Notices

2008 Sacandaga Poker Run

Old 02-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will make a few calls for you, I am not sure but you are the one that needed some help up on this end of the lake by the Dam (right) if so then you know the lake . there are some nice spots up here which are close to that marina.
Then there are some on the other end also so just let me know which end of the Lake you would like to rent a place
here is my e-mail [email protected]
give me a couple days I will put a list together for you with pics of the houses
there is one I am not sure if it is rented out for that weekend but it is right on the water and I know that has a dock, not far from our house, so you can leave you boat trailer at our place (not much room for parking) but nice house.
send me a e-mail and I will go from there.
we are getting this storm so I might be out of power don't worry if I don't get back right away.

Kell
Old 02-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rforsey

Can't wait ...You know that we are in.
I know alot of Boats missed out on Last years, because of a wedding on the Lake that same day, Also
Rick and Jen just had the Baby so I know they will be in this year.
It is a Great Charity, and we always have a blast running together.
Chris,
you and I have talked alot about this and I know you have alot planned that will make this a awesome Run.
I am sure you will do a great job, you know if you need anything Ron and I will help out .

also if anyone is coming from further away and needs a place to stay, let us know and we will see what we can find for them. alot of houses on the Lake rent out for the weekend or the week. most with docking .
but being this is just before the 4th, you would have to do it soon.

Thanks Kell. It will be a great time. I will talk to you soon.

Chris
Old 02-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junkie
I need a place to stay. Would love to rent a house with dock - can you make a recommendation?
Adrenaline,

Give me a call this evening. I have some info for you on a place to stay. ( I know the owner)

Chris

(518) 813-8560 cell
Old 03-04-2008, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Any more info on this event like, places to stay, where on the lake it is, launch ramps, parking ect....?? Is there any noise/speed limits on the lake. Thinking of coming up for this one. Thanks,

Dan
Old 03-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea any places to stay. I missed last year due to the weather and I would like to make it this year.Please list some local places and any info would be great.

Thanks Nordic95
Old 03-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Any more info on this event like, places to stay, where on the lake it is, launch ramps, parking ect....?? Is there any noise/speed limits on the lake. Thinking of coming up for this one. Thanks,

Dan
Thanks for the interest Dan.

The run will start at Lanzi's on the Lake and end at their other Restaurant/Bar called Sport Island Pub. Bruce Miller of Grandview Marina (Miller marine) has graciously offered the use of his ramp again. How many vehichles/trailers he can hold I will find out. There are a few State boat launches (free) to use on the lake. The best one is in Broadalbin. Great launch and parking and straight across from Lanzi's. Lanzi's has a HUGE parking area if you want to put in and drive rig to Lanzi's (it is only a few miles down the road from Millers). I will get a map together with locations and points of interest for the run. As far as speed and noise we have never had a problem. Last year the Sheriffs dept. actually assisted us with moving non poker run boats out of our way for us to run safely. They were extremely helpful and I expect the same again this year.

Places to stay, we are working on getting some prices of a few places. There is a place right next to Sport Island called The Flip Inn and another called the Inn at the Bridge less than a mile from Sport Island. I plan on welcoming a few to stay with me and I know some have stayed on their boats at the docks. I will post more info as soon as I get it. I hope to see everyone there!

Chris Czub

Last edited by EvilTwin; 03-05-2008 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Registered

Thanks for the response Chris. It sounds like a good time and not that bad of a tow either. Sorry no room to stay on this bad boy!!
Attached Thumbnails 2008 Sacandaga Poker Run-19366.jpg   2008 Sacandaga Poker Run-19366_3.jpg  
Old 03-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response Chris. It sounds like a good time and not that bad of a tow either. Sorry no room to stay on this bad boy!!
After last years party I could have slept in that boat!
Old 03-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DRIPPINWETII
After last years party I could have slept in that boat!
Haha...nice!!
Old 03-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Registered

Sure there is! Just lay a towel across the back and your all set!

Here are a couple places very close to Sport Island that would be great for staggering back to after the party:

The Flip Inn
(518) 863-4644
1 877 354-7466
www.theflipinn.com

Inn at the Bridge (like a bed and breakfast) they have docks
(518) 863-2240
1 888 245-8220
www.innatthebridge.com

It should be a great time! Hope to see you there. Let me know if I can help you with anything.

Chris Czub

Quick Reply: 2008 Sacandaga Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.