Notices

Gator Dunn Poker Run

Old 10-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gator Dunn Poker Run

To all that attended the gator dunn poker run we hope everyone had a great time!!! Our thanks go out to Tina and Duane for they're efforts to organize this first annual run in just 2 months. Thanks to ALL the contributions that were given to make the auctions and door prizes a success. We encourage all our friends and new friends to make this run next year. This was a really fun run. Duane had told me that when asked if they could organize a run he took all the things he liked about other runs and combined them. This was for a great cause also,"CASA" which is Child Advocacy Services.
A little about the run, The run could be made by land or boat, with a few stops being boat access only. 11 stops total. Each stop had something to do while you were there. Dunkin booth was at one, bikini contest, water ballon toss, Miss baja contest and so on. Run by boat went across Lake Ponchatrain and it was Rough. Hung out over there for a few hours at Friends and Riverside bar.Among the boats going across were James and Kitty's Tiger Bait, Big Bird, Rob Stringer's hustler, Robert and Belinda Cason of R&B construction, The Adrenalin cig with BURT and Kenny and Lea "FARFROMPUKEN" and I know I forgot a few. Party was held at last stop Tin Lizzies with a great band and auctions and door prizes. A film crew was present interveiwing people for the upcoming filming next month of "SPRING BREAK '83". They are using the bar (Tin Lizzies) and boats to re-create the poker run. As some of you know Tin Lizzies bar was used in "Road House 2".
Lea and I would like to thank our crew for all the help and entertainment they provided along the way, Burt for always giving us something to talk about, James and Kitty, Bill and Patty for they're friendship and to Robert for always keeping an eye on us. Thanks to all the stops and donations that help made this happen. Special thanks go to Tina and Duane for the hard work. Best hand was won by a quiet little couple rarely seen in those parts ( NOT !!!!), Kenny and Lea with FARFROMPUKEN.
So lets all go next year and have a great time !!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. See everyone Friday nite at Lizzies.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Are We There Yet?
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We had a great time! Kind of, off season, so it is nice to see everyone! It was very relaxed and no worry about getting a parking spot. I think Robert was the only one had a parking problem with the current in Madisonville. Thanks to good driving he got out of it without throwing Bill in the water!!(hard job to do with Bill)

Thanks to everyone that put the run together!

Congrats...on winning first place!