS:

Do you like my flat top ??
Old 10-08-2007, 09:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mattyboy
Anthony,
Kenny and I had a blast I think the wives might be in for next year. you and your wife and crew did a great job along with Bob and the rest of the club,
yes we are not calling it quits yet in fact we splashed yesterday afternoon and took a little warm down cruise when we got home

I am very glad the copter got us in the narrows and not at our not so great moments, Like when Cig 19 's inflatable pfd went off or me with the front seat in my lap trying to fix the seat pedistal some funny stuff yes we are definetly in next year if we don't get a bigger boat i am gonna sneak on JoeD's boat

we have a run up there with maybe 30 small donzi classics and I know it is like herding lemmings!!! a 114 boats of all sorts running the lake safely , getting cards, stopping for lunch is a big undertaking and I thought it went pretty damn well

Kenny I am searching for a pantera as we speak
One of those moments you're glad no one had a camera.................having a pfd inflate during a poker run. The yellow pull cord caught on the steering wheel. Those things inflate pretty quick and put a good head sqeeze on.

Quick Reply: 2007 Lake George NY Fall Poker Run Oct 5-7th

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.