Old 02-21-2008, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MY BAD I GUESS I NEED TO CATCH UP WITH THE LINGO
Old 02-21-2008, 05:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 44MTI
Hey Brad, how far of a pull is that for us.
From E-Dock headquarters - a good 8 hours.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:28 AM
Registered

Good News!

The Pre-registration and interest has been awesome!

Bad News!

Although the response has been fantastic the support has been less then supportive!!!!

The cost to do a Run of this magnatude is off the charts between Poker Run/Event Insurance to protect everyone involved including the sponsors and the Helicopter/Video crew etc. I have already spent several Thousand Dollars out of my own pocket and i am not seeing much help Monetarily unfortunatly in the near future from our sponsors that promised to help to be able to continue advertising etc.

One of the perspective sponsors recently decided they would not sponsor the poker run unless they could make money from the participants and be included for free! Not even willing to help pay for the them to be added as additional insured on the policy to protect themselves.

We decided we would pass on their location as a stop as this option is not a possibility with the expenses and we can get support elsewhere. Problem is that Person proceeded to call all our other location stops questioning them about there participation and sponsorship of the Poker Run throwing a monkey wrench into things.

It very frustrating and hard to believe this would go on. Bottom line is Greed getting in the way here with one person saying if they can not play for Free then they will cause all the trouble they can and question the support of the event.

Unfortunate that something that is for (Kids Charity) and a great run bringing boats from all over the country is borderline on not being able to happen due to This A$$hole! and that establishment.

Bottom line is in order to do things the right way and have the things like Helicopters etc this money does not grow on trees and we need support other then the registrations

I do not want to Cancel this run, but if things do not change with support from our sponsors and LTPA's involvement I can not afford to continue it out of pocket!

Last edited by 30 Outlaw; 02-24-2008 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:37 PM
Registered

Sounds like the fees are pretty close to other runs...

Just make one of the other stops a two time stop, hit it on the way back. By the last stop everyone is taking it easy anyways. I have a feeling there will be 4-8 boats coming down from OK.

Make sure and tell us who the one azzhole is... he will get NONE of our money and maybe a blanket party.

Travis is one of the best lakes in the country... cant wait to come back for a visit!
Old 02-23-2008, 10:24 AM
Registered

Who is it?
Old 02-23-2008, 10:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by atxwellcraft
Who is it?

Brian with Johnny Fins has caused the trouble at this point calling our other stops and sponsors questioning there participation putting a monkey wrench in the whole thing.

Johnnie and Mike @ Johnny Fins were some of the nicest and coolest people to work with, but when Brian got involved it became. "Do it for Free for Us or we do not really need your Business" After several conversations trying to work something out and explaining that we have opporating costs and a charity that we are trying to raise money for but nothing mattered. When I mentioned the cost of adding them as additional insured on the policy and helping with that he again declined and said if we wanted them to be stop then it was our responsibility to pay!

When I said we would move on to another location or option

He then proceeded to call all our Locations and sponsors questioning there involvement and commitment. I normally would not mention names, but this is one of the WORST business professionals I have ever had to deal with in my life and while we were doing poker runs.

To top it off he said I had to Pay out of my own pocket for armed security guards for crowd control and because he seen the LTPA was listed on the Information......WTF (Whole Nother Story accourding to him)

Bottom line is we will just pick another stop and I would pay the whole Damn thing out of my own pocket before I gave something for free back to a guy that has caused this much trouble for this event.

This event is going to continue one way or the other and they are not invited to be a part of it.

Last edited by 30 Outlaw; 02-24-2008 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 30 Outlaw
"Do it for Free for Us or we do not really need your Business"
That's the funniest chit I've heard the past couple of years!

Johnny Fins has been a ghost town to the boating community the past 5 yrs or so. They don't draw 1/4 of the crowd they used to. Back in the day when it was Sam Hill, it was standing-room only around the whole place. One of the appeals to that establishment is being able to dock your boat RIGHT THERE and not have to walk a country mile to get to the restaurant/bar.

I have never met Brian, but I get the feeling he hasn't been around the lake too much. Maybe he doesn't like making money? Did he used to work at Shades? An event like this could easily add $5k to his gross sales for the day.

Me thinks some good 'ole word-of-mouth advertising about this and he just might change his mind. I know I'm fixing to type an email and explain my feelings about this. I won't spend a dime there this year and recommend none of my friends/crew do either.

Last edited by Griswald; 02-23-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Registered

This is the last E-mail I got after trying to explain the costs involved and what we could bring to them in business!!!!

As I said before, we would be a stop, but we will not pay to be one. It doesn't make
sense. Good luck!
Fins Management

Bryan Kelley

Last edited by 30 Outlaw; 02-24-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Registered

He wishes "good luck" yet is calling everyone else around the lake? IMO, he will regret this.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:17 PM
Registered

I am so glad to see the continued interest in the run and I believe the interest is so great in this specific event and all it has to offer, that it is going to be a huge success even if that business doesnt want any part of it or want any of the participants to come to their marina. Think about all the reservations for accomodations that have been pouring in all around the lake and the nearby towns. This thing will fill up every available lodging business in the area. Hope you all are making plans. Ours is locked in. Woo Hoo

Quick Reply: Texas Heat Wave Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.