Notices

2008 Sacandaga Poker Run

Old 06-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hittin' the road at 3. Hopefully in the water at 7:30.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it was already posted sorry but can someone tell me what time it starts and where the stops are? Thanks.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CenturyUltra
If it was already posted sorry but can someone tell me what time it starts and where the stops are? Thanks.
Here it is:

Register up until 11 AM. Lunch from 11:30-1 PM. Drivers meeting is 12 or 12:30. Leave the docks around 1.

We will be leaving Lanzis' and going up the Northville Channel just past Sport Island where a boat will hand out the cards. From there around Sinclair point and up the Bachelorville Channel to the Dam where a boat will hand out the cards. Then back down to Sand Island where another boat will be handing out cards. Then into the cove just past Dominicks where a boat will hand out cards. From there we will shoot over to Bruce Millers place (Grandview Marina) for a card. From there we head to Sport Island for the dinner and after party.

If anyone needs to pull their boat out at Millers they can at that point. You may also leave it at Lanzis docks as well. If you do pull your boat it might be a good idea to leave it at Millers or drive them down to Lanzis as he has a large parking lot for the rigs. Sport Island will be to hard to have all the trucks and trailers parked there.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish I could make this one....would love to break out my new ride for this one, but it's just not in the cards this weekend. Hope the weather holds out and please post some pics!! See you at the next one.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:00 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,171 Likes on 318 Posts

That sucks Chris.
Pete, see you there.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:04 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,171 Likes on 318 Posts

That was a great event!!Well organized, good food and a great time!
P.S.- Hail hurts over 30mph.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great run Chris, lot's of cool boats and an awesome group of people.
Sacandaga and Lanzi's really know how to welcome the poker run crowd.
Bruce and Mary Miller, thanks for letting us all use your launch an giving us a great place to leave our trucks and trailers.
Sport Island was still rocking at 3 am and gave us all a great meal, great drinks, and some great entertainment.
Thanks to everyone envolved for a great weekend.

Morgan Haak
Sutphen Performance Group
[email protected]
Old 06-29-2008, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I would like to thank everyone for coming out for the run. I had a great time and I hope you did as well. A little rain at the end of the day made for an interesting run to the finish. At least we got the long legs of the run done before the rain came.

Everyone that I talked to around the lake said that we were well behaved and the Sheriffs were extremely helpful and happy to have us do the run. It was great to see the traffic on the bridges stopped and people getting out to take pictures. Many boats were anchored along the route to watch and take pictures.

A $2,000 donation for Make a Wish was raised and will be given to them this week.

1st place - Darrin Nelson $2,000
2nd place - Laurie Fletcher $1,500
3rd place - Pete Aitkin jr. $700

The video crew said they should have the editing done and ready in about 4 weeks. I will keep you posted. I will also let you know when the photographers pictures are up on his site and available.

I would like to thank everyone that helped with putting this event together. It could not have been as successful as it was with out all of you.

I have already started thinking of some improvements for next year. I look forward to seeing everyone again next year.

Thanks again

Chris Czub
Old 06-29-2008, 08:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
That was a great event!!Well organized, good food and a great time!
P.S.- Hail hurts over 30mph.
I am glad you and your father had a great time. I hope to see you out here again. That storm was something!

Thanks!
Old 06-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by talon25
Great run Chris, lot's of cool boats and an awesome group of people.
Sacandaga and Lanzi's really know how to welcome the poker run crowd.
Bruce and Mary Miller, thanks for letting us all use your launch an giving us a great place to leave our trucks and trailers.
Sport Island was still rocking at 3 am and gave us all a great meal, great drinks, and some great entertainment.
Thanks to everyone envolved for a great weekend.

Morgan Haak
Sutphen Performance Group
[email protected]
Morgan,

Thanks for your help with the shirts. Sport Island was Loud Saturday night. Just a few people were under the influence!

Quick Reply: 2008 Sacandaga Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.